Missing Sikh women in East London - keep eyes open

46 minutes ago, puzzled said:

i think its too late for that. just how culture has weakened, dharam, or whatever little dharam there was in the first place has weakened as well. Sikhi is just a tradition for the vast majority and traditions change. Culture gave traditional morals and values, dress modestly, don't sleep around, don't argue will elders etc thats what our parents taught us growing up right, but now that has vanished. Tradition cultural values were hand in hand with Sikhi. Both have collapsed. 

I mean there a females on social media talking about doing squats on top of their partners erect pen1s, with 100s of likes, how are are you supposed to promote dharam to this kind and what type of dharam will they pass down to their kids?  I quick look on Instagram and you will see the majority of Punjabis drinking, in sexual position and wearing next to nothing. Vast majority of Punjabis have 0 interest in Sikhi, i mean why would they? they never were Sikhs in the first place.

Just an example, one of my friends back in the days was a punjabi female who didnt know a word of punjabi and she was an atheist while her brother had a baby before marrige with a white girl and gave the kid a english name and moved in with his gf. What "dharam" will they pass onto their kids?  This is happening in many Punjabi families, and will continue happening.

It really is too late for the vast majority of cultural Sikhs. The state they are in is deplorable 

Traditional values and Sikhi came hand in hand with Sikhs in the UK. How is one supposed to understand Sikhi if they have no moral structure or tradition values? In my last work place a Punjabi female was talking about b00b jobs, this talk is the norm for a lot of young Punjabis.

Look what happened to Christianity in this country after post war liberal attitudes. 

It is the uncle/auntie generation keeping this lot tied ti some kind of Sikh practice, one they are gone that that will be it! 

I think we've been written off too many times only to survive. Yeah sure, things might not be the same as before, but that is inevitable anyway. I think pessimism or a defeatist attitude will only increase the chances of what you are suggesting happening. 

What I believe will salvage things (in a big way) is a small group of intelligent, questioning, reflective khoji Sikhs who will set trends and reinvigorate the dharam. We've had such contradictory messages sent to the youth for so long with this hotchpotch of what on the surface looks like the dharam  but is really a mixture of colonial era manipulation and older (usually caste based) cultural practices which have a lot of negatives as well as positives. Once we start to explore, present and practice (as a society)the dharam without the hypocrisy, it will blossom.  

17 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Today our situation is that we are still a stateless people. But this time instead of Hinduism we are in danger of being dissolved in western cultural norms, western atheism and western universalism. Situation is the same but we now have a new opponent that we need to be aware of.

Do you think its possible where westernized, liberal individuals the sort that get posted about on here, would ever see value in Sikh traditions and practices? and somehow   revert 

In most cases once you go western/liberal then there is not going back! 

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Do you think its possible where westernized, liberal individuals the sort that get posted about on here, would ever see value in Sikh traditions and practices? and somehow   revert 

In most cases once you go western/liberal then there is not going back! 

Our ancestors kept some rehits which protected them from dissolving and assimilating with non-Sikhs. Some of these rehits are no longer practiced and we can see the results

In the coming decades I think Sikhism in the West will be only followed by those who are part of a group, sampradah, jatha. Mainstream Sikhs are dissolving and assimilating into westernism. Already we are seeing how manmat like homosexuality, inter religious marriages are being accepted by the new generation of mainstream Sikhs.

Honestly when I first read of her disappearing a few days back on facebook sikh channel page, I thought she too was a victim of those grooming gangs

although she sound like "princess" of a rich dad because she was in news everywhere and i think they just don't advert missing people like that in media for free. its $$$$ , isn't it ?

13 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Our ancestors kept some rehits which protected them from dissolving and assimilating with non-Sikhs. Some of these rehits are no longer practiced and we can see the results

In the coming decades I think Sikhism in the West will be only followed by those who are part of a group, sampradah, jatha. Mainstream Sikhs are dissolving and assimilating into westernism. Already we are seeing how manmat like homosexuality, inter religious marriages are being accepted by the new generation of mainstream Sikhs.

Somewhere along the way we've allowed a certain mentality to creep in which implies that "anything and everything is permissable" in Sikhi. At the same time, an opposing idea that a Sikh who rallies against this mentality; who wishes to adhere to a framework of belief and edicts is labelled as orthodox or extreme has also taken hold. Basically, following rules is intolerant, oppressive, and ungodly, whereas just "being" is godly. It's the same pattern that's beginning to tear at the fabric of humanity across the globe. So in that sense we aren't alone. But in our unique situation, it's our duty to provide solutions to these problems that originate outside of religious circles.