is this dialogue a sign of weakness and fear?

34 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Is that because they aren't actually practicing Sikhi or because culturally there are just differences?

Nah bro i was referring to the migrant hindu workers from bihar, which increase the hindu population and decrease sikh population percent wise. 

As proactive stated, it's very unsafe for sikhs outside of punjab to voice support for sikh sovereignty. We have to realize Sikhs are a tiny minuscule minority in urban centers outside Punjab, barely reaching 1 or 2%. Even in metro Delhi, they constitute less than 2%.

Even in Punjab Sikhs are a minority in most urban centers. Ludhiana: 28 % , Amritsar 48%, Bathinda: 35%, Jallandhar : 21%, Chandigarh: 13 %. 

Sikhs are : Mumbai: 0.50%, Chennai: 0.06%, kanpur: 1.0%, Kolkata: 0.01%, Patna: 1.0% just to name a few.

Keeping these stats in mind, how can we expect them to support something that would lead to public ostracization and even physical danger. These Sikhs have to behave as patriotic as possible. Overt time, the outward projection of patriotism ends up altering our deep held views. 

When it comes to sant ji I think there are some regional differences as well in Punjab. Where my family are from Nawanshahr Sant ji is seen as a congress agent and very negatively, it might be the very strong congress influence in the area. Even my parents used to say stuff like that! People there straight up call sant a agent. While when I went Amritsar there were images of Sant ji everywhere! Posters, t shirts etc  and from my interaction with people from different parts of Punjab, people from Majha in general have positive views about Sant ji. 

11 minutes ago, dharamyudh said:

Fellow brother from Nawanshahr! ?  

Doaba in general is probably the most out of tune with Sikhi, it's honestly sad. Only thing we really got is Kartarpur. My mom and nanke  were like that. That's what everybody down there used to think. Obviously a result of Indian propaganda, it's only recently that people began to realize what actually happened. Compared to the other regions, it wasn't really a hot spot during the kharku era either. When I was younger,  I would always used to be confused when going to gurdwaras in Majha and Malwa! You would literally have huge banners of Sant Ji. I always knew in my heart that something wasn't right and that the government was hiding something.   

?  always gd to hear from a fellow Nawanshariya ?

Yeah things are really bad in Doaba, especially in Nawanshahr, i don't think people realize how bad the state of Sikhi is in the area. Yeah Nawanshahr and Doaba have always been a Congress area so i guess that's one of the reasons why people there see sant ji in a negative way, and yeah the Doaba was the least involved and affected area during the the struggle of the 80s and 90s, false encounters did happen but were quite low. From Doaba i think Jalandhar had the most contribution during the 80s. Another reason is Doaba is mainly Hindu, and a lot of Ravidassias are more towards Hinduism. 

My own parents used to say sant ji was a agent! in Nawanshahr i'v asked a few people there and they said the same thing! But yeah recently people from that region have started seeing the other side especially because of the Sikh media, my parents now fully understand sant ji.