Sikh school closing

puzzled

2th June

Slough Sikh school's bid to take over Stoke Poges neighbour

11473311?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen (2)

A bid to take over the failing Sikh run Khalsa Secondary Academy in Stoke Pages is being made by the governors and trustees of the 'outstanding' Khalsa Primary School in nearby Slough.

Devastated leaders of the trust that runs the Stoke Poges school at Hollybush Hill have been given 'notice to quit' by schools minister Baroness Elizabeth Berridge, after it was found to be 'inadequate' and put in special measures by Government Ofsted inspectors six months ago.

Khalsa Primary School in Wexham Road - also a Sikh school - was given an 'outstanding' rating after it received a similar inspection. Many of its pupils transfer to the Stoke Poges school, so the Government might well see it as a logical step that its own leaders should take over.

The chairman of the threatened trust at Khalsa Secondary Shaminder Kaur Ryatt has reacted angrily to Baroness Berridge's decision, asking her to give the trust a second chance by allowing Ofsted to visit again.

But today the trustees of Khalsa Primary revealed they had had 'initial conversations' with the Regional Schools Commissioner's office and intended to apply to take over at the Stoke Poges school.

They maintain that parents need have no fear of the Sikh ethos being lost as Khalsa Primary is also a Sikh faith school, following the values of the religion.

Their statement says: " One of our teachers has been recognised by the UK National Teachers’ Awards as a potential Teacher of the Year and our head has been shortlisted for Head Teacher of the Year.

"We are aware that the Sikh Ethos is important to the students of Khalsa Secondary Academy and their families. As an existing Sikh Faith School, the vision and values at Khalsa Primary School are based on the teachings of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Ji and a very important part of our curriculum that underpins all we do"

What's going on. The Secondary school isnt doing very well. 

The Khalsa primary school in Slough is doing really well, one of the best in the area and they are trying to take over the Secondary Sikh school in stokepoges.

So perhaps things will get back on track. 

We can't have a Sikh school shutting down! 

17 minutes ago, puzzled said:

What's going on. The Secondary school isnt doing very well. 

The Khalsa primary school in Slough is doing really well, one of the best in the area and they are trying to take over the Secondary Sikh school in stokepoges.

So perhaps things will get back on track. 

We can't have a Sikh school shutting down! 

my Daughter is at  Atam Academy School and the person who is CEO of Khalsa Academies trust Nick Sahota is doing gurdwara style politics with the schools in his care (pretty disgusting really) . This whole issue is about one man's greed as opposed the welfare of the school children . Basically Nishkam Sewa trust wanted to take the school over but this guy blocked it by misrepresenting to sangat and parents that this school is going to be a nonsikh school but the authorities are stressing that the ethos of school will remain untouched . He told so many fibs about the situation but it is clear that the kids will be better served by Nishkam trust

Didn't they fail in the one area that was a basic requirement, safeguarding children, of course they'll deny it and pull the "but we're Sikh and so are you so you should believe us and not ofsted" guilt trip, what's important is the education and safety of the children, if you're not providing that then it doesn't matter what kind of school you are, you've failed.

I've never understood the hate against Nishkam Trust, I've got plenty of friends who's children go to their schools and are really happy, they were put forward to take over a school in Coventry and there was loads of hate there as well, the idea that it is a non-Sikh trust is ridiculous, oh well, each to their own.

15 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

my Daughter is at  Atam Academy School and the person who is CEO of Khalsa Academies trust Nick Sahota is doing gurdwara style politics with the schools in his care (pretty disgusting really) . This whole issue is about one man's greed as opposed the welfare of the school children . Basically Nishkam Sewa trust wanted to take the school over but this guy blocked it by misrepresenting to sangat and parents that this school is going to be a nonsikh school but the authorities are stressing that the ethos of school will remain untouched . He told so many fibs about the situation but it is clear that the kids will be better served by Nishkam trust

It is Nick Kandola. 

24 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It is Nick Kandola. 

what ever he calls himself I've heard multiple versions of his name  which is one of the points brought up by parents during a meeting to discuss the pushing out of Mankamal Singh and his brother from the governor positions . It was pretty disgustimg how the trust and school invited us to have a meeting but he prefilled the hall with his gurdwara related cronies including a group of gym bods who had ZERO to do with kids at school at atam . 

He had blocked Nishkam intially to win the bid to take over Stoke Poges school by fearmongering and saying that a nonsikh trust was trying to take over . At that point in time the school had a good rating and needed a little work on safeguarding regarding special needs pupils but years down the line it was still  not dealt with despite authorities such as Ofsted telling them it should be a priority . Even safeguarding was highlighted at Atam but that has been dealt with now (guess he was scared of losing the shiny new school) . Stoke as far as I can see was used as a cash cow .

Now he is claiming that he being mistreated and that the Stoke school is in danger  of losing its sikhi , it's not he's just a liar.

PLEASE NOTE:
the ofsted inspection gave an outstanding rating to Atam Academy because of the hard work of Mankamal , his brother and the teaching staff it had zero to do with Nick or his cronies on the trust board , both trustee appointed were handselected by Nick to be yes persons . They made recommendations that the new governors had to be strong quality and able to speak up against the machinations of the board.

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

2th June

Slough Sikh school's bid to take over Stoke Poges neighbour

11473311?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen (2)

A bid to take over the failing Sikh run Khalsa Secondary Academy in Stoke Pages is being made by the governors and trustees of the 'outstanding' Khalsa Primary School in nearby Slough.

Devastated leaders of the trust that runs the Stoke Poges school at Hollybush Hill have been given 'notice to quit' by schools minister Baroness Elizabeth Berridge, after it was found to be 'inadequate' and put in special measures by Government Ofsted inspectors six months ago.

Khalsa Primary School in Wexham Road - also a Sikh school - was given an 'outstanding' rating after it received a similar inspection. Many of its pupils transfer to the Stoke Poges school, so the Government might well see it as a logical step that its own leaders should take over.

The chairman of the threatened trust at Khalsa Secondary Shaminder Kaur Ryatt has reacted angrily to Baroness Berridge's decision, asking her to give the trust a second chance by allowing Ofsted to visit again.

But today the trustees of Khalsa Primary revealed they had had 'initial conversations' with the Regional Schools Commissioner's office and intended to apply to take over at the Stoke Poges school.

They maintain that parents need have no fear of the Sikh ethos being lost as Khalsa Primary is also a Sikh faith school, following the values of the religion.

Their statement says: " One of our teachers has been recognised by the UK National Teachers’ Awards as a potential Teacher of the Year and our head has been shortlisted for Head Teacher of the Year.

"We are aware that the Sikh Ethos is important to the students of Khalsa Secondary Academy and their families. As an existing Sikh Faith School, the vision and values at Khalsa Primary School are based on the teachings of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Ji and a very important part of our curriculum that underpins all we do"

Puzzled, did you go to the school that current headteacher of Khalsa Primary  used to be headteacher for.

That school used to exist.

The headteacher's name is Raminder Vig and a lot of parents and students rated him.

41 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

what ever he calls himself I've heard multiple versions of his name  which is one of the points brought up by parents during a meeting to discuss the pushing out of Mankamal Singh and his brother from the governor positions . It was pretty disgustimg how the trust and school invited us to have a meeting but he prefilled the hall with his gurdwara related cronies including a group of gym bods who had ZERO to do with kids at school at atam . 

He had blocked Nishkam intially to win the bid to take over Stoke Poges school by fearmongering and saying that a nonsikh trust was trying to take over . At that point in time the school had a good rating and needed a little work on safeguarding regarding special needs pupils but years down the line it was still  not dealt with despite authorities such as Ofsted telling them it should be a priority . Even safeguarding was highlighted at Atam but that has been dealt with now (guess he was scared of losing the shiny new school) . Stoke as far as I can see was used as a cash cow .

Now he is claiming that he being mistreated and that the Stoke school is in danger  of losing its sikhi , it's not he's just a liar.

PLEASE NOTE:
the ofsted inspection gave an outstanding rating to Atam Academy because of the hard work of Mankamal , his brother and the teaching staff it had zero to do with Nick or his cronies on the trust board , both trustee appointed were handselected by Nick to be yes persons . They made recommendations that the new governors had to be strong quality and able to speak up against the machinations of the board.

Nick Kandola helped to set up Khalsa Aid with Ravi Singh back in 1999.

They had a falling out.

This guy seems to be bad news.

5 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Nick Kandola helped to set up Khalsa Aid with Ravi Singh back in 1999.

They had a falling out.

This guy seems to be bad news.

well my hubby applied for governor and had Mankamal's backing , he is now one of the new parent governors and we've been talking with Mankamal about the hidden history . My hubby is very determined that the kids do not get done over by the Nick and his cronies.

8 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Puzzled, did you go to the school that current headteacher of Khalsa Primary  used to be headteacher for.

That school used to exist.

The headteacher's name is Raminder Vig and a lot of parents and students rated him.

No i didnt the sikh primary school opened once i left my primary school and the secondary sikh school opened once i was out of my secondary school. So I wasnt able to go to any.