Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

What happens after death?

50 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Go easy on that stuff. You're slowly being hinduized. Hinduism is as scientific as any other religion. Don't let hindu nationalists hordes let u think otherwise.

A flying monkey swallowing sun. That's what ramayan states also. 

Also a ten headed being yeah.  I can show you tons of such stuff from ramayan.

You talk of guru ji squeezing blood out of bread as unbelievable but ramayan states agni the fire god popped out of the hawan that Rama's father did for sake of sons ,and blessed queens of Rama's father with kheer which is how rama and his brothers born.

I know you're studying Upanishads and stuff   it's not bad to read other religions but in the process be cautious you don't end up dissing your own religion..

How much have you studied GGS in detail for that matter.

Again sorry if I sound overbearing. But I know how egoists hindu fundamentalism works 

Good point, bro. Need to be very diligent and almost on your toes when dealing with and studying these things. It's easy to be mislead when your bias' are being confirmed through what you're reading, which is a major problem if your bias' are rooted in error.

55 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Go easy on that stuff. You're slowly being hinduized. Hinduism is as scientific as any other religion. Don't let hindu nationalists hordes let u think otherwise.

A flying monkey swallowing sun. That's what ramayan states also. 

Also a ten headed being yeah.  I can show you tons of such stuff from ramayan.

You talk of guru ji squeezing blood out of bread as unbelievable but ramayan states agni the fire god popped out of the hawan that Rama's father did for sake of sons ,and blessed queens of Rama's father with kheer which is how rama and his brothers born.

I know you're studying Upanishads and stuff   it's not bad to read other religions but in the process be cautious you don't end up dissing your own religion..

Again sorry if I sound overbearing. But I know how egoists hindu fundamentalism works 

No I do believe the Guru Nanak squeezed blood out of bread, but my point was if you need scientific validation for faith, e.g the yugs can't be real because it goes against science, then in that case much of Sikhi is false including God. 

So you can't really say oh I believe In God but I don't believe in the yugs because theres no proof for that, because there really isn't proof for any of it tbh. 

That's why it never makes sense when people try to make their religion sound more valid by comparing it to science, because faith and science are two completely different things. 

As for Ramayan, well Ravaan is mentioned in Guru Granth Sahib ji aswell, so is shishnaag a cobra with a million heads. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Good point, bro. Need to be very diligent and almost on your toes when dealing with and studying these things. It's easy to be mislead when your bias' are being confirmed through what you're reading, which is a major problem if your bias' are rooted in error.

A lot of these ancient texts have stories embellished around some actual events that may have taken place. 

Some of these stories are metaphors and some of these may have been misinterpreted. 

For example, Ravana had the intelligence of 10 men so it was like he had 10 heads has been interpreted that he literally had 10 heads.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

In Sri Lanka,  he is the good guy!

Yeah I had to remind my mother not to go around and give samosas and jalebia to our Tamil neighbours on Dushera and Diwali !!  

• Like 1

Wasn't Ravaan a Brahmin though? Considering he was Brahmas great grandson or something like that. 

Tamils and other southern people are quite anti Bamhan. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's even important to realise that most of ancient texts , ancient meaning here pre 500 BC are so old that the context they probably are centred around got lost in passages of time. 

So all you have left is a piece of a wider puzzle and although translations are done , I swear some of these Upanishads especially oldest ones are so riddlesome it takes a nice context to understand them.

For instance , brihadaranyaka (big forest) Upanishad , one of the oldest , starts with mention of a sacrificial horse , metaphor for creation. 

While today the text is almost universally taken as a vedantic and spiritual philosophical treatise,  it's important to remember this upanishad itself is a text within another brahminical ritual text called "shatpatha brahman". 

So it might not have been a ritual-less, philosophy oriented text 2500 yrs ago. 

Point is : if the context and culture of the scripture is lost , it will become very difficult to retrieve its original message. 

Take in terms of Guru Granth Sahib, if suppose all traces of  bridal culture were lost , how would one make understanding of suhagan concepts in GGS. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, puzzled said:

I actually believe in everything, I believe in mermaids aswell. 

Same bro. I find the concept of mermaids really interesting.

I find the unknown in general interesting.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kaurr said:

Same bro. I find the concept of mermaids really interesting.

I find the unknown in general interesting.

Yh i believe they are real, but i don't think they are those pretty blonde ladies with fish tails etc lol   They are probably really ugly, some kind of Humanoid sea/fish creature type of thing. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, puzzled said:

Yh i believe they are real, but i don't think they are those pretty blonde ladies with fish tails etc lol   They are probably really ugly, some kind of Humanoid sea/fish creature type of thing. 

It would be cool if one was discovered.

I read somewhere that humans don't see them in mermaid form, we see them as fish.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 5:21 AM, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Whats ur views about sadhguru (jaggi vasudev/of inner engineering) I am fascinated by him. 

I really like the yogic philosophy/science he teaches. It helps explains many concepts in indian philosphy and gurbani. Like how we have 5 bodies. Food body, energy body, mental etc, u k ow the sukhsam and asthool sareers that can actually feel pain in hell etc.

That we are currently in the 84th creation. 

That 108 bead malas are used cuz we have 108 chakras we can control and stengthen. 

On 11/23/2020 at 4:18 PM, puzzled said:

Wasn't Ravaan a Brahmin though? Considering he was Brahmas great grandson or something like that. 

Tamils and other southern people are quite anti Bamhan. 

Ravaan was the son of Rishi Visharvaa, grandson of Rishi Pulatsya, and great grandson of Brahma. So yes he was a brahman.

This is why Bhagwan Shree Raamchandar Ji Maharaj acquired the dosh of "brahman hathiya" when he killed Raavan, which is why a certain brahman did not accept his charity. As a penance, he conducted the ashwamedh yagya. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

I really like the yogic philosophy/science he teaches. It helps explains many concepts in indian philosphy and gurbani. Like how we have 5 bodies. Food body, energy body, mental etc, u k ow the sukhsam and asthool sareers that can actually feel pain in hell etc.

That we are currently in the 84th creation. 

That 108 bead malas are used cuz we have 108 chakras we can control and stengthen. 

Jaggi aside, none of the above really contradicts Sikhi, because it's knowledge from the Vedic granths that even our gianis and parcharaks have to study for a grounding in Dharmic philosophy. 

I know that if Sikh parchaar occasionally veered towards this really interesting type of spiritual and holistic approach it would attract many lapsed Punjabis, particularly those raised in the West, who currently feel quite disconnected and adrift but can't quite put their finger on how to get themselves out of various ruts and troughs. It might also help warding off the vulture-like attention of other faiths seeking easy converts.

Our history and the malign affects of Brahmanical mischief are essential to understand who we are, where we came from, and why we're in the shape we currently are, but some deeper theory of how the individual can enact day-to-day positive spiritual change, is needed for those who are a little more thoughtful and inquisitive.