Guilt over past mistakes

Guest repentantsikh

Guest repentantsikh

SSA to all.

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any guidance/advice. I am plagued with guilt, embarrassment, and shame because I cheated on my ex. It was a serious relationship, albeit long distance. We are broken up now, and this incident happened many months prior. I didn't tell him at the time because I wasn't emotionally involved in the situation, and I didn't want to hurt him. I knew I would never do it again.

Even though we're separate now, the remorse is plaguing me. I have revealed the truth to him, and apologized for the hurt I have caused. I know I don't "deserve" forgiveness, but I don't know how to move on with my life after having broken someone's trust like this. I find it hard to even live with myself. I know sikhi doesn't have the concept of 'sin' and 'repentance,' per se, but is there any way I can make up for this and be a good person?

WJKK WJKF!

On 7/14/2020 at 2:32 AM, Guest repentantsikh said:

SSA to all.

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any guidance/advice. I am plagued with guilt, embarrassment, and shame because I cheated on my ex. It was a serious relationship, albeit long distance. We are broken up now, and this incident happened many months prior. I didn't tell him at the time because I wasn't emotionally involved in the situation, and I didn't want to hurt him. I knew I would never do it again.

Even though we're separate now, the remorse is plaguing me. I have revealed the truth to him, and apologized for the hurt I have caused. I know I don't "deserve" forgiveness, but I don't know how to move on with my life after having broken someone's trust like this. I find it hard to even live with myself. I know sikhi doesn't have the concept of 'sin' and 'repentance,' per se, but is there any way I can make up for this and be a good person?

WJKK WJKF!

You need to face yourself and your mistakes, Learn your lesson and make sure you don’t make the same mistake again and move on with life. We pay back Karam as deserved, no one is beyond it, the Khel runs on this principle. 

Move on, work on yourself and do better, life is short and precious.

On 7/14/2020 at 2:32 AM, Guest repentantsikh said:

SSA to all.

WJKK WJKF!

It's hard for me to be impartial here, because I know only too well the affects betrayal and heart break can have on an individual. This kind of thing plagues your mind, long after the person who betrayed you is out of your life. I always say, that do anything in life you want, but never break someone's trust/heart/faith. This kind of betrayal can stay with you for a long time.

If you've told him the truth, and apologised properly, that's a good start. And if he's forgiven you, even better. Now your "journey of repentance" is more straightforward. And in time, with the Guru's grace, you will be OK...