Sign in to follow this  
nehkeval

Wahguru simran with breath

On 8/2/2020 at 10:10 PM, Singh375 said:

Who told you to do simran like this?

Because I know someone who started doing it and a bharam giani went to his house to tell him off; they were furious. Breathing is just a biological function, if your dhiyan gets stuck on that reaching higher stages will be impossible.

Satguru Nanak Dev Ji instructed us to do simran by connecting surat with shabad (not breath with shabad). People might tell you to breath in saying wahe and out saying guru, but Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - no where do they tell us this. Saas ghiraas simran doesn't literally mean simran with each breath. Guru sahib are only referring to a stage when simran happens just like breathing happens (24/7 non stop with the unconscious mind).

Our goal is to attach surat with shabad. The first stage is dhun main dhiyaan. Just doing waheguru simran (spoken as one word) and listening to it, keeping focus on the sound of Waheguru word; this will give you everything.

God bless you, brilliant you have thirst to do simran 

I know PKMC and their gurdwara Guru Maneyo Granth explain teach people to do simran with this breathing way.

Also do people who receive exclusive Naam Dhrir in exclusive amrit sanchars do it this way? Is this the way to do it for special Naam Dhrir?

The breath way I have always found weird.

Also any link or write-up for the surat shabad explanation, it will come in very useful for discussions on here and some other forums? A good thing to know against the notorious PKMC and Guru Maneyo Granth gurdwara sangat!

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 12:05 AM, ipledgeblue said:

Also do people who receive exclusive Naam Dhrir in exclusive amrit sanchars do it this way? Is this the way to do it for special Naam Dhrir?

Do you think Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji would have told the original panj pyare to do simran with breathing?

Then when Guru Pita Ji begged for amrit them-self, do you think panj pyare performed 'naam dhrir' on Guru Ji?

Panj Pyare's job is to prepare and bestow amrit onto those wanting to receive it. They should tell you, this is the gur-mantar, this is the mool mantar, then tell you the Khalsa panth marayda. That's it.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸਿਖ ਕਉ ਨਾਮ ਧਨੁ ਦੇਇ ॥
Saṯgur sikẖ ka▫o nām ḏẖan ḏe▫e.
~ True wealth of Naam is given by Satguru Ji (as you progress with naam simran)

The breath way I have always found weird.

Those who do it hit a dead end after dying. Breath gets left here with the body, so how can simran carry forward after death? As said, Guru Ji instructed us to do simran with Surat. On Ang 526 we can find out how surat connected with shabad carries forward after death:

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਨਾਰਾਇਣੁ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥
Anṯ kāl nārā▫iṇ simrai aisī cẖinṯā mėh je marai.
At the very last moment, one who thinks of the Lord, and dies in such thoughts,

ਬਦਤਿ ਤਿਲੋਚਨੁ ਤੇ ਨਰ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਪੀਤੰਬਰੁ ਵਾ ਕੇ ਰਿਦੈ ਬਸੈ ॥੫॥੨॥
Baḏaṯ ṯilocẖan ṯe nar mukṯā pīṯambar vā ke riḏai basai. ||5||2||
says Trilochan, that man shall be liberated; the Lord shall abide in his heart. ||5||2||

Btw, Surat means mental state of focus/being

• Like 1

Also any link or write-up for the surat shabad explanation, it will come in very useful for discussions on here and some other forums? A good thing to know against the notorious PKMC and Guru Maneyo Granth gurdwara sangat!

Dearest friend, surat is a rohani (spiritual) thing, it's experienced by doing one's own khoj. Those who experience milaap (union) of surat with shabad certainty don't use that knowledge to engage in debates with people who practice other methods. 

Here's a story of how powerful surat is;

The bharam giani ji I mentioned above, a Singh went to see them and said "it takes me 24 minutes to do 1 Sukhmani Sahib". They replied "good, carry on". Next year he returned and says "now it takes me 8 minutes". Again they said "good, carry on". Following year he returned and very proudly said "now it takes me 12 seconds". Finally after 3 years the bharam giani shared a glimpse of their own avastha, only to destroy this person's hankar. They said "when you do jaap with surat you can complete 1 akhand paath of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji per second".

When I signed up to this forum I promised myself I won't reveal the identity of this bharam giani ji, their avastha is way too high. They hide them self by living a family life with kids. But look, all mahapurkh are worthy of respect, but how many do you think reached the absolute highest stage? It's very few indeed.

Until you can work out from inside what someone's level is, do not trust anyone regarding simran. Place all faith in Guru Granth Sahib Ji and none other. Guru Granth Sahib Ji can even speak to you and answer questions, but the ears to hear this are internal;

ਅਖੀ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਵੇਖਣਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਕੰਨਾ ਸੁਨਣਾ ॥
Akẖī bājẖahu vekẖ▫ṇā viṇ kanna sunṇā.
To see without eyes; to hear without ears;

So regarding surat and shabad. Do mool mantar - you'll find out and get everything from within by doing this.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 11:49 PM, Singh375 said:

Do you think Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji would have told the original panj pyare to do simran with breathing?

Then when Guru Pita Ji begged for amrit them-self, do you think panj pyare performed 'naam dhrir' on Guru Ji?

Panj Pyare's job is to prepare and bestow amrit onto those wanting to receive it. They should tell you, this is the gur-mantar, this is the mool mantar, then tell you the Khalsa panth marayda. That's it.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸਿਖ ਕਉ ਨਾਮ ਧਨੁ ਦੇਇ ॥
Saṯgur sikẖ ka▫o nām ḏẖan ḏe▫e.
~ True wealth of Naam is given by Satguru Ji (as you progress with naam simran)

Those who do it hit a dead end after dying. Breath gets left here with the body, so how can simran carry forward after death? As said, Guru Ji instructed us to do simran with Surat. On Ang 526 we can find out how surat connected with shabad carries forward after death:

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਨਾਰਾਇਣੁ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥
Anṯ kāl nārā▫iṇ simrai aisī cẖinṯā mėh je marai.
At the very last moment, one who thinks of the Lord, and dies in such thoughts,

ਬਦਤਿ ਤਿਲੋਚਨੁ ਤੇ ਨਰ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਪੀਤੰਬਰੁ ਵਾ ਕੇ ਰਿਦੈ ਬਸੈ ॥੫॥੨॥
Baḏaṯ ṯilocẖan ṯe nar mukṯā pīṯambar vā ke riḏai basai. ||5||2||
says Trilochan, that man shall be liberated; the Lord shall abide in his heart. ||5||2||

Btw, Surat means mental state of focus/being

I definitely don't think Naam Dhrir was given by original panj pyaras and I don't think dal Khalsa practised this either.

I actually just wanted to find out that jathas who practise Naam Dhrir, do they also practise this breathing thing?

I don't agree with Naam Dhrir myself, I don't see it as a necessity for Sachkhand and actually see it as a beadbi to Amrit Sanchar!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ipledgeblue said:

I actually just wanted to find out that jathas who practise Naam Dhrir, do they also practise this breathing thing?

Hanji I’m pretty sure they do breathing simran too.

Such things were secretly infiltrated into Sikhi by our enemies. They created naam dhir, then said follow breathing simran to make Sikhs as weak as possible. Don’t underestimate how badly some people want to destroy Sikhi.

(Really sorry for long replies. But I know people will click onto this thread in few years time searching for truth about breathing simran. So I want to leave good quality answers for them)

2 more examples of how breathing simran is not the correct technique;

1 - Gurbani says the baby does simran in the womb. Well there is no breathing in the womb, oxygen comes from the umbilical cord. So a baby’s simran (which is so powerful it protects from fire of womb) must be happening another way? The answer is Surat

2 - Gurbani says Prabh bhavai bin saas te rakhai ~ if it pleases god without breath you remain alive. When Baba Deep Singh Ji’s head was separated, or Bhai Mati Das Ji’s body in 2 pieces there was no breath. So how did their simran remain unaffected? Because they were doing it with Surat

• Thanks 1

When you manage to really concentrate in naam simran half an hour feels like 5 mins! 

• Like 3