Missing Sikh women in East London - keep eyes open

49 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Just had a look on twitter and there were people from all around the globe praying for her return! Whites, Blacks, Muslims etc! 

Diljit Dosanj, mandy takhar jazzy b and so many singers celebs were posting about it too on social media

Pure besti..no wander the muslims and everyone else are laughing...whats makes it even more embarrassing is they called Sikh youth uk first and didnt call the police for a while even many were telling them to call police 1st and they seemed hesitant...maybe if'd they'd called police first who would have analysed and look through cctv and take appropriate actions if she was 'missing' it'd be less embarrassments, then get the whole world to say shes 'missing'....

8 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

Diljit Dosanj, mandy takhar jazzy b and so many singers celebs were posting about it too on social media

Pure besti..no wander the muslims and everyone else are laughing...whats makes it even more embarrassing is they called Sikh youth uk first and didnt call the police for a while even many were telling them to call police 1st and they seemed hesitant...maybe if'd they'd called police first who would have analysed and look through cctv and take appropriate actions if she was 'missing' it'd be less embarrassments, then get the whole world to say shes 'missing'....

A person has to be missing for more than 24 hours for the police to look for a missing person.

She is not under the age of 16 or 18, where she will be seen as a minor.

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Hasn't the family just humiliated themselves now, her face slapped all over the internet and social media, only for her to casually return the next day, and from what i see its really starting to backfire, her family were not being honest all along. Rather than making it into a embarrassing national search party family should of just accepted her relationship and done whatever she was asking for, or given her the boot, its one or the other.  The family knew all along that she isn't "missing"  lol  and they never "found" her she just casually comes back the next day.

You don't know the family situation and who her bf was and what his motives were.   Best to keep the assumptions to yourself,  this goes for every punjabi munching on fast food as they analyze something they have barely any info on.  What if, her bf was a groomer and making a cry for help from the family scared the groomer from trafficking her to another country? This is a big if, but it has happened. Whether she is 23 or 35, there are many scary ways to traffick women in the country and take them to a muslim country where she would be gone forever.  Wouldn't you feel really stupid for judging the family if this was the case?  Majority of punjabis are safe, tucked away from the dark side of the world.  The cruelty that rest on the other side is kept separate by a paper thin wall by your parents.  Be glad, be grateful this wasn't you (speaking to everyone who became sherlock Holmes).  Daddy and mommy don't tuck you in (again speaking to everyone who became sherlock Holmes) at night but their protection layer is around you.  

It took a panthic effort to maybe put her on the right track.  I doubt it her mom and dad would want to put their daughter on blast over social media just for having a boyfriend.  Punjabis are big on izzat.  

4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

A shallow, base mentality for a shallow and base people

but if we're sikhs of such elated gurus, how can we be so shallow and base ?

if I dared dig deeper , I might open a pandora's box I fear. 

girls eloping with boyfriends ,often non-sikhs , seem to be not uncommon in sikhs 

The daughter of local granthi singh , who himself seems quite a pious and gursikh man, had some affair with her non-sikh bf . It caused quite a gossip in local sikh circle . Poor father had to bear the bezti , so he's marrying off her to some sikh guy in punjab. 

There was another family , 2 daughters, one of them would rarely leave house, was a "homely" girl , quiet and reserved , even did masters in commerce, but apparently ran away with a christian boyfriend . Her family digged her back from that relationship and married her off to some sikh guy in UK and themselves left mumbai. Our immediate neighbors, both daughters, ran away with musleh . 

This seems to be not an uncommon theme in sikh families . I won't say its common, but its not that rare either. 

Do our daughters see bad models of sikh men in their fathers ? we need to introspect 

19 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

but if we're sikhs of such elated gurus, how can we be so shallow and base ?

if I dared dig deeper , I might open a pandora's box I fear. 

Was Pirthiya indistinguishable in temperament and spirituality from Guru Arjan Dev Ji, his own brother? Heck, do any of their descendants have the same level of character and demeanour? Human nature finds a way to the surface. This wasn't a secret in Guru Sahib's lifetimes. Some of the people they associated with made mistakes; betrayed them, etc. That's not a reflection on the Gurus. We aren't even in the same ballpark. I wouldn't dare to consider myself "of" the Gurus just because I'm trying to follow the path they prescribed, it doesn't matter what anyone says. 

1 minute ago, MisterrSingh said:

Was Pirthiya indistinguishable in temperament and spirituality from Guru Arjan Dev Ji, his own brother? Heck, do any of their descendants have the same level of character and demeanour? Human nature finds a way to the surface. This wasn't a secret in Guru Sahib's lifetimes. Some of the people they associated with made mistakes; betrayed them, etc. That's not a reflection on the Gurus. We aren't even in the same ballpark. I wouldn't dare to consider myself "of" the Gurus, it doesn't matter what anyone says. 

NO I am not lifting a finger on the gurus. God forgive me . 

But where the heck sikhs of the guru went so wrong that we have a generation like this at our hands ? Having said that, I wonder how my kid will turn out ? but I guess we can only give good teaching and set a good example ourselves, and pray to waheguru to keep our children on the straight path

Just now, AjeetSingh2019 said:

NO I am not lifting a finger on the gurus. God forgive me . 

But where the heck sikhs of the guru went so wrong that we have a generation like this at our hands ? Having said that, I wonder how my kid will turn out ? but I guess we can only give good teaching and set a good example ourselves, and pray to waheguru to keep our children on the straight path

Self-responsibility and faith in something bigger than yourself. I find that's a good starting point.

18 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

girls eloping with boyfriends ,often non-sikhs , seem to be not uncommon in sikhs 

The daughter of local granthi singh , who himself seems quite a pious and gursikh man, had some affair with her non-sikh bf . It caused quite a gossip in local sikh circle . Poor father had to bear the bezti , so he's marrying off her to some sikh guy in punjab. 

There was another family , 2 daughters, one of them would rarely leave house, was a "homely" girl , quiet and reserved , even did masters in commerce, but apparently ran away with a christian boyfriend . Her family digged her back from that relationship and married her off to some sikh guy in UK and themselves left mumbai. Our immediate neighbors, both daughters, ran away with musleh . 

This seems to be not an uncommon theme in sikh families . I won't say its common, but its not that rare either. 

Do our daughters see bad models of sikh men in their fathers ? we need to introspect 

People leaving their faiths, eloping, converting, becoming atheists etc is pretty much happening in every faith, we just notice it more in ours because we belong to the community, people of other faiths are having exact same conversations within their own circles. 

3 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Self-responsibility and faith in something bigger than yourself. I find that's a good starting point.

It seems satan keeps whispering in my heart nowadays more often lol. This has happened more since I started chatting with this vedic atheist guy and uhmm reading on certain indigenous sanatan philosophies