Jap hi Sahib read in english

Akalifauj

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=trLiOS0QEIo

With all the wrong 3ho do.  Putting out audio files of Gurbani recitations in english is a beautiful service.  It sounds like Guruka Singh is reading Jap ji Sahib here.  I don't fully agree with all the translations but this is a good start.

7 hours ago, Sikhi4Ever said:

Good effort for the beginners but full caution.

- Gurmukhi and Punjabi is important
- Protect our scripture language at all cost
- Guru sahib would have never started a new language for no reason

Gurmukhi is important because that's the language Guru Sahib used to give us Gurbani.  No one can translate Gurbani in a different language to fully grasp the Guru Sahib wrote in Gurmukhi as Gurbani.  Had Guru Sahib wrote Gurbani in the english language then it would be equal to the Gurbani written in Gurmukhi.

Protect/preserve Gurbani because meaning are lost once Gurbani is translated into a different language, especially when Gurbani is translated into english because Gurbani has more words that don't even exist in english.  The bible is not equal to Gurbani, however we can see a lot of the original message from the bible was lost when translating from Hebrew to English. The bible wasn't even written by jesus and still the translator couldn't capture the whole message.  We should take this as a huge warning sign NOT to rely 100% on english translation.  

I don't know exactly why Guru Sahib started a new language but I  could think of several reason showing the virtues in it.  

So why even recite in English?  Why translate into English or any other language?  If someone says so and so is given a special task by Guru Sahib to translate in English; they are full of air.  There is no substance or merit to the claim.  Why do I say this?  So people dont start following these guys like their personal Guru.  You laugh and mock how it cannot happen to you, but many fall victim to this duality.  They translate according to their intelligence and NOT as the Guru/brahmgyani/sant.  So why english?  Because its needed for those who listen to Gurbani but can't understand what Guru Sahib is saying.  The mind has a deep desire to understand Gurbani so english translation can start to give the message of Gurbani.  The English translation will ignite a fire for the person to learn how to read and understand Gurbani.  It's for those who will come across Gurbani translations and start the quest on the path of Sikhi.  Sukhmani Sahib says, sing the lord's praise and get others to sing his praises as well.  So it's a good thing to translate Gurbani into english. 

Sometimes the english translation is 99% accurate to what is written in Gurbani.  This is my thought and don't take it as gospel.  

So read and ignite the fire to learn more in the school of Gurbani.  Only bow your mind before Guru Sahib.