Maharaja Ranjit Singh funeral

puzzled

On 6/28/2020 at 9:00 PM, dharamyudh said:

Ranjit Singh himself wasn't even a religious Sikh. Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate his efforts, and he did a lot. But the true emperor/king of the empire, and any sort of Khalsa Raj is and always will be Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. If Sikhs manage any raj in the future, it's a must we place SatGuru Maharaj on the highest seat of authority. True Khalsa rule. 

The 5 thieves won again, the empire was filled with it. Egos, lust and so on. You would think a Sikh Empire would make a lot of it's inhabitants Sikh instead of kissing up to them. I'm pretty sure, Bhai Ram Singh (Who I read was a gursikh and never claimed to be a Guru) split for that very reason. Just imagine the court of Ranjit Singh. Dancers, alcohol, all the typical stuff of a raja. That isn't Khalsa Raj though. It's crazy to see the shift in mentality once gaining power. Just imagine how the raj would've looked like if we had true gursikhs running it.     

singhs used to drink alchohol in puratan times. Naveen panth prakash by gyani gian singh mentions it. Even sooraj prakash mentions it. theres nothing wrong in drinking alchohol if u believe in puratan granths. 

5 hours ago, Tamansingh123 said:

singhs used to drink alchohol in puratan times. Naveen panth prakash by gyani gian singh mentions it. Even sooraj prakash mentions it. theres nothing wrong in drinking alchohol if u believe in puratan granths. 

Hence the reason why I believe our Raaj fell in the first place. We strayed away from Sikhi. Not all of the Sikhs during the Misl period were perfect saints. We had some, however, the trends we see today were present there as well. Also, I believe those granths were written during the Raj and towards the end (panth parkash I believe) and Singhs were definitely consuming alcohol at that time. These are some of the reasons why you had groups like the Sant Khalsa who are now the Namdharis.   

40 minutes ago, dharamyudh said:

Hence the reason why I believe our Raaj fell in the first place. We strayed away from Sikhi. Not all of the Sikhs during the Misl period were perfect saints. We had some, however, the trends we see today were present there as well. Also, I believe those granths were written during the Raj and towards the end (panth parkash I believe) and Singhs were definitely consuming alcohol at that time. These are some of the reasons why you had groups like the Sant Khalsa who are now the Namdharis.   

Yeah pretty sure misldars were drinking alcohol by very end of 18th century