Missing Sikh women in East London - keep eyes open

23 hours ago, puzzled said:

Do you think its possible where westernized, liberal individuals the sort that get posted about on here, would ever see value in Sikh traditions and practices? and somehow   revert 

In most cases once you go western/liberal then there is not going back! 

Its hard to predict. 

On one hand, sharam is the basis for dharam. And sharam is completely absent in the western liberal mindset. 

On the other hand, if sikhi is to become global and to have an impact, we need to get with the times. 

Western sikhs have more of an impact and reach. Like bhai jagraj singh and 3H0 and sikh awareness society. They can provide solutions to modern problems like depression/ill health (yoga) and grooming (awareness) and relate to younger audiences.

While the old sharam dharam ppl are barey surviving, can barely keep their families on the right path and are sanctamonius and judgemental. Have the keep to urself attitude and are always in a defensive position. Not ppl u can rely on jn panthic matters like grooming etc. But at least the parents are doing their duty and raising kids who can speak panjabi and are dharmi (moral)

26 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Its hard to predict. 

On one hand, sharam is the basis for dharam. And sharam is completely absent in the western liberal mindset. 

On the other hand, if sikhi is to become global and to have an impact, we need to get with the times. 

Western sikhs have more of an impact and reach. Like bhai jagraj singh and 3H0 and sikh awareness society. They can provide solutions to modern problems like depression/ill health (yoga) and grooming (awareness) and relate to younger audiences.

While the old sharam dharam ppl are barey surviving, can barely keep their families on the right path and are sanctamonius and judgemental. Have the keep to urself attitude and are always in a defensive position. Not ppl u can rely on jn panthic matters like grooming etc. But at least the parents are doing their duty and raising kids who can speak panjabi and are dharmi (moral)

In regards to western/liberal and going back.

There are three types of groups, the kind which don’t like much about about their parents, who most likely didn’t teach them much sikhi, but more about punjabi culture the whole what will loki think living for society, those kids are like pardeep where  they rebel and go too far... or until the black or pakistani guy spits them out and then they come back.

The others are western they party at uni, drink at weddings, girls are into fashion and Instagram but still their parents do paths when it’s a good or bad occasion , they know what seva is and have done it on occasions or their parents have and they see this..... they know they are sikh but they have a will think about sikhi later when I’m older mentality- I personally believe they do eventually come into it. Normally more so through the seva or spiritual side

Then you have the total coconuts where the parents themselves have brainwashed them into thinking they are atheist or religion is over the top or we only need to be good people to go to the right place. They tend to stay like that. But tbh honest that’s their loss.

Either way- everything is in hukam. 

44 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Its hard to predict. 

Yeah i agree you need sharam in the traditional sense to have an interest in dharam. Like i was raised with those traditional values, and when i did go slightly of track in my early 20s, i still knew about those boundaries and values, even though i was not following them. Like Bhai Jagraj Singh he had a traditional upbringing, went of the rails but came back. I really don't see that as westernized  just typical Punjabi lads really   just like how they are back home, messing around but still have a understanding of what sharam and boundaries that you don't cross.

Now on the other hand you have parents who are really westernized, by westernized i mean coconuts, gora-fyed, they then raise their kids in the same way, they have no understanding of sharam or boundaries. As kids we used to go around my cousins house for their birthday parties, and they used to have relatives around their house from the other side of the family and these people mums, dads, daughters, sons all used to get drunk together and be walking into the walls by the end of the party! These people have very little chance of getting into sikhi! if these lot do get into Sikhi then it probably will be like the 3HO type

The first lot i described, who had a traditional upbringing and may start drinking, still have a more chance of getting into Sikhi then the second lot i described. In fact most younger people that been getting into sikhi in the last 10 years or so have been people whose parents are from india and they had a traditional upbringing. Those traditional values really need to be there, so even if you go of the rails later in life you still know what sharam is.

As for spreading Sikhi, tbh if you look at other faiths then depending on which part of the world it is they all have interpreted the faith according to their culture. Like look at Christianity and how diverse it is depending on which part of the world it is in. I have a white Christian friend and a Black Christian friend and they could not be anymore different in practice!  Even Islam, in south asia Islam is heavily influenced by Sufi culture, as much as they are trying to change it it still is heavily influenced by Sufi culture. Same will happen with Sikhi too, depending where in the world it is spreading the local cultures will influence it ...

46 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

It seems satan keeps whispering in my heart nowadays more often lol. This has happened more since I started chatting with this vedic atheist guy and uhmm reading on certain indigenous sanatan philosophies 

It happens. It proves you're brain is functioning. I wish that people's loyalty was rewarded by "proof." It makes so much difference, and makes the tough times and a confused and chattering humanity easier to bear.

1 hour ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

girls eloping with boyfriends ,often non-sikhs , seem to be not uncommon in sikhs 

The daughter of local granthi singh , who himself seems quite a pious and gursikh man, had some affair with her non-sikh bf . It caused quite a gossip in local sikh circle . Poor father had to bear the bezti , so he's marrying off her to some sikh guy in punjab. 

There was another family , 2 daughters, one of them would rarely leave house, was a "homely" girl , quiet and reserved , even did masters in commerce, but apparently ran away with a christian boyfriend . Her family digged her back from that relationship and married her off to some sikh guy in UK and themselves left mumbai. Our immediate neighbors, both daughters, ran away with musleh . 

This seems to be not an uncommon theme in sikh families . I won't say its common, but its not that rare either. 

Do our daughters see bad models of sikh men in their fathers ? we need to introspect 

This is exactly one of the reasons why I decided that I will never marry a Sikh woman. Even my parents have accepted my decision despite we all are amritdhari. I think deep down in their hearts they also realise that the current situation of sikh women is pretty much messed up.

I feel sorry for those sikh men who went for arranged marriages thinking that they are marrying a "gursikh" woman from a gursikh family, little they realise that their so called "gursikh" wife has been used by hindu, sullay and Christians and she is only marrying them for money/property or to please her family.

Dear Sikh men, its a humble request, always RESEARCH before saying yes to an arranged marriage to a Kaur. No matter how much parents are gursikh and pious, there are kaurs that are tramps and have done a phd degree in deceiving parents. You want a wife who has high moral values and character, trust me there are countless hindu/muslim women that fit this criteria. 

1 minute ago, Kau89r8 said:

Well there you go lol  Her family should of accepted her boyfriend and let her date him, or should of put their foot down and told her to pack her bags. Now its all coming out ...    they were not honest to their own community, i saw a video of the KTV lot and Singhs looking for her everywhere, Singhs doing Chaupai Sahib paat for her! etc

I wonder if the black lives matter lot will make this into a headline lol  

5 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Well there you go lol  Her family should of accepted her boyfriend and let her date him, or should of put their foot down and told her to pack her bags. Now its all coming out ...    they were not honest to their own community, i saw a video of the KTV lot and Singhs looking for her everywhere, Singhs doing Chaupai Sahib paat for her! etc

I wonder if the black lives matter lot will make this into a headline lol  

Her mum was on the radio appealing to all pray and hows she's good girl never done drugs alcohol etc...and does her paath and been feeling depressed of the lockdown etc and many elders was doing ardaas for her. Her sister were like she very close to her tell her everything etc

Obvs know how hard its for parents to accept her bf, and is understandable they'd do anything to protect her daughter but they cant get away with this in this age..shes also grown adult..

Really sad situation...but its become so viral..