What happens after death?

puzzled

41 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

So Sikhi is the only path to salvation?

There are 7.8 Billion people in the world and Sikhs are just 30 million. So those other 7.77 Billion have to be reincarnated as Sikhs to end the cycle of rebirth? And that is just human lives. If you include animals and insects it is even more.

It would take a ridiculously long time for every person to have the chance to be born a Sikh. In fact the world would probably have ended by that time.

What about prehistoric animals like Dinosaurs that were around hundreds of millions of years before humans, what was happening to their souls? Were they waiting for humans to be created? Modern humans have only been around 200,000 years and ones that are like us just around 30,000.

What happens to the soul of a mentally disabled person born into an Amritdhari family, who has no possibility to understand Sikhi or God? He has waited all of this time to be born into a Sikh family but cannot do anything now because he is disabled.

These are things I often wonder about.

Yeah but you have to remember that humans existed in other yugs as well which go 100s of millions of years before the existence of the first modern humans. Though obviously science does not believe in the previous yugs.

I think Satyug was like 400 million years ago?  So humans as well as devte and celestial kings walked the earth all the thoae years ago, dinosaurs fit somewhere in the picture. 

Our souls have been travelling through the yugs I think. 

6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah but you have to remember that humans existed in other yugs as well which go 100s of millions of years before the existence of the first modern humans. Though obviously science does not believe in the previous yugs.

I think Satyug was like 400 million years ago?  So humans as well as devte and celestial kings walked the earth all the thoae years ago, dinosaurs fit somewhere in the picture. 

The scientific evidence clearly doesn't support this. In fact humans have only been farming for 12,000 years. So settlements are only that long. Before that we were just hunter gatherers with no civilisation. Hinduism whixh first mentioned the yugs is only around 6000 years old.

7 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

The scientific evidence clearly doesn't support this. In fact humans have only been farming for 12,000 years. So settlements are only that long. Before that we were just hunter gatherers with no civilisation. Hinduism whixh first mentioned the yugs is only around 6000 years old.

Human Civilisation is older than 12000 years old.

Every ancient civilisation talks of an earlier civilisation before the ice age. There was a flood that took place when the ice melted. 

25 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Human Civilisation is older than 12000 years old.

Every ancient civilisation talks of an earlier civilisation before the ice age. There was a flood that took place when the ice melted. 

The same people that insist God is a coping mechanism also insist the above is untrue. How dare they! ?

55 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I've heard similar tales growing up but haven't actually seen time frames like these referenced in Gurbani.  An logically speaking, it doesn't add up either. The hindu yuga theory is quite hard to swallow if you see the numbers. Human life is 100,000 years with human height being like 30 ft in satyug...and it decreases every yug...

I think it's best to stick with real data since we aren't held accountable to these numbers to begin with. Even most hindus don't really belive this, hence you get constant revisions in trying to bring down the yug cycle age from 4million to 12 thousand.

Even Maskeen Ji didn't buy the ancient numbers. He related the yugs to our progression as a civilization, with satyug being the beginning of the transition from hunter-gatherer to farming settlements.

4 minutes ago, Jai Tegang! said:

I've heard similar tales growing up but haven't actually seen time frames like these referenced in Gurbani.  An logically speaking, it doesn't add up either. The hindu yuga theory is quite hard to swallow if you see the numbers. Human life is 100,000 years with human height being like 30 ft in satyug...and it decreases every yug...

I think it's best to stick with real data since we aren't held accountable to these numbers to begin with. Even most hindus don't really belive this, hence you get constant revisions in trying to bring down the yug cycle age from 4million to 12 thousand.

Even Maskeen Ji didn't buy the ancient numbers. He related the yugs to our progression as a civilization, with satyug being the beginning of the transition from hunter-gatherer to farming settlements.

Ok there's ongoing confusion over the numbers and length of the yugs, but even bani and Bhai Gurdas Jis Vaars mention the order of the yugs how one yug followed the other, and how different Avtaars were sent in different yugs.