Maharaja Ranjit Singh funeral

puzzled

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

But its amazing what he was able to create in such a short period of time at such a young age, taking into account he basically came from a family of peasants just like most the other Sikh Misl leaders. I wonder why the years of the Sikh misl period are never counted into Sikh Raj? by the 1770s or even earlier Punjab was mainly ruled by Sikh Misls.

He had a brilliant mind and achieved great things in a secular sense. For some reason, Sikhs have never produced a personality that plays the secular game on an equal footing with the best non-Sikhs, yet has the spiritual ability and decorum of a mahapurash, etc. I'm asking for too much, lol.

10 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

He had a brilliant mind and achieved great things in a secular sense. For some reason, Sikhs have never produced a personality that plays the secular game on an equal footing with the best non-Sikhs, yet has the spiritual ability and decorum of a mahapurash, etc. I'm asking for too much, lol.

Sounds like the makings of Khalsa Raj Veer Ji. 

13 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I think we could of had leaders but lack of organization and government propaganda just doesn't allow it.

A lot of fake stories about Ranjit Singh were spread by the British during his lifetime, like how he struggled to have children and used to send his wives to other men so they can have children!  They really tried to push this!  They spread stories that his first wife adopted two boys while another wife had kids with a young muslim water carrier called Gullu. They spread stories about Rani Jindan having an affair with Bhaman Lal Singh indicating Duleep Singh was not Ranjit Singhs son.  I mean I'm pretty sure a man who had over a 100 dancing girls in his harem was more than capable of having kids!    it was all propaganda,  Its as if they knew these rumours would come in use once the empire collapses so people will question the credibility of his sons/heir to the throne ?    these British were extremely sly and crafty, very conniving   I'd say they even outwitted the Bhamans and even used them to become spies n the Anglo Sikh wars and then gave them a bit of land, but in reality they were still the masters of even these Bhamans. 

this is how they portrayed Rani Jind Kaur, just imagine how insulting and offensive this would of been to a Sikh woman in those days and to the Sikhs. The white stone on her belly is the Kohinoor diamond.

Flashman and the Mountain of Light by George MacDonald FraserWhat do Indians think of 'The Flashman Papers' where the titular ...

He actually was thin and short 

the Frenchman Jacquemont wrote: "He is a thin little man with an attractive face, though he has lost an eye from small pox which has otherwise disfigured him little. His right eye, which remains, is very large, his nose is fine and slightly turned up, his mouth thin, his teeth excellent. He wears slight moustaches which he twists incessantly with his finger, and a long thin beard which falls to his chest

You see the effects, but who were the people behind the curtains pulling stings ?

the more I read about him, the more I suspect Ranjit Singh was far from ideal gursikh. He was just an angry jatt on a large scale. Nothing in his life suggest sikh piety , except ofcourse the grand historical gurudwaras he built.

What the heck were dancing girls ? how come no one batted an eyelid against that ? they must have and Ranjit singh also got punishment once outside akal takht, but the enemies (read 'baahmanic mindsets') have for long pulled strings of sikh community affairs than you would like to admit ! 

the mess is older than indian govt's or british atrocities , this invisible evil from behind the curtains is way way older than all of that . 

Damandeep Singh Sandhwalia a descendant of Ranjit Singhs family,  its always great to see descendants of prominent Sikh figures in proper Sikh appearance, Ranjit Singh was from the Sandhwalia clan, this guy is a descendant of Ranjit Singhs cousin. Sandhwalias were quite bitter about about Ranjit Singh getting the throne and not them! They held a prominent position in his darbar but were always trying to get the throne !

Pin on maharajas of india

think this guy is a descendant of Jind Kaur

Koh-i-Noor: The jewel in the British crown with a very murky past ...

Descendants of Bhai Maharaj Singh ji who rebelled against the British after the ando sikh wars, his family are in Sikhi saroop too

On 6/27/2020 at 10:36 PM, puzzled said:

Maharani Jind Kaur famously said that she won't become sati. 

From what I have read on this there was no thought of her becoming sati, because Dalip Singh was still an infant (8 months) and suckling. Mothers in such situations were barred from sati.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:36 PM, puzzled said:

The 7 dancing girls that committed sati were Kashmiri. 

Gardner says that these girls were forced by Dhian Singh as they knew some of his secrets that could harm him if they were made public. He says these girls were forced to become sati and were almost dragged to the pyre.

20 hours ago, puzzled said:

A lot of fake stories about Ranjit Singh were spread by the British during his lifetime, like how he struggled to have children

At the time, it wasn't the "british" representatives of the crown. It was the esat india company. They had to provide reasons to the British govt for taking over territories. They were carefull not to upset Parliament because parliament could revoke their license as trading agents of the crown.

So they would make up stuff that made people in britian feel that the east india company was actually doing the right thing. One of these was an overexaggeration of sati. One of the other rule of the company and later the crown, was that kingdoms could only be bequeathed to blood children. So if a King failed to produce a heir, the company and later the crown could claim it as theirs. This happened with some Sikh Kings as well. The company produced a lot of false info about Maharaaja Sahib in order to smoothen the way to take over the Kingdom.

They spread stories about Rani Jindan having an affair with Bhaman Lal Singh

This was true actually, but it happened after maharaja Sahib's death.

these British were extremely sly and crafty, very conniving 

Very. But they were also very well organised and patient. Waiting for the opportunity to present itself. Its something Sikhs aren't too good at these days.