Sikh school closing

puzzled

7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

well my hubby applied for governor and had Mankamal's backing , he is now one of the new parent governors and we've been talking with Mankamal about the hidden history . My hubby is very determined that the kids do not get done over by the Nick and his cronies.

I have heard good things about Mankamal Singh and Atam.

Hopefully, the school can get back on track  and thrive and flourish.

1 minute ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I have heard good things about Mankamal Singh and Atam.

Hopefully, the school can get back on track  and thrive and flourish.

Khalsa school should go to Nishkam trust because they've done well with their schools and I believe deep down their motives are sound and their heart is pure .

11 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Khalsa school should go to Nishkam trust because they've done well with their schools and I believe deep down their motives are sound and their heart is pure .

Nishkam have been very successful school group and it is important that the school maintains it's Sikh ethos.

I'm guessing that most of the people who go to this school are from around the Slough area.

You have two types of schools in Slough - Grammar and regular Secondary schools.

To get into the Grammar schools you have to pass your 11 plus. Therefore the clever and academically minded students go to the Grammar schools and the others who fail go to these other secondary schools, none of which have a good reputation. My parents made me study very hard to make sure I made it into a grammar school!

This school is most likely full of kids who aren't academically minded and as a result will never have a good reputation. There were plenty of wasters in the Grammar schools, I can only imagine how much worse it is in the secondary schools.

3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

parents during a meeting to discuss the pushing out of Mankamal Singh and his brother from the governor positions .

The Khalsa Academies Trust (ACT) also have a school in Wolverhampton. It is called "The Khalsa Academy Wolverhampton" (TKAW).

When this school was originally set up as the British Sikh School (BSS), by a local partnership from Walsall, they asked for assistance from the Nick Kandola's academy trust.  WHICH WAS THE WORST MISTAKE THEY COULD EVER HAVE MADE.

Kandola's trust took the new BSS into their trust and then putting his people on the board of governors isolated the two partners who were most instrumental in setting up the school. The two were outvoted on everything, the original plan for the school was changed from a Sikh-centric platform to a money-making herd acheivements and results platform.

It went to the extent that the two partners who set up the school weren't even informed of meetings. Rumours about them being spread in the school. Being isolated. They couldn't do anything and found themselves resigning. Which handed over total control to the Khalsa Academy Trust - Nick Kandola.

Who was the main player behind these scenes at the school? Raminder Vig.

After Vig, Mrs Sangha was made head. She disappeared suddenly at the end of one of the terms with no explanation to the children/parents except for "she wishes to spend more time with her family."

Which points at something shady happening/happened, which the school has covered up.

The result was that the Sikh-centric platform was edged out slowly. First Sikhs studies went out, it was moved to an after school slot under the guise of enrichment. Then the days of enrichment went from 5 to 4, to 3 to 2, and now to 1. Sikh studies is not a part of it any more. Gatka and tabla etc are offered but now students have to pay when they were to be offered for free under the scholls original plan.

The school under the 2 partners wanted to teach Sikh philosophy, Sikh music, Sikh literature Sikh martial arts. They had a plan to elevate Sikhs to higher levels of management on a national and international level. But this has ALL gone out of the window under Kandola's group. They never wanted any of this. They just wanted the school itself.

Sadly the Khalsa Acadmeies Trust now have the school . They, masquerading as a Sikh school have turned promising young Sikhs into virtual athiests. There is nothing "Khalsa" - pure about the TKAW. And thats the sad part really. They are no different for Sikh children than any other state school.

The TKAW allowed bibles to be handed out to all its children, yet spent 1 hour on the anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji's birthday to talk about Guru Sahib and his teachings.

It was pretty disgustimg how the trust and school invited us to have a meeting but he prefilled the hall with his gurdwara related cronies including a group of gym bods who had ZERO to do with kids at school at atam . 

He is just making sure he has numbers on his side. Kandola's group has got away with it at wolverhampton. Don't let them get away with it again.

Now he is claiming that he being mistreated and that the Stoke school is in danger  of losing its sikhi , it's not he's just a liar.

If it's anything like Wolverhampton school there is no Sikhi there to begin with.

the ofsted inspection gave an outstanding rating to Atam Academy because of the hard work of Mankamal , his brother and the teaching staff it had zero to do with Nick or his cronies on the trust board , both trustee appointed were handselected by Nick to be yes persons

The principal at TKAW seems to be the of the same calibre. A yes person.

3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The headteacher's name is Raminder Vig and a lot of parents and students rated him.

The guy is not to be trusted beleive me. He is one of the main culprits in denying two people the just accreditation and reward for going through a laborious 3 year program in order to set up the school. He plays the part of a "cheeky chappy fun teacher." It's all an act.

In Wolverhampton the excitement and buzz of having our own school dampened after the first academic year and fizzled out completely in the second. Children going there for years and can't tell you basic things about Sikhi. The two people who set it up, this was the project of their lives, which they had dedicated their future to. To wrest control of it, and turn it into a money-making scheme was just an abominable act.

The churning out of athiestic young Sikhs goes on through this venture.

3 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

The Khalsa Academies Trust (ACT) also have a school in Wolverhampton. It is called "The Khalsa Academy Wolverhampton" (TKAW).

When this school was originally set up as the British Sikh School (BSS), by a local partnership from Walsall, they asked for assistance from the Nick Kandola's academy trust.  WHICH WAS THE WORST MISTAKE THEY COULD EVER HAVE MADE.

Kandola's trust took the new BSS into their trust and then putting his people on the board of governors isolated the two partners who were most instrumental in setting up the school. The two were outvoted on everything, the original plan for the school was changed from a Sikh-centric platform to a money-making herd acheivements and results platform.

It went to the extent that the two partners who set up the school weren't even informed of meetings. Rumours about them being spread in the school. Being isolated. They couldn't do anything and found themselves resigning. Which handed over total control to the Khalsa Academy Trust - Nick Kandola.

After Vig, Mrs Sangha was made head. She disappeared suddenly at the end of one of the terms with no explanation to the children/parents except for "she wishes to spend more time with her family."

Which points at something shady happening/happened, which the school has covered up.

The result was that the Sikh-centric platform was edged out slowly. First Sikhs studies went out, it was moved to an after school slot under the guise of enrichment. Then the days of enrichment went from 5 to 4, to 3 to 2, and now to 1. Sikh studies is not a part of it any more. Gatka and tabla etc are offered but now students have to pay when they were to be offered for free under the scholls original plan.

The school under the 2 partners wanted to teach Sikh philosophy, Sikh music, Sikh literature Sikh martial arts. They had a plan to elevate Sikhs to higher levels of management on a national and international level. But this has ALL gone out of the window under Kandola's group. They never wanted any of this. They just wanted the school itself.

Sadly the Khalsa Acadmeies Trust now have the school . They, masquerading as a Sikh school have turned promising young Sikhs into virtual athiests. There is nothing "Khalsa" - pure about the TKAW. And thats the sad part really. They are no different for Sikh children than any other state school.

The TKAW allowed bibles to be handed out to all its children, yet spent 1 hour on the anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji's birthday to talk about Guru Sahib and his teachings.

He is just making sure he has numbers on his side. Kandola's group has got away with it at wolverhampton. Don't let them get away with it again.

If it's anything like Wolverhampton school there is no Sikhi there to begin with.

The guy is not to be trusted beleive me. He is one of the main culprits in denying two people the just accreditation and reward for going through a laborious 3 year program in order to set up the school. He plays the part of a "cheeky chappy fun teacher." It's all an act.

In Wolverhampton the excitement and buzz of having our own school dampened after the first academic year and fizzled out completely in the second. Children going there for years and can't tell you basic things about Sikhi. The two people who set it up, this was the project of their lives, which they had dedicated their future to. To wrest control of it, and turn it into a money-making scheme was just an abominable act.

parents were talking about wresting control from the trust and going independent if Nick started going down the route of wolverhampton.

9 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Raminder Vig is the headteacher of Khalsa Primary School.

This school was also in trouble a few years ago and he helped to turn it around back into an outstanding school. 

What you might not know is that Khalsa Primary School was set up by Nick Kandola back in 2007.

He was booted out by the trustees and board of Governors. 

It was after this that he was looking to set up the secondary schools.

The story with these guys is a lot more complex than you think.

11 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Raminder Vig is the headteacher of Khalsa Primary School.

This school was also in trouble a few years ago and he helped to turn it around back into an outstanding school. 

I don't know about his credentials as a teacher but his part in the school management esp at British Sikh School was terrible. Cold and calculating.

11 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

What you might not know is that Khalsa Primary School was set up by Nick Kandola back in 2007.

He was booted out by the trustees and board of Governors. 

I just hope that the same happens sometime at Wolverhampton school, and it is taken on by people with the same vision as the 2 partners who set it up.

• 1 month later...

My son attends KPS, I've met Mr Vig a few times and agree he plays the part of cheeky chappy very well. I don't know about any of the history above but he's handled the disruption brought by CVD-19 very well. He conducted online assemblies every week and kept us updated on CVD-19 as well as the secondary school situation. I don't know him well enough to know if he's genuine, but he seems like a good guy to me. 

On 7/6/2020 at 4:51 PM, kcmidlands said:

I've never understood the hate against Nishkam Trust, I've got plenty of friends who's children go to their schools and are really happy, they were put forward to take over a school in Coventry and there was loads of hate there as well, the idea that it is a non-Sikh trust is ridiculous, oh well, each to their own.

It's not hate, people just disagree with their fanaticism for interfaith. In the new Niskham West London school they make sure that the kids who are a majority Sikh have to take part a Hindu, Muslim and Christian assembly during the week. There is probably just a handful of Muslim, Hindu and Christian kids in the scholl and yet the make the majority Sikh kids take part in these assemblies. Khalsa Primary School in Norwood Green does not do this and the have a daily divan in the Gurdwara Sahib.