alcohol in ayurveda

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

What does the government get out of alcohol sales? How does it work? Because the government make a lot out of tobacco dont they? 

Is it the same for alcohol? 

they get import duties, taxes such as vat on each level of sale and probably vat on meds, operations , tests done on private patients and of course death duties.

5 hours ago, puzzled said:

A lot of women do lack the supposed "motherly" "compassionate" feelings that you are told they all possess. 

See as a kid you have certain memories and interactions that you don't forget. I remember a long time ago I was under 10 years old and I was off sick from school so my mum took me Gurdwara. We were sitting at the back and we saw this really old Bibi, she was blind and deaf in one ear, walking all over the place, chunni on the floor, we didn't know this until she told us. My mum asked her where her children are and she said her own daughter comes around her house and bullies her demanding her pension money and asks her to sign the house over. It was so sad. 20 or so years on I have forgotten it. 

Similar thing happened to my dads chacha in india, his daughter got him to Canada on a Visa and then started demanding him to sign the land/field papers over to her! He said she made him live in the basements and would send him to the gurdwara for roti. He left and came back to india. Recently she rang him and said shes coming over to india and he told her fck off. Rightly so!

My point is, at the end of the day these women are just doing what humans do! The dark side of human nature kicks in and it doesnt care if your a man or a woman! 

But in our culture we grow up watching fantasy bollywood movies where women are the innocent suffering , compassionate ones, devoted daughters and mothers.  And you start believing these fantasy depictions and relationships in these movies as kids. It's only when you're older and start living in the real world you realize what people, men and women, can actually be like. 

biologically females have been hardwired and chemically been built to get feelgoods or chemicals compensation for caring for people, however if they grow up in an indifferent or emotionally/physucally abusive home that natural setup gets messed up.  Then as they are growing they do sangat of gorey peers who disrespect and have no love for their folks so then they learn to hate their folks and see them as a meal ticket or ATM only.

You have to have a loving mum to be a loving parent yourself no matter what sex . If the father is caring , protective and fairminded the girls will grow up straight as an arrow and have zero self-esteem issues  because they have respect in their folks eyes.

7 hours ago, puzzled said:

Yup I'm aware of some women trying to get in between their husbands and his parents relationship. Interestingly these same women end up getting dumped by their sons once the sons are married.

Maybe the older generation

but for the younger gen, I don’t think it’s that women ‘try’ to get inbetween, it’s just some women have the expectation that they are marrying only the man, not the whole clan who seem to think they can have their own demands and expectations off the wife eg making all the food. After all, the mother isn’t standing there with the couple doing their laavan. The woman doesnt hold on to the mother inlaws pula either.

12 minutes ago, learningkaur said:

Maybe the older generation

but for the younger gen, I don’t think it’s that women ‘try’ to get inbetween, it’s just some women have the expectation that they are marrying only the man, not the whole clan who seem to think they can have their own demands and expectations off the wife eg making all the food. After all, the mother isn’t standing there with the couple doing their laavan. The woman doesnt hold on to the mother inlaws pula either.

It does happen, a lot of men, not all, but a lot of men find themselves in a situation where they are made to choose between the wife or parents. Some women do put their husbands in that situation while they themselves retain their relationship with their own parents. One recent horrible case was to do with my cousin brother in Canada, my old puas son, he was married to a White woman. My pua is a widow and very old and very ill, she has hospital machines at home wires attached to her and everything, and his wife actually made him choose between herself and his mother! He chose his mother and divorced the lady. It is sad when women put men in that position, it happens all too often. Another cousin of mine in the UK, his wife made him choose between herself and his parents and luckily he chose his parents, he's now married to a female from India and its all perfect, their happy and have a child, finally one successful marriage in my family lol! 

Can't think of a worst situation for myself other ending up marrying someone who makes me choose. 

In-laws are quite irrelevant, i think very few people would find their in-laws relevant in today's time in the west, the least your partner can do is let you visit and still retain a relationship with your parents. And perhaps a whole family gathering once or twice a year lol. 

But then again there still are many western born married couples that still live traditionally and with their in-laws and its working out for them. We have this one family friend through my mother and the ladies son and daughter in-law were living with her and it reached a point where the lady actually wanted the house to herself and she was actually asking her son and daughter in-law to move out politely, but they were refusing and said they really like living with her, but she was like they really need to buy their own house lol   so they now live in a house couple of houses down from hers. 

My sister herself says she rather live with her in-laws and keep it traditional, in these cases the mother in-laws should get their acts together and treat their daughter in-laws like actual daughters.They should be thankful that there still are some women that are willing to live with their in-laws. 

This is the thing, before man and woman marry they really need to figure out what it is that they actually want. Seen so many cases of where one has a traditional idea of marriage while the other doesn't and they still decide to marry and it all goes pear shaped. Its important you marry someone who shares the same ideas, views, values etc   none of this is important when your dating, but it definitely is important once you are married. 

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

they get import duties, taxes such as vat on each level of sale and probably vat on meds, operations , tests done on private patients and of course death duties.

yeah they must get a lot £££ from it   just like the whole pharmaceutical industries.

Doesn't America get heroin exported from Afghanistan? they blew the whole country up yet left the poppy fields standing! lol 

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

If the father is caring , protective and fairminded the girls will grow up straight as an arrow and have zero self-esteem issues  because they have respect in their folks eyes.

I've seem umpteen girls growing up like this go full on 'slapper mode' when they go uni. I think it is more complicated than that. 

25 minutes ago, puzzled said:

In-laws are quite irrelevant, i think very few people would find their in-laws relevant in today's time in the west, the least your partner can do is let you visit and still retain a relationship with your parents. And perhaps a whole family gathering once or twice a year lol. 

I don't think many would disagree with that, and I think what you are suggesting is a good idea. If a bloke's missus just can't get on with his family, then he maybe he should stop taking her to them and just visit on his own or with the kids.

I think that cultural pressure of keeping up appearances impacts on that though, and the bloke would probably feel a way about not being at family gatherings with his missus. And you know how many of our lot would gossip.   

26 minutes ago, puzzled said:

yeah they must get a lot £££ from it   just like the whole pharmaceutical industries.

Doesn't America get heroin exported from Afghanistan? they blew the whole country up yet left the poppy fields standing! lol 

I think higher ups in the US army and politicians are involved in exporting heroin from there.  

50 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I've seem umpteen girls growing up like this go full on 'slapper mode' when they go uni. I think it is more complicated than that. 

Or maybe it's just that age, where your young and h0rny and just don't care.

Some females manage to restrain, while others spend the whole 3 years at university with their knickers around their ankles. Same with the guys some just can't  keep it in their trousers while others can. 

In these situations your upbringing is irrelevant, it's all comes down to what feels right.