Wahguru simran with breath

nehkeval

7 hours ago, Singh375 said:

At this area there's key connection between body and atmaa.

Forum is ok, but keep these feelings gupt in real life, don't tell anyone. When kirpa happens, it will happen from that point.

You might meet people who stare at your forehead. It just means they have dib dristhe open and can see how radiant your aura is

Thank you. I never really shared it with anyone. Only with my mom. She told me the same thing about keeping it gupt. Really was hesitant about posting it on the forum.  

I also had a question about using a mala. I don't really use one, but I have seen pictures of great gursikhs such as Bhai Randhir Singh Ji with a mala in his hand. Is it recommended? Or should we just do naam simran without one? 

14 minutes ago, Singh375 said:

A mala has its uses. Sometimes if you tell someone to do mool mantar they say ok and start, but day by day they do less and eventually stop. But if you say do 5 malas each day, then they have an excuses to keeping doing a good amount daily. Daas likes using a mala for mool mantar or other shabads, but for waheguru simran prefers using time as a guide (e.g. aiming to do 1hr)

Dhiyaan should be kept on shabad though, not too much on counting. Our goal is to connect with shabad, sometimes using a mala you start to experience anand inside. If that happens let go of the mala and just enjoy the anand.

It's cool to experiment and see what works for you.

For example I workout at home, one day I was doing 10 bicep curls on one arm then swap to other. Instead of counting to 10 I thought what not say Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji for rep 1, Dhan Guru Angad Dev Ji for rep 2 etc. (Actually I went up to 11 to include Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji). You know the sakhi where Guru Nanak Dev Ji was counting and got stuck on tera (13) - we can incorporate remembering God into everyday tasks.

Thank you once again. I only experimented with it once, and personally just liked holding it rather then actually use it. Kinda helps to aid in concentration.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:10 PM, Singh375 said:

Who told you to do simran like this?

Satguru Nanak Dev Ji instructed us to do simran by connecting surat with shabad (not breath with shabad). People might tell you to breath in saying wahe and out saying guru, but Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - no where do they tell us this. 

Can you tell us where in Gurbani bir rass is defined as an emotion?  

It's a very important question.  This is the second time I am asking you to give the source.  

On 8/2/2020 at 10:10 PM, Singh375 said:

Who told you to do simran like this?

Because I know someone who started doing it and a bharam giani went to his house to tell him off; they were furious. Breathing is just a biological function, if your dhiyan gets stuck on that reaching higher stages will be impossible.

Satguru Nanak Dev Ji instructed us to do simran by connecting surat with shabad (not breath with shabad). People might tell you to breath in saying wahe and out saying guru, but Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - no where do they tell us this. Saas ghiraas simran doesn't literally mean simran with each breath. Guru sahib are only referring to a stage when simran happens just like breathing happens (24/7 non stop with the unconscious mind).

Our goal is to attach surat with shabad. The first stage is dhun main dhiyaan. Just doing waheguru simran (spoken as one word) and listening to it, keeping focus on the sound of Waheguru word; this will give you everything.

God bless you, brilliant you have thirst to do simran 

I know PKMC and their gurdwara Guru Maneyo Granth explain teach people to do simran with this breathing way.

Also do people who receive exclusive Naam Dhrir in exclusive amrit sanchars do it this way? Is this the way to do it for special Naam Dhrir?

The breath way I have always found weird.

Also any link or write-up for the surat shabad explanation, it will come in very useful for discussions on here and some other forums? A good thing to know against the notorious PKMC and Guru Maneyo Granth gurdwara sangat!

On 8/7/2020 at 11:49 PM, Singh375 said:

Do you think Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji would have told the original panj pyare to do simran with breathing?

Then when Guru Pita Ji begged for amrit them-self, do you think panj pyare performed 'naam dhrir' on Guru Ji?

Panj Pyare's job is to prepare and bestow amrit onto those wanting to receive it. They should tell you, this is the gur-mantar, this is the mool mantar, then tell you the Khalsa panth marayda. That's it.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸਿਖ ਕਉ ਨਾਮ ਧਨੁ ਦੇਇ ॥
Saṯgur sikẖ ka▫o nām ḏẖan ḏe▫e.
~ True wealth of Naam is given by Satguru Ji (as you progress with naam simran)

Those who do it hit a dead end after dying. Breath gets left here with the body, so how can simran carry forward after death? As said, Guru Ji instructed us to do simran with Surat. On Ang 526 we can find out how surat connected with shabad carries forward after death:

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਨਾਰਾਇਣੁ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥
Anṯ kāl nārā▫iṇ simrai aisī cẖinṯā mėh je marai.
At the very last moment, one who thinks of the Lord, and dies in such thoughts,

ਬਦਤਿ ਤਿਲੋਚਨੁ ਤੇ ਨਰ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਪੀਤੰਬਰੁ ਵਾ ਕੇ ਰਿਦੈ ਬਸੈ ॥੫॥੨॥
Baḏaṯ ṯilocẖan ṯe nar mukṯā pīṯambar vā ke riḏai basai. ||5||2||
says Trilochan, that man shall be liberated; the Lord shall abide in his heart. ||5||2||

Btw, Surat means mental state of focus/being

I definitely don't think Naam Dhrir was given by original panj pyaras and I don't think dal Khalsa practised this either.

I actually just wanted to find out that jathas who practise Naam Dhrir, do they also practise this breathing thing?

I don't agree with Naam Dhrir myself, I don't see it as a necessity for Sachkhand and actually see it as a beadbi to Amrit Sanchar!