A Modern Day Singh Sabha Movement?

dharamyudh

8 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

In a modern day Singh Sabha movement, would the Dal Khalsa retake Akal Takht after being removed by the previous Singh Sabha which is now represented by SGPC? Would Dal Khalsa (budha dal tarna dal) be given more control like they had pre-colonial times?

Would we reintroduce more Dasam Granth readings which were stopped by previous Singh Sabha?

Yeah. Basically, we gotta work backwards. The first Singh Sabha removed a lot of things. More of a revivalist movement. It could go under a whole different name. Leadership has to consist of those who are passionate about Sikh. The Khalsa should be the ones running the panth anyways. 

16 hours ago, dharamyudh said:

Yeah. Basically, we gotta work backwards. The first Singh Sabha removed a lot of things. More of a revivalist movement. It could go under a whole different name. Leadership has to consist of those who are passionate about Sikh. The Khalsa should be the ones running the panth anyways. 

oh yes, and also I remember there was unification of Jathas under Nawab Kapur Singh, unification in Dal Khalsa and then split under Budha Dal and Tarna Dal. Do we need another reunification, maybe absorb some of the colonial era jathas into the dals?

If there was a sarbat Khalsa held by dal Khalsa to do this, if we are able to  get the Budha Dal leader to be respected again like Nawab Kapur Singh, Jassa Singh Ahluwalia and Akali Phoola Singh, then these jathe could be absorbed into Dal Khalsa and keep the anti-dasam views and corrupted maryadas in-check. Anyone unwilling to join  would be treated like maybe the Phulkian states, they were the ones who kept out of Dal Khalsa right? might have got the states wrong but I am sure there were some Singhs who didn't join Dal Khalsa during Misl era and Ranjit Singh kingdom era.

22 hours ago, Tamansingh123 said:

Search SGPCs budget. 

That is pretty crazy...but in reality its peanuts around $160 million...whereas check out the Christian Vatican, Muslim Jewish Hindus lobby therio in the BILLIONS....we need panthic Billionaires..

But the SGPC can still do alot even if they used a fraction of that in Punjab, help the shaheed families, pay for lawyers those stuck Sikhs Jail. the farmers an..end the Christian missionaries and list goes on...but they'll all corrupt ...even better if we had better leaders create a investment fund where we can multiply the money and use it for panthic causes..like Khalsa Investment etc

Either way, we should focus does in West become financially successful and creating a  lobby like rest have..money talks!

8 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

oh yes, and also I remember there was unification of Jathas under Nawab Kapur Singh, unification in Dal Khalsa and then split under Budha Dal and Tarna Dal. Do we need another reunification, maybe absorb some of the colonial era jathas into the dals?

If there was a sarbat Khalsa held by dal Khalsa to do this, if we are able to  get the Budha Dal leader to be respected again like Nawab Kapur Singh, Jassa Singh Ahluwalia and Akali Phoola Singh, then these jathe could be absorbed into Dal Khalsa and keep the anti-dasam views and corrupted maryadas in-check. Anyone unwilling to join  would be treated like maybe the Phulkian states, they were the ones who kept out of Dal Khalsa right? might have got the states wrong but I am sure there were some Singhs who didn't join Dal Khalsa during Misl era and Ranjit Singh kingdom era.

I believe reunification is essential. The thing about it is... I don't believe in the Singhs back in Panjab can do this. I think it evident that these guys are terrible leaders and planners (talking modern day) I feel like Sikhs in the West should first set up this sort of system, then India follows suit. I doubt the SGPC will give up its power. They have control of all the Panjab gurdwaras, and it's going to take a whole lot of morchas, even probably shaheedi down the line. SGPC has practically become the modern day equivalent of the Mahants. 

12 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

That is pretty crazy...but in reality its peanuts around $160 million...whereas check out the Christian Vatican, Muslim Jewish Hindus lobby therio in the BILLIONS....we need panthic Billionaires..

But the SGPC can still do alot even if they used a fraction of that in Punjab, help the shaheed families, pay for lawyers those stuck Sikhs Jail. the farmers an..end the Christian missionaries and list goes on...but they'll all corrupt ...even better if we had better leaders create a investment fund where we can multiply the money and use it for panthic causes..like Khalsa Investment etc

Either way, we should focus does in West become financially successful and creating a  lobby like rest have..money talks!

The SGPC budget is ALOT. They dont even show half of it cause they spend it all of themselves. Even if they used a bit of it, they could easily fix some of punjab. But obvously theyre not goung to because of the money hungry so called panthic leaders we have today

18 hours ago, Kaurr said:

The SGPC budget is ALOT. They dont even show half of it cause they spend it all of themselves. Even if they used a bit of it, they could easily fix some of punjab. But obvously theyre not goung to because of the money hungry so called panthic leaders we have today

The fact that these guys call themselves Khalsa is absolutely disgraceful. Running around with kirpans but got a whole langar belly hanging out, probably never trained a day in their lives. They pocket a lot of the money. Majority of it could be pumped into parchar, establishing educational centers, teaching ACTUAL martial arts within Gurdwaras like MMA or even Muay Thai.  Could be rebuilding the villages in Panjab. But no, they rather tear down historical places down in the name of "kar seva" No sort of common sense among them. I swear, put some of the guys out here in that position and see the changes happen.

On 8/9/2020 at 9:47 AM, ipledgeblue said:

In a modern day Singh Sabha movement, would the Dal Khalsa retake Akal Takht after being removed by the previous Singh Sabha which is now represented by SGPC? Would Dal Khalsa (budha dal tarna dal) be given more control like they had pre-colonial times?

Would we reintroduce more Dasam Granth readings which were stopped by previous Singh Sabha?

This would make sense if the Nihangs were not as corrupt and useless as the SGPC and Akalis have been. You are seeing today's Budha Dal as being the same as the Budha Dal of history which is clearly is not. In the 1980s it had a leader who was the chumcha of the Abdali of the 20th century. He allowed himself to be used to divide the Panth at the time when the Panth had just about acheived virtual unity. 

If you want some progress in the Panth, it will be have been Sikh youth who are passionate about Sikhi whether in India or the doaspora and not from corrupt organisations like SGPC and Budha Dal. If we only have say one Bhai Jagraj Singh in each village in Punjab, that would be enough to bring the Panth out of the black hole that the Akalis, SGPC and Budha Dal have put it in. 

On 8/8/2020 at 1:41 PM, Singh375 said:

There was a young boy who took Amrit, he’d attend gurdwara every evening wearing chola, dumalla with shastar and chakar, big kirpan over top and even bigger kirpan in his hand. One evening it was raining so I dropped him home, only a 10min journey but he had so many questions about simran. I went home thinking about arranging a time with him to sit down and discuss simran, but a strong feeling inside me kept saying no. So I kept watching him quietly. 5 years later he cut his hair, trimmed his beard, now posts videos on Instagram every night of getting drunk with ‘the boys’.

Can I give you a contary opinion? Maybe if you have bothered to sit with him and explain what Simran is and how to do it, he would have had the tools to counter the bad influence that he got under in later years. So you watched quietly for 5 YEARS while he slid down the slipperly slope and now you use the example of this poor child who in essence you failed in order to prove a point. That's really sad. 

On 8/8/2020 at 1:41 PM, Singh375 said:

I think it’s fair to say we could all benefit by increasing our time spent on simran ??

Apart from that poor kid I suppose. 

17 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

Christian missionaries, and muslims orgs are worldwide, hence its in billions. SGPC is in millions, it can atleast do something in north India