Guest bibek Kaur

Guest bibek Kaur

hi this boy I know  has a big problem he told me and I don't know what to do,

so basically he hasn't comb he's hair for a bit as he rushes when he ties he's dastaar as he just makes he's Bunga and didn't even brush it. and now he has massive knots and he wants to take when out but he's not sure what to do he's really stressed because they are not coming out as its such a big big knot like its most of he's hair its been so long ,

what should he do I think the only option is to cut it but he is amritari should he just leave it because he doesn't want to break Amrit by cutting hair but also he wants to sort it out what should he do cut it 

thank you 

Guest S1ngh

This happened to me in 2015. I admit it was my fault as I didn't comb my hair properly everyday.

It's horrible I know, but you can't leave it like that. Don't cut your hair, that will ruin it. You need to untangle it, use your fingers first then a comb in sections. Honestly you will have to pull hard and some of your hair will snap or be pulled out. I'm sorry but that's the only way.

About 60% of my hair was pulled out from untangling. I tie parna at home and my parents were wondering why the top was suddenly very flat thinking I cut my hair. But your hair will grow back. Do 1 hr of balayam (youtube it by swami ramdev) each day, in 6 months your hair will grow back beautifully.

Mistakes happen, you can re-take amrit that's no problem. I now take care of my kesh and comb with kanga morning and evening.

Mod Note: This user is not our regular forum user "S1ngh"

Guest Harjot

It looks like a bad problem I would guess if you carnt get the knots out because there bad you may have to cut them and ask for forgives 

Guest Singh

Me and my brother were very careless in childhood and got such knots on our head. It took my mom more than a month to get everything ok, trying different things. Best thing that worked out was a hair serum, my mom used Livon hair Serum, which we used to get in India. Other things my mom did were, slowly separating and spending a lot of time (in hours) on small small portion of hairs (by hand then slowly trying comb, then again repeating). Once some hairs were separated and mom was tired, she would tie them in a braid separately from the main braid and tie them together. Slowly slowly, all the hairs were separated.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use