How did you know it was time ?

Guest SewakAkaalDa

Guest SewakAkaalDa

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh.

I am a 27 year old man living in India. I've born into a Hindu family, and have had a fondness of the Sikh religion in my initial days. Long story short, my fondness turned into devotion. A Singh suggested me to meditate on the Naam and read Japji Sahib when I wasn't doing a lot good in life mentally. Currently, I've been on it, and trying to live a life as much as per the Hukam of Dasam Pita. But I have a question, to all the Amritdhari Singh's, that how did they know it was time to get baptized ? And how is life going to be different for me if I get baptized.

Bhul chuk maaf karnee.

Akaal ??

Guest Singh
On 7/4/2020 at 9:54 AM, Guest SewakAkaalDa said:

But I have a question, to all the Amritdhari Singh's, that how did they know it was time to get baptized ? And how is life going to be different for me if I get baptized.

Taking amrit from panj pyare is a requirement for entry to sach-khand. 

Amrit is a time when you will formally give your head to the Guru (give up your ego and adopt the Guru's way of life). It's for you to decide when you are ready. You need to first make a routine of amrit vela, learn the 7 baanis by heart and read them every day, observe the 5ks in your life and stay away from the 4 bujar kahret. Then you are ready to receive amrit.

If you are born into a family which is baptised you will probably have naturally taking amrit when you became old enough (maybe teenage years). Otherwise people get into Sikhi and decide to take it when they feel ready to do so.

In terms of the different taking amrit, I would say this is the first big step in meeting God. You then have to put the effort in with doing simran and abhiyaas (practice) of gur-shabad to progress.

On 7/4/2020 at 1:54 AM, Guest SewakAkaalDa said:

I am a 27 year old man living in India. I've born into a Hindu family, and have had a fondness of the Sikh religion in my initial days. Long story short, my fondness turned into devotion. A Singh suggested me to meditate on the Naam and read Japji Sahib when I wasn't doing a lot good in life mentally. Currently, I've been on it, and trying to live a life as much as per the Hukam of Dasam Pita. But I have a question, to all the Amritdhari Singh's, that how did they know it was time to get baptized ? And how is life going to be different for me if I get baptized.

Bhul chuk maaf karnee.

Akaal ??

Take a hukamnama. Ask Guruji what is the next step for you.

Guest daas guest singh
On 7/4/2020 at 2:24 PM, Guest SewakAkaalDa said:

Bhul chuk maaf karnee.

Akaal ??

Waaheguru ji ka Khalsa Waaheguru ji ki Fateh

Singh ji i too like you was born into a hindu family (like some ppl on this forum know) and yeah i dhire dhire started going towards sikhi and just like you i had this attraction this chaah towars Sikhi since i was small,i finally cconverted although im not an adult yet,so yeah i ahve had and continue to have many hurdles in my path and that also the reason im not amritdhari yet,i wish i could run away from Indiaand go to someplace to practice my sikhi freely,lol.but anyway firstly there is no right time for amrit,when you are fully convinced that yeah,im gonna recieve amrit and give my head to the guru and i aint turning back now and i have pakka,dhrid nishchay,that is the best time to take amrit.and also youll start to get urges to take amrit it is like your body is saying i wanna get blessed with amrit just right now this instant,ive been having those since many days now,but alas i cant take amrit as of now,bcos of my family and societym but i sure hope you good luck and may you get belssed with amrit and may i get blessed with amrit soon to.In the meantime stay connected with Naam Baani and Baana and start keeping your panj kakkar and rehit ,start wearing bana (i.e. chola,kamarksha,hazooria,dumala,dumale shastar,panj kakkar) and dastar

bhul chuk muaaf krni ji

Waaheguru ji ka Khalsa Waaheguru ji ki Fateh

Gurbar Akaal