alcohol in ayurveda

4 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

some nihangs drink alcohol even today and there r some old British sources which says that Singhs drank liquor back then too.

1809-- Asiatic Annual Register by E Samuel

A Sikh wanting to become a Singh, finds no difficulty in accomplishing his proselytism. He goes to the Akali, or priests of the sect, at Amritsar, who ask him if he wishes to become a convert to their persuasion, and if so, to produce proofs of his determination ; upon which the convert breaks with his own hands, the small thread, or cord, worn across the shoulders by most of the Hindoo sects, and after the performance of certain ceremonies, he is given to drink a sherbet made of sugar and water, from the hand of an Akali. After this initiation, he never shaves his beard, nor cuts his hair, and ought not, according to a rigorous observance of the doctrines, to pair his nails, but that is dispensed with, though contrary to the rules of the lawgiver. Now become a Singh, Ire is heterodox, and distinct from the Hindoos, by whom he is considered as an apostate. He is not restricted in his diet, but is allowed, by tlie tenets of his new religion, to devour whatever food his appetite may prompt, excepting beef. He is allowed also to drink every kind of liquor, such as the Singhs. The Sikhs are those, who (if originally Hindoos,) together with the peculiar tenets and observances prescribed to the sect by its founder, Nanak, retain firmly the institutions of their faith, in strict conformity to the doctrines of Brahma

Sikhs aren’t meant to drink alcohol. 

18 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

some nihangs drink alcohol even today and there r some old British sources which says that Singhs drank liquor back then too.

1809-- Asiatic Annual Register by E Samuel

A Sikh wanting to become a Singh, finds no difficulty in accomplishing his proselytism. He goes to the Akali, or priests of the sect, at Amritsar, who ask him if he wishes to become a convert to their persuasion, and if so, to produce proofs of his determination ; upon which the convert breaks with his own hands, the small thread, or cord, worn across the shoulders by most of the Hindoo sects, and after the performance of certain ceremonies, he is given to drink a sherbet made of sugar and water, from the hand of an Akali. After this initiation, he never shaves his beard, nor cuts his hair, and ought not, according to a rigorous observance of the doctrines, to pair his nails, but that is dispensed with, though contrary to the rules of the lawgiver. Now become a Singh, Ire is heterodox, and distinct from the Hindoos, by whom he is considered as an apostate. He is not restricted in his diet, but is allowed, by tlie tenets of his new religion, to devour whatever food his appetite may prompt, excepting beef. He is allowed also to drink every kind of liquor, such as the Singhs. The Sikhs are those, who (if originally Hindoos,) together with the peculiar tenets and observances prescribed to the sect by its founder, Nanak, retain firmly the institutions of their faith, in strict conformity to the doctrines of Brahma

why are you trusting the writings of an English 'observer'  , did not Ernest Trump do beadbhi of gurbani by smoking cigars whilst reading  Guru ji? Did not the EIC destroy historical texts, learning materials , murdered Akalis  and state that sikhi would be finished by them within Punjab . We all know that Chevvin Patshah gave hukamnama of staying away from Bhang, Macchi etc i.e. all intoxicants ... is his rehit not applicable at that point in time on top of restrictions given by Dasmesh Pita ji?

19 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

A russian doctor who was teaching us biology said yes theres a lot of studeies saying alcohol in moderation is healthy. But he says if u can ever avoid starting alochol its best.

I think the moderation key is for alcoholics. For example, imagine the study is done in France. Where lets say everyone drinks alcohol. They find out ppl who drink only 1 glass ornless are the healthiest. So they start saying alcohol in moderarion is very good.

But what if, its the least amount of alcohol thats good. So i think the studies are trying to day drink in moderation. Not to start drinking. 

But this is all assumption. I would need to look at the study methods. 

Plus i have only heard red wine is good. And that because it uses red grapes and so has antioxodanta. Which u can get from the grapes itself. Otherwise alochol is a posion our liver has to detoxify. And thats why most ppl get hangovers from excreting the waste, which wastes water.

doesn't matter if you drink a little or a lot it is a poison and crosses the blood brain barrier and kills and damages brain cells .
Guru Amar Das ji speaks badly of those who drink , we know also that the child of a women who drinks also is poisoned and can suffer from Fetal Alcohol syndrome which can result in mental retardation, learning difficulties , physical changes in the child . No amount of alcohol is safe .

How many people are there that can actually control their alcohol intake? Very very few. 

I remember going to kabbadi matches with my dad as a kid in west london and the audience would be prancing around like monkeys after a few drinks. I remember this one guy laying flat on the ground and then he started rolling across the park like a log. 

This stuff should be kept away as much as possible. 

If you think about it a lot us have seen some stuff that kids shouldn't even see because of alcohol!  Yet we became to desentitised to it!

When I was in primary school my white friend came around our house and my dad started drinking alcohol in front of us and started getting tipsy! The boy even asked me why my dad is drinking. 

This is some really fcked up stuff. 

On 7/3/2020 at 6:36 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Mmm I've read studies like that for a while, as someone who served bar for many years, I can tell you it's a load of <banned word filter activated> written by alcoholic doctors. 

as my friends in the health field say everyone loves to hear good news about their bad habits , remember the doctors recommending ciggies in early advertisment campaigns...

Just now, puzzled said:

The women in my family are sick and tired of this, it's sad, they did everything they could but even some of there own sons have started drinking like their fathers. When is this going to end? 

when we make it known that alcohol feminizes men , maybe then the macho will take over and they will stop... either thet or the missus kicks their failed macho asses out of the marital bed .

19 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

A russian doctor who was teaching us biology said yes theres a lot of studeies saying alcohol in moderation is healthy. But he says if u can ever avoid starting alochol its best.

I think the moderation key is for alcoholics. For example, imagine the study is done in France. Where lets say everyone drinks alcohol. They find out ppl who drink only 1 glass ornless are the healthiest. So they start saying alcohol in moderarion is very good.

But what if, its the least amount of alcohol thats good. So i think the studies are trying to day drink in moderation. Not to start drinking. 

But this is all assumption. I would need to look at the study methods. 

Plus i have only heard red wine is good. And that because it uses red grapes and so has antioxodanta. Which u can get from the grapes itself. Otherwise alochol is a posion our liver has to detoxify. And thats why most ppl get hangovers from excreting the waste, which wastes water.

yep that french wine makers sponsored study has been debunked , it is much healthier to have the original grapes or juice than the wine because the polyphenols supplied are diminished by the alcohol action in the body.