Missing Sikh women in East London - keep eyes open

13 hours ago, Redoptics said:

F.u.c.k a black baby look after your own before others, because how much they want to pretend they are Sikhi they are not, again sorry if I offend, you lot need it, like all the malcom x's , 2pacs give a cuff about u

Calm down, Singh. This isn't an anti-black or anti-anyone else issue. It's something that we as community need to tackle. Outsiders are always going to resort to opportunism when issues like these are rampant amongst our own. That's tribalism for you.

11 hours ago, TuhadaDaas said:

I'm not trying to be rude but most of you guys on here talking about "women these days" sound like incels.

I don't know why some people are so obsessed with what women are doing, go out there be the alpha male and any girl will like you. It's very simple Singhs need to man up. Most Singhs want a pretty and feminine girl so similarly girls like confident manly men, alot of Singhs are not up to scratch its simple as that. 

There is alot of incel like <banned word filter activated> shaming going on - you can not hope to know what someone is like from a Facebook post or photo, hell even the people you see up close like those in school, you don't know the full story.

What makes me laugh is how quickly people think they can sum up the complexities of someone else's life. On top of that you guys aren't even happy when a girl moves on and criticisize when they do finally settle down as covering up or whatever - it's called growing up and developing as a person, quite a normal thing.

Maybe if we the kaum wasn't full up of people who have nothing better to do than discuss other people's supposed love lives on the internet and actually understood normal human behaviour of making mistakes, being immature and developing, we actually wouldn't have people looking elsewhere.

Finally, there never was this "ideal respectable woman", not in any era. Hanky panky has been going on since the beginning of time, read charitrpakhiyan.

My thoughts exactly.

Its clear pardeep is lost, but the amount of stories some people have mentioned in this thread, eg my neighbours daughter did this, my friends brother did this?!!.... I don’t know whether to laugh or feel sorry for the posters... it reminds me of an old woman gossiping drinking tea who’s got nothing better to do- but instead it’s young singhs saying this. As if they have just climbed out from a rock and don’t realise this stuffs always been going on. It happens - even in India. 

Its one thing to talk about sikh issues and how to resolve them, but it’s like they have forgotten or chosen to ignore the part where we aren’t meant to judge/gossip... and online behind a screen is no different to in person. Waheguru still sees everything and knows what you are thinking too.

1 hour ago, Harditsingh said:

nothing wrong with marrying a black girl i think personally aslong as shes down with sikhi. if u put ur sikhi first  before your punjabiat it should be no problem.  most materials are now found in english so kids not knowing punjabi is not really excuse ofcourse to read GGS DG ETC u need to learn punjabi but that can be done in schooling 

You can have kids with who you want to  have kids with.  where are these invisible rules of what is allowed to do and what your not allowed to do! 

People are muddling punjabi issues with sikh issues, this female going missing really wasnt a sikh issue and nothing to do with sikhs! , is she even sikh! No shes punjabi! Why are these issues being dragged into sikh problems is beyond my understanding. 

That's why people like her and the rest whatever they do dating, fcking, breaking up, has got nothing to do with us!! They can do whatever they like! They are just your average punjabis, why link it to sikhs! 

Dragging their issues into sikh problems is dragging extra baggage around that has got nothing to do with us!

I also despise the word "apne" that's disgusting.  I'v never used that word, I just refer to them as punjabi. Someone is not my "apna" just coz we come from the same part of the world!  The word apna is as horrible as the word desi!

My apna are my sangat, people in rehit following maryada  people who I look up to!

The rest of them are just whatever they are, they are not bound by any maryada or religious discipline and are free to do whatever they want. Need to stop dragging them around with us!  Draw a clear line. 

20 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Its hard to predict. 

On one hand, sharam is the basis for dharam. And sharam is completely absent in the western liberal mindset. 

On the other hand, if sikhi is to become global and to have an impact, we need to get with the times. 

Western sikhs have more of an impact and reach. Like bhai jagraj singh and 3H0 and sikh awareness society. They can provide solutions to modern problems like depression/ill health (yoga) and grooming (awareness) and relate to younger audiences.

While the old sharam dharam ppl are barey surviving, can barely keep their families on the right path and are sanctamonius and judgemental. Have the keep to urself attitude and are always in a defensive position. Not ppl u can rely on jn panthic matters like grooming etc. But at least the parents are doing their duty and raising kids who can speak panjabi and are dharmi (moral)

sorry I disagree with your analysis that bhai Jagraj singh or the 3HO ever did anything to counter ill health or grooming (yes Veer ji did mention it on a couple of videos but it was to bemoan the state of affairs in the panth , no solutions) . 3HO are a joke , they make videos that add to the moral confusion not lessen it ... (see Guruka Singhs socalled advice vids)

if you have values and you try to keep them -you a re judged to be judgemental ? no ish that's called bibek budhi using your discernment from a Gurmat perspective , there is zero wrong in it . Its the loosey goosey amoral types who labels those people as 'santicmonious/judgemental'  and the accused never answer back to keep things calm (not because they agree the accusers have a point).