What happens after death?

puzzled

8 hours ago, puzzled said:

What is the ithiaas of Dharmraj? I have read that depending on the persons actions he appears in different forms, like if you have done good then he appears in a saintly form, long white beard, white clothes, but if you were a bad person then he appears before you in a horrific form!  Dharamraj is a deity in Buddhist and other Eastern cultures too. In Vedas i think he is known as Yamraj. 

I have read the Katha Upanishad where he is one of the main characters. I'v also read somewhere that he was the first man to die? 

In Tibetan art

Yama, mid-17th–early 18th century Tibet, Unknown | SlowlanderThe Twelfth Path of the Tree of Life: Lamed | The Occult Revival

that looks like a jamdoot

• 3 months later...

I think what need to understand first is that we are looking at everything at our intellectual level. We dont have the budhi to comment about jamdoots etc. First we need to realise is the Maharaj is nothing but forgiving and compassionate. Would a parent see their child suffer? No. So why would our creator send jamdoots down to beat us? We need to realise Gurbani talks about jamdoots. But jamdoot means messenger of death. They will normally be at our level of spirituality. They are not all black and scary. Also the people who get beats are the ones who firstly deny the existence of god or do alot of paap. We currently live in kalyug and to be perfect in kalyug will take many lifetimes. This is the issue we have in Sikhi these days, theres to much scare mongering. We think Maharaj is standing waiting for us to fall,  but its actually the complete opposite. Maharaj is here to help us on the righteous path. Even those people who have near death experiences and come back and say its really bad, were maybe shown jamdoots just so when they come back, they will follow a righteous path. They are blessed. I myself am an Amritdari and i do believe we cant get liberated without receiving Amrit, but i also believe the ugly dark jamdoots wont take everyone who is not Amritdari. We need to remember that everything is under Maharajs hukam. Gurbani tells us that simran and naam japna is key to everything. 

Admittedly, currently I'm a man of weak faith, been over a month since I've read any bani or done simran. Walked to the shops today and forced myself to listen to simran, it was like eating something you don't like eating, but it lasted 1 hour. Walked past a homeless man who I normally give food/money to every time i walk past him but today I didn't. I bought vegan Chicken tikka and Sausage rolls, i could of easily given him the sausage rolls but i didn't, and i didn't have any money on me. 

If i just drop dead right now, i doubt it i would be welcomed with "welcome home banners" and party poppers. 

10 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

You did all these paaps? ??

lol no i haven't done any of that, i did a few naughty things with this Indian woman years ago when i was mona but never did the actual thing lol  and that's about it. And I'm quite obedient towards my parents. 

29 minutes ago, puzzled said:

lol no i haven't done any of that, i did a few naughty things with this Indian woman years ago when i was mona but never did the actual thing lol  and that's about it. And I'm quite obedient towards my parents. 

I was messing around. ?

Generally, you're aware that you need to do better, and when you don't live up to those self imposed standards you feel disappointed and frustrated. That's more inner searching than 99% of the current sacks of meat walking the earth, who seem to think they're perfect beings who can do no wrong, and that everyone else is the problem.

You aren't giving it lip service, but you aren't where you want to be. Just keep trying to make forward steps. Don't stagnate. Doubt is natural. It means you're thinking. But make that spiritual connection you're looking for in a personal way that relates to your day-to-day reality.

20201120_195939.jpg.fec6e74295bb1acc464c4302a62995d8.jpg

Maharaj forgives for all paaps as long as we repent from inside. Only Maharaj knows how sorry we are, he is antarjaami. We are not in position to say who can be forgiven. Gurbani says naam burns your paaps like a spark to wood. 

Also i think its not just our paaps. Its our desires that bring us back or stop us from moving on.