Calling all women for advice

Guest 2020

Hi. I was wondering what you wear when you don’t remove body hair, do you stick to atleast cap sleeves? What if it’s really hot like next week is meant to be hot. What do you wear in the summer? I have seen a singhni wear cropped trousers but my legs have hair. I’ve never got close enough to see if she has and doesn’t care or if she just doesn’t.

What about holidays, if you went to somewhere extremely hot for a beach holiday. What would you wear? Do you go swimming? Also what do you wear at the gym?

I’ve only recently grown my hair and have a lot more than I’m use to.

Do you dress trendy still or just stick to only baggy clothes? 

Guest Keeratkaur03

I just typically don’t really care depending on where I’m going, if your not amritdhari maybe look into getting lazer hair treatments?

Guest Gloria Steinem

When I go swimming I just wear a normal swimming costume. If people have problems with my body hair, that's their problem not mine. You wouldn't get a Sikh man agonising about What to wear on the beach so neither should we. 

Don't let anyone make you feel ashamed of your body hair. If someone makes you feel small for having it then they are not worth your time. 

There are a few kaur bloggers out there who can give you style inspiration if you need it. 

On 7/21/2020 at 10:07 AM, Guest Gloria Steinem said:

When I go swimming I just wear a normal swimming costume. If people have problems with my body hair, that's their problem not mine. You wouldn't get a Sikh man agonising about What to wear on the beach so neither should we. 

Don't let anyone make you feel ashamed of your body hair. If someone makes you feel small for having it then they are not worth your time. 

There are a few kaur bloggers out there who can give you style inspiration if you need it. 

Thank you. Hopefully one day I’ll get to that point.

Guest Singhn1
On 7/20/2020 at 4:42 PM, Guest Keeratkaur03 said:

I just typically don’t really care depending on where I’m going, if your not amritdhari maybe look into getting lazer hair treatments?

Are you for real? I find your comment disgusting...Yeah you really tricked Maaraaj with this one...Laser your whole body and look like a pulp and then take Amrit...? I can imagine you will really achieve great heights with your Sikhi by being hairless...You fake "Singhniya" make me want to throw up...fake that's all you are. Real beautiful...? 

• 3 weeks later...

You can buy Full length swimwear leggings, look online. To the gym, T-shirt and joggers. To work trousers, top and cardigan. I personally think it’s okay to wear short sleeve but I don’t wear cap sleeves. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with you dressing nicely, just ensure it’s modest.

BW.

p.s. I’m surprised Sikh Sangat Allow people to post messages saying have laser treatment. What kind of message does that send out to our youth in a faith based forum, amritdhari or not?

typically I use a BOYLEG suit as it allows me to wear my kacchera without problems , speedo do very good suits which last and last , you can go the full leg skin suit but honestly are you really so vain to think people will be scruntinising your legs or be busy getting their splash about session on ?? once you are in the water no one will be bothered , befikar reho  and go for your swim . Your body , your rules forget the duniya .

On 7/18/2020 at 6:31 AM, Guest 2020 said:

Hi. I was wondering what you wear when you don’t remove body hair, do you stick to atleast cap sleeves? What if it’s really hot like next week is meant to be hot. What do you wear in the summer? I have seen a singhni wear cropped trousers but my legs have hair. I’ve never got close enough to see if she has and doesn’t care or if she just doesn’t.

What about holidays, if you went to somewhere extremely hot for a beach holiday. What would you wear? Do you go swimming? Also what do you wear at the gym?

I’ve only recently grown my hair and have a lot more than I’m use to.

Do you dress trendy still or just stick to only baggy clothes? 

If it's hot, I mostly wear loose fitted clothes as they are really comfortable and some look decentish.