Anand Karaj in 1900s

puzzled

9 hours ago, DoabeyWali said:

Also, what is happening with interfaith Anand Karajs at the moment? I am not up the date with the news. Are the Gurudwaras still allowing them, or are they completely banned now? 

Most of them in the UK dont, but there are a few that do interfaith anand karaj like 6am in the  morning or on week days so no one finds out. 

10 hours ago, learningkaur said:

Yes there are a lot of females now who wear really backless outfits and I literally cannot believe that many brides actually have their midriff on show now- a short top with a lehnga skirt. It baffles me how no one like their mother advises them it’s inappropriate for the Gurdwara. Something needs to be done to teach these people.

Yeah its not acceptable. I mean if guru nanak ji was actually sitting there in physical form would they still dress like that? I hope not! 

10 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

There's no hushed voices or even an attempt at some semblance of humility. They talk as loudly as if they're standing or sitting in any old communal setting

I see that every sunday when people have akhand paats, people book akhand paat but then don't sit down and listen, then what's the point?  The men sit along the perimeter with legs stretched, chatting away and the women do the same on the other side of the hall. Funny thing is when their kids run around screaming they be like "Symran, darling, shhh people are praying"  and then they turn around and start chatting.

The only people paying attention are normally the outsiders not the actual family that booked the paat. 

14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I was invited to a Sukhmani Sahib paat at the Gurdwara a couple of years back for the first time in ages, and I was blown away by the total shambles of the sangat assembled. Full-blown conversations on both sides; people playing with phones and watching football highlights; kids running around like it was daycare, etc. I was disgusted. I got up to tell the stage secretary to make a polite announcement to inform the sangat to keep it down and have some respect, which he did, but that lasted for barely 5 minutes. Pathetic.

This was me at the end: 

??

There is a infantileness about our people. 

They seem to be into their extended adolesence even into their thirties and forties. 

This is the age to take on more responsibility and to show more maturity but they expect their parents in their 60's and 70's to do all the mature stuff.

Normally, there is a right of passage but it does not seem to be there.

8 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

They seem to be into their extended adolesence even into their thirties and forties. 

This is the age to take on more responsibility and to show more maturity but they expect their parents in their 60's and 70's to do all the mature stuff.

You know why this behaviour has been exacerbated in our people in the West? Relative financial success and subsequent status attainment has overridden all other equally important issues pertaining to the development of character, ethics, and behaviour standards. As long as a person is raking in the cash, nothing else seemingly matters. He could be an absolute cretin without any redeeming traits, but if he's onto a nice earner, nobody is on his case to become a better, whole personality. Nobody says, "No, that's wrong. You shouldn't be doing or saying things like that" when someone like that exhibits the worst traits of their personality.

Instead, I see, those who benefit directly from his graft (parents, wife) are at pains to downplay and excuse his behaviour with a laugh, because they're on the gravy train, and they don't want the ride to end. This then enables such people to continue as they are because they aren't challenged. These types of Punjabi males are essentially overgrown children. They're about as deep as a shallow puddle.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:46 AM, puzzled said:

Yeah its not acceptable. I mean if guru nanak ji was actually sitting there in physical form would they still dress like that? I hope not! 

point is all Guru Sahiban are there in that moment in darbar , it is that lack of insight that makes it easier for these foolish show-offs do beadbhi of that sacred space .

7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

point is all Guru Sahiban are there in that moment in darbar , it is that lack of insight that makes it easier for these foolish show-offs do beadbhi of that sacred space .

They call it a "book"  I'v had Punjabis call it a "book"  honestly none of these people care, its just a fancy ceremony for them where they show of their outfits. When the bride walks in that's seen as her "moment" her "big moment" when all eyes are on her.  They don't understand it in the slightest. I saw a video as the bride was walking into the diwan hall the groom stood up and started clapping for her, and the girls in the sangat were saying "awwww thats so cute, he stood up for her"      fck off. 

these idiots just defeat the whole purpose and 5 months later they filing for divorce. 

On 7/10/2020 at 11:04 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

they have been made that way by the iron vice like grip on adult roles by the bazurg . looking at forty year olds and saying halle niaana hai is totally bizarre especially given in our history kids were expected to be responsible , ready to protect their families in the absence of their fathers and male relatives , women were expected to know gurbani and teach to kids . The haumai of the elderly and the spoilt narcissism of the middle aged means the youth are also doomed to drag the standard even lower.

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

They call it a "book"  I'v had Punjabis call it a "book"  honestly none of these people care, its just a fancy ceremony for them where they show of their outfits. When the bride walks in that's seen as her "moment" her "big moment" when all eyes are on her.  They don't understand it in the slightest.

these idiots just defeat the whole purpose and 5 months later they filing for divorce. 

might as well do a bank transfer to the grooms household  without the wedding  , its all business transactions .

How about making the parents and the couple sign legal documents that state no money/goods  was demanded or transferred between parties and if they divorce within ten years then both families have to give daswand of all income for rest of life . Wonder how many would still want anand Karaj.