Can you prove that God exists?

puzzled

Been thinking about this today, Can you actually prove the existence of God? Now it obviously depends what God you believe in ... For example if Hindus see Cows as a God or and incarnation of God then yes that Hindu can prove the existence of their God. But can you actually prove the existence of a God which is without form or shape? Once that does not physically talk to you?  Transcendent and beyond time.   You can't !     how can you actually prove something that is transcendent? 

God is something that you have faith in, a belief which is an emotion, and you can not prove an emotion!    how can you "prove" a belief? faith?

Now people have experiences of God or have visions, once again how are you actually supposed to prove a experience?  

You just can't ... 

15 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

I would personally say yes. Your own experiences of Anand and bliss of Naam will prove to you undoubtedly.  The Mahapurkhs have got to such a state in their Abhiyaas that they don't need to ask the question anymore. They know and are one with them. For example Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir and Baba Harnaam Singh ji Raamphur Khere Wale.

How many special events are associated with them? How many times have miraculous events occur? You can say that there is a small probability of chance etc. but miracle after miracle,  Kirpa after Kirpa stacks up and really the odds of it not being the Creator's are impossible. Just read their Sakhis, the great miracles that have happened in Sri Harimander Sahib, Shaheed Singhs, effect of Paath. It can't be by chance. 

But how can you prove that to someone else? Its your own experience 

15 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

The universe has a beginning,

The being that created it must beyond space time and matter otherwise you lead yourself into an infinite loop which reduces to absurdity.

How do we know it was created?   as humans we can not really prove what exited before "time" because we live within that "time" how can we prove something beyond time. We can never know what existed before the universe. 

Obviously i believe in Waheguru ji, but if had to prove his existence to someone, which I'm not going to, but if i had too,  then how am i actually supposed to do that?  can you do that? 

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

Been thinking about this today, Can you actually prove the existence of God?

Bro puzzled,

the question of the existence of God, is not an ordinary thing which anyone can do; like for example a guide at a touristic place.

This job of proving His existence, only Guru Jee can do, as seen in the Bani when it says: 

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ

Bin Sathigur Kinai N Paaeiou Bin Sathigur Kinai N Paaeiaa ||

Without the True Guru, no one has obtained the Lord; without the True Guru, no one has obtained the Lord.

Then too, to see Him, we need purity. Guru sahiban or Bhagat Jan, were totally  pure.  Thus they can see Him everywhere and in everyone.

But what about others like us?  Are we pure enough to see His Jot? 

So you see, seeing Him or having His darshan is no small thing, it requires purity, His kirpa and true love in us for Him.

16 hours ago, puzzled said:

Been thinking about this today, Can you actually prove the existence of God? Now it obviously depends what God you believe in ... For example if Hindus see Cows as a God or and incarnation of God then yes that Hindu can prove the existence of their God. But can you actually prove the existence of a God which is without form or shape? Once that does not physically talk to you?  Transcendent and beyond time.   You can't !     how can you actually prove something that is transcendent? 

God is something that you have faith in, a belief which is an emotion, and you can not prove an emotion!    how can you "prove" a belief? faith?

Now people have experiences of God or have visions, once again how are you actually supposed to prove a experience?  

You just can't ... 

Every time i used to ask my Bibi questions like this her go to answer was simple " We know there is wind, can you prove it exists", I used to say you can feel it when it blows, her answer was "Don't you fell Waheguru when you say his name". Those were simple answers that worked on a young child.

6 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Using that logic, you can't disprove leprechauns and fairies.

Why cant leprechauns and fairies be real?  bani mentions angels chitra and gupt, jamdoots and apsaras, so what's the difference?   Why cant leprechauns be real? 

Lol