'Cloth thingy on your head': Sikh man's discriminatory experience applying for job goes viral

1 hour ago, Akalifauj said:

The guy did not shame a corporation.  He actually refused to mention the corporation name so far as others were pleading with him to do it. So you are being dishonest here. Blaming him for something he didn't do. I called a spade a spade.  If you don't like it, then be honest next time.

I know of many girls who have been refused a job at a bank because they did not dress the part, didn't show enough skin.  The silent policy of refusing ethnic people work based on their dress has been going on for decades now.  The sikh making his case public has not done no damage. Such policy exist already.  You need to get out more.  

You also don't know what he may have said to explain what the turban is to a Sikh.  Again you are passing judgment on him based on a news article that didn't capture the full story.

Next you will be saying women should not report sexual harassment/assault in the work place because this will make the company hire less women or no women.  

If the company does not create a policy/training regarding Sikhs.  This guy should out the company.  Outing the company will put more political pressure on the company.  You are scared of the World.  You really need to get out more.  

I'll respond to your posts like a civilised person when you curb that horrible little habit of yours where you insult someone to make yourself feel superior, because you have no idea how to disagree with somebody without insulting them. It's a third-world mindset. You just can't help yourself. It's that typically Indo-Canadian manner symptomatic of people of your background who actually don't get out much, lol, yet as usual you're projecting. I think crying and being couped-up inside is your specialty, not mine. 

Notice, I behave well with the majority of the people on this forum even when I disagree with someone, but you bring out the worst in me.

Even now you're thinking, "I'm never wrong. It's everyone else who is mistaken. I'm above reproach!" To that I say, LOL. You've proven my point. Do me a favour a put me on ignore. You really grind my gears to the point where after interacting with you I feel like doing this to you:

tenor.gif?itemid=13233387

? Seriously, look at yourself and improve your attitude. Being religious is no excuse for being a scummy person. Change before it's too late. And if your social circle has convinced you that you're perfect or on the right path, I promise you they're misleading you.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

I'll respond to your posts like a civilised person when you curb that horrible little habit of yours where you insult someone to make yourself feel superior, because you have no idea how to disagree with somebody without insulting them.

You can respond as you like.  It won't effect me. I caught you on a lie.  Once that happened, like a little boy you had a temper tantrum.  Learn how to be honest.  Its black and white.  You lied and got caught.  Keep on crying. You are a keyboard warrior. 

16 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Unfortunately, I think the subtleties of such issues are lost on us

if we were so far-sighted in the first place, we would have had our political sovereignty today :/ 

in another whatsapp group, there were sikhs here saying how proud they were of the sikh SECURITY GUARD who's been selected to be in Z category of Donald trump. Ok its good to been selected as a security of president in a country that imagines us as muslims, but we were supposed to be proud of us being kings, not security. We have had a bad fall from grace. And back home things are worse. 

In another 20 yrs, Punjab will more likely be chanting "Yesu Masih ji ki Jai" . It would still be drug-ridden state , and with a growing majority of hindu, muslims, and christians. 

but our naive people back home are busy sanitizing mosques (housekeeping services seriously ? ) , and laying foundation of churches.

As you rightly said, we will give our blood , our life , and all our love to the outsiders, but within ourselves, we allied with enemies against our own interests. Such a people how long they can survive ?

6 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

I know of many girls who have been refused a job at a bank because they did not dress the part, didn't show enough skin.  The silent policy of refusing ethnic people work based on their dress has been going on for decades now.  The sikh making his case public has not done no damage. Such policy exist already.  You need to get out more.  

If we know this is an issue , and since sikhs are traditionally entrepreneurs as our image is back home, then why aren't we taking this bad situation in our stride and prepare our children for business, rather than jobs ?

I mean we're sikhs, we can do it ! :)

On 7/23/2020 at 11:31 PM, ChardikalaUK said:

So we run to Chinese lands as well as Goreh lands. 

So, what’s wrong with that?  We don’t run there, we use decent means of transport to arrive there or anywhere else for that matter. For your information,  they also “run” if that’s the expression you prefer, to our lands as well as to others’ lands. This kind of migration is not a symptom of modern day globalisation! The Creator created  our mother earth for his creation  to inhabit it. It was globalised from day one of it’s inception. God didn’t make immigration rules or laws, man did.  Wakey-wakey!!

1 hour ago, CHaamCHrick said:

So, what’s wrong with that?  We don’t run there, we use decent means of transport to arrive there or anywhere else for that matter. For your information,  they also “run” if that’s the expression you prefer, to our lands as well as to others’ lands. This kind of migration is not a symptom of modern day globalisation! The Creator created  our mother earth for his creation  to inhabit it. It was globalised from day one of it’s inception. God didn’t make immigration rules or laws, man did.  Wakey-wakey!!

There isn't one South Asian country that would not be called 'developing'. It's pathetic on our part. The Orientals have several that are advanced. They are less egotistical and don't make fake boasts.