What happens after death?

puzzled

23 hours ago, kcmidlands said:

It's pretty difficult for a normal human being to comprehend that something like this might exist, you'll even get religious people who will brush it off even though the religion they believe in say's it's what happens.

I'm not sure of I've spoken about this on this forum before (if i have i apologise for the repeat telling), my Grandmother passed away at the tale end of last year, she was 95 and had a decent life, all she would ever do is paath, all the time, my mum told me she had darshan of Guru Nanak Dev Ji when she was doing paath once but refused to speak about it because it shook her up.

About two week's before shed passed she wouldn't wake up, he breathing had slowed to almost nothing, we called the paramedics, they worked on her and managed to revive her (her kidneys were operating at about 5% at this point so we knew that if she made it past 2019 she's be lucky), she was out for about 2 hours in total, a few day's later i ring my mum to see how she is, she starts telling me that you Gran's been telling me something weird, i spoke to my Bibi, she said she had died and was being taken away (she didn't mention Jamdoots by name), all she heard was screaming and people being beaten to a point that she was scared, he words were "Oothe Kuth De Bahut ya", she said she was told "Tera hor kam rehnde ya hale" by someone and was sent back, it freaked me out no end, she was unfazed by the whole thing, my mum and dad took it in their stride as well (they are both deeply religious amritdhari's).

She passed away 2 weeks later, same day, Friday, she had her entire family around her, i'm thinking that was what she meant when she said "tera hor kam rehnde ya", she hadn't seen my 2 chache for a while and this made them come down, she heard everyone's voices and passed away peacefully.

10 months on I've not fully grasped what she told me, she was an integral part of my life and taught me pretty much everything i know about being a good human being, she was a good person and i hope she found peace with the amount of faith she had.

Yeah i'v heard similar stories to what your grandma saw. These experiences are no different to what bani says about jamdoots and how they beat people. 

But what is it that jamdoots beat? Because our remains are on earth, so they take our soul, is it our soul that is punished then? 

Dasam bani says that kaami people will be tied to hot metal poles/pillars.

Our conscious must go with us then ? 

4 hours ago, puzzled said:

1. But what is it that jamdoots beat? Because our remains are on earth, so they take our soul, is it our soul that is punished then? 

2. Dasam bani says that kaami people will be tied to hot metal poles/pillars.

3. Our conscious must go with us then ? 

1A.  Yamdoots beat the mind and as the soul is caught in a tight knot with the  mind, it also suffers.

2A.  True

3A.  Our consciouss is the soul, and as said above, each time the souls moves into a new life, the mind goes along. The only way to free ourselves and untie our strong knot with the mind and reunite our soul consciousness with Him, is by His kirpa and His bhakti.

That is why the Bani says: Prabh ka simran, man kee mael jaae. 

It is only by His simran, that we cut off our ties with the dirty mind and its evil tendencies , sanskaras, karmas.

As long as the mind is tied with the soul, we are stuck in the cycle of births and deaths, only when we throughy cleanse our mind  from its dirt, the soul becomes mindless, thus no karma, and the consequence is that we move upwards like a bullet to merge in our Origin, Waheguru Akal Purukh, that also, not by our merits, but entirely by His kirpa.

5 hours ago, puzzled said:

Yeah i'v heard similar stories to what your grandma saw. These experiences are no different to what bani says about jamdoots and how they beat people. 

But what is it that jamdoots beat? Because our remains are on earth, so they take our soul, is it our soul that is punished then? 

Dasam bani says that kaami people will be tied to hot metal poles/pillars.

Our conscious must go with us then ? 

I think it's the mann - mind they beat. I remeber watching Bhai Jagraaj Singh ji talking about the Jamdoots beating the mind because the souls is pure and the thing filled with dirt and haumai is our mind. The longer we think the mind is everything and I (haumai) the more beats we will get.

11 hours ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

I think it's the mann - mind they beat. I remeber watching Bhai Jagraaj Singh ji talking about the Jamdoots beating the mind because the souls is pure and the thing filled with dirt and haumai is our mind. The longer we think the mind is everything and I (haumai) the more beats we will get.

It could explain why we say "Maan neeva maat uchi" when doing ardaas.

2 hours ago, Singh375 said:

That’s just a blessing we ask for that may our mind stay humble, yet our principles stay high. 

The ‘body’ which experiences dreams when we sleep, that’s the body which goes forth after death.

It’s just the soul, same one we eat, sleep work, enjoy life, relax with. Hence we’re able to attain jivan mukhti here, as the soul is eternal.. the human body is temporary. We shed it like snakeskin and continue on our journey. 

1 hour ago, Sat1 said:

It’s just the soul, same one we eat, sleep work, enjoy life, relax with. Hence we’re able to attain jivan mukhti here, as the soul is eternal.. the human body is temporary. We shed it like snakeskin and continue on our journey. 

In english the reference he's making is to the death of the physical body leaving you still with the astral and causal bodies and the mind seperated in ego. Identifying with the soul is not as easy as dying a single death. You are right that it can be done here, but death of a body does not simply grant it. While saying it's just the soul is true it doesn't appear as such to us for a long time until it does finally. 

What is the ithiaas of Dharmraj? I have read that depending on the persons actions he appears in different forms, like if you have done good then he appears in a saintly form, long white beard, white clothes, but if you were a bad person then he appears before you in a horrific form!  Dharamraj is a deity in Buddhist and other Eastern cultures too. In Vedas i think he is known as Yamraj. 

I have read the Katha Upanishad where he is one of the main characters. I'v also read somewhere that he was the first man to die? 

In Tibetan art

Yama, mid-17th–early 18th century Tibet, Unknown | SlowlanderThe Twelfth Path of the Tree of Life: Lamed | The Occult Revival