Predatory Christianity destroying Punjab and Sikhi

Kau89r8

The Christians have not been able to make a big break in Doaba yet even though the people there are not religious. In Malwa where Sikhism is the strongest the Christians have not had any success yet. 

Only a matter of time...and ya they wouldn't even DARE to go to Muslims and try but they can with us because how weak and spineless we've become. Also they know that if we speak out or take stand they';ll label us as extremists or Khlalistanis...hence they can get away with it. They're like Christian RSS/ISS

Its not lower class anymore. They the middle class Jatts are converting too.. Vaheguru Kirpa Kare! 

8 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

In Malwa where Sikhism is the strongest the Christians have not had any success yet.  Generally people of Malwa have very strong faith in Sikhi.

They put Doabians (I'm one; it's a label, nothing more to me) to shame with their desire to keep Sikhi going forward. Some of the popular upcoming Sikh parcharaks in India are from Malwa. I like the way they pronounce certain words, lol.

15 hours ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Surely it was more than just that, didn't your relatives or others have anyone come to counter the Christians arguments?

Christians are a strange people, extremely hostile towards Islam and Muslims but love Jews even though they hold the belief Jesus is burning in his own excrement in hell according to the Talmud.

It is indeed a sad paradigm, where Christian missionaries are taking advantage of the poor conditions (unemployment, no education, lack of health care etc.) of the people, and promising them a better life, not just in this world, but the hereafter. And tbh, if your family is extremely poor, and you have no knowledge about your religion or roots (be it Sikh, Hindu or Muslim), what exactly are you going to do? That's why on some level, I don't blame the poor villagers who convert. They just want a better life for themselves and their families. Hence they fall in to the trap. The blame lies squarely with the other religious organisations (Sikh, Hindu and Muslim) who are not doing enough to look after the poorer members of their community. 

The only positive I can say about these Christian missionaries is that, at least they're not into forced conversions, grooming, rapes and kidnappings, unlike another community we all know of...

9 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

These Christians are growing strong mainly in Majha region. Tarn Taran is still okay but the situation in Amritsar and Gurdaspur is pretty bad. The Christians have not been able to make a big break in Doaba yet even though the people there are not religious. In Malwa where Sikhism is the strongest the Christians have not had any success yet.  Generally people of Malwa have very strong faith in Sikhi

I think the Amritsar region has always been a hot spot for christian missionary activity, even during the British era Amritsar had a lot of that. You would think that Amritsar would have the strongest Sikhi and that a place like Doaba would be a Christian convert area. 

People in Doaba are quite tribalistic, not sure if that is the right word. But like a couple of years back there were riots between bhamans and chamars in phagwara, setting busses on fire, public buildings etc   similar thing happened when a ravidassia preacher was shot in Austria. Dalit music is a big thing there! Especially during the voting season. I cant see the missionaries having a big impact there, but at the same time if they do worm their way in then the effects will be devastating. Or it could result in riots ... 

If Doaba starts becoming Christian then I'm guessing it will start from Jalandhar. 

2 hours ago, Koi said:

The only positive I can say about these Christian missionaries is that, at least they're not into forced conversions, grooming, rapes and kidnappings, unlike another community we all know of...

I see where you're coming from, but there is no silver lining in this situation. The Christian goes for the heart when recruiting while the Muslim in a characteristic display of impatient tactlessness goes for the head. The Christian method being considerably less abrasive is no less damaging to us than the Muslim conversion. Both are our enemies. The end result is the same: the elimination of Sikhs and the eventual erasure of the Sikh faith.

1 hour ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Couldn't help yourself hey.

When will you as a Sikh accept there are people out there who find the arguments of another religion more convincing than what ever argument Sikhi presents if it does at all because I'm yet to see one regardless of how silly the religion in question may seem. The blame ultimately falls down on poor Parchaar and if it's not that then the message which isn't resonating with people and too hard to swallow.

Didn't realise hundreds of thousands of Latinos that have converted to Islam in America were done so with swords around their necks.

Thanks for waking me up.

I completely agree that some people will find arguments of other ideologies more convincing than their own, and would thus "jump ship". And this is true for all faiths, and even those with no faith. What you completely missed is that I didn't address this point at all in my previous post, which makes your assumptions a bit redundant.

With regards to those being forced to convert, again, I think you completely missed the point. I never said that it happens all the time, but are you in any way insinuating that it doesn't happen at all? Truth is indeed very ugly at times, isn't it?...

Without derailing this topic, I will agree that, in this specific scenario (Christian missionaries), a lot of it is down to parchar (or lack thereof), but also poor living conditions play a big role in this.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts...

1 hour ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Couldn't help yourself hey.

When will you as a Sikh accept there are people out there who find the arguments of another religion more convincing than what ever argument Sikhi presents if it does at all because I'm yet to see one regardless of how silly the religion in question may seem. The blame ultimately falls down on poor Parchaar and if it's not that then the message which isn't resonating with people and too hard to swallow.

Didn't realise hundreds of thousands of Latinos that have converted to Islam in America were done so with swords around their necks.

Thanks for waking me up.

Sikhi doesn't argue anything bro. Truth just is. When people are fortunate enough they are gifted the Truth. I hope you will be that lucky some day.