alcohol in ayurveda

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

They key word here is ਮਮਤਾ

It's also important to realise that not all women have these instincts.

A lot of women do lack the supposed "motherly" "compassionate" feelings that you are told they all possess. 

See as a kid you have certain memories and interactions that you don't forget. I remember a long time ago I was under 10 years old and I was off sick from school so my mum took me Gurdwara. We were sitting at the back and we saw this really old Bibi, she was blind and deaf in one ear, walking all over the place, chunni on the floor, we didn't know this until she told us. My mum asked her where her children are and she said her own daughter comes around her house and bullies her demanding her pension money and asks her to sign the house over. It was so sad. 20 or so years on I have forgotten it. 

Similar thing happened to my dads chacha in india, his daughter got him to Canada on a Visa and then started demanding him to sign the land/field papers over to her! He said she made him live in the basements and would send him to the gurdwara for roti. He left and came back to india. Recently she rang him and said shes coming over to india and he told her fck off. Rightly so!

My point is, at the end of the day these women are just doing what humans do! The dark side of human nature kicks in and it doesnt care if your a man or a woman! 

But in our culture we grow up watching fantasy bollywood movies where women are the innocent suffering , compassionate ones, devoted daughters and mothers.  And you start believing these fantasy depictions and relationships in these movies as kids. It's only when you're older and start living in the real world you realize what people, men and women, can actually be like. 

Families/relatives in themselves are a just a ritual these days . Like the cousin you havnt seen or spoken to for years and then randomly on you're wedding his rubbing maiyan batna on you're arms. That's not a brotherly relationship it's a ritual. 

My cousin got married a few years back , and the sisters traditionaly hold the injri when he is going to his anand karaj, my cousin had to ask my mum who one of the sisters was holding the injri! Once again that's not a relationship it's a ritual. 

25 minutes ago, puzzled said:

But in our culture we grow up watching fantasy bollywood movies where women are the innocent suffering , compassionate ones, devoted daughters and mothers.  And you start believing these fantasy depictions and relationships in these movies as kids. It's only when you're older and start living in the real world your realize what people, men and women, can actually be like. 

Well our real culture is from Sikh writings, and if we read CP, it does all it can to make you dismiss the fairytale representations and grounds us in gritty reality. Breaking down the misrepresentations with a healthy dose of reality is the only cure. Otherwise we are just conditioning ourselves with false expectations - that crumble when reality is met. 

It's usually closeted/sheltered or unrealistically idealistic people who expect others to behave in some idealised fashion. Any sort of time spent with people without your blinkers on will tell you that that things are infinitely more complex and even darker than that. Human nature isn't simple - and females will openly admit that female psyches are 'complicated'.  

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

and females will openly admit that female psyches are 'complicated'

At first they are all defensive and once you get to know them they really do open up about other women as well Lol

Once they let the defensive wall down, i'v had women tell me that women cause more arguments and breakups in families than men do! 

Thing is women really don't get on with each other   not sure why.

I had a divorced pakistani female at work tell me that it's really important that men know how to cook and do basic stuff like that, because women have weird ways of controlling men and they don't make it obvious. That was her! Not me who said it.   She was one of those westernized British Pakistani women. I had a bit of crush on her lol   anyway  she told me shes trying to get her teenage son to cook and do basic things like that. 

My black female friend also tells me the same thing, she said women have ways of controlling men but they don't make it obvious, but create the impression the man is really in charge. 

Not bashing anyone but men and women both can do Wrong. 

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

At first they are all defensive and once you get to know them they really do open up about other women as well Lol

Once they let the defensive wall down, i'v had women tell me that women cause more arguments and breakups in families than men do! 

Thing is women really don't get on with each other   not sure why.

I had a divorced pakistani female at work tell me that it's really important that men know how to cook and do basic stuff like that, because women have weird ways of controlling men and they don't make it obvious. That was her! Not me who said it.   She was one of those westernized British Pakistani women. I had a bit of crush on her lol   anyway  she told me shes trying to get her teenage son to cook and do basic things like that. 

My black female friend also tells me the same thing, she said women have ways of controlling men but they don't make it obvious, but create the impression the man is really in charge. 

Not bashing anyone but men and women both can do Wrong. 

The reason why women cause arguments is because they prioritise emotion.

It is part of a woman's firmware to have highs and lows of emotion. It is better for women to have a bad emotion than being bored. 

Why do you think women love drama shows on TV and gossip, because they get off on the indignation. 

23 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The reason why women cause arguments is because they prioritise emotion.

It is part of a woman's firmware to have highs and lows of emotion. It is better for women to have a bad emotion than being bored. 

Why do you think women love drama shows on TV and gossip, because they get off on the indignation. 

Those dramas are half an hour of females disputing among each other and plotting against each other! And punjabi ladies watch hours of it!  

30 minutes ago, puzzled said:

What does the government get out of alcohol sales? How does it work? Because the government make a lot out of tobacco dont they? 

Is it the same for alcohol? 

There must be tax revenue earned from it.

Why do you think there is a push to legalise marijuana?