Sikhs ownership properties & assets in Lahore before partition

Kau89r8

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

That's all well and good but as I've said many times, in the modern age Demographics matter. If Sikhs+Hindus formed more than 50% of the population of Lahore then it would have gone to India but they didn't so that's that. Even in Amritsar Sikh + Hindus barely had a majority over muslims.

Furthermore in Pre Partition there were more muslims in East Punjab than there were Sikhs and Hindus in West Punjab. More of them had to migrate than we did.

I don't get this obsession with Lahore.

I'll say it again - Partition was brutal but in the long run it was good for us. I rate Jinnah for having the foresight in seeing that Muslims and non Muslims won't get along and that's been proven again and again.

That's not the whole picture. The demography was manipulated through organised raids and genocide by the Muslim League before Partition, masterminded by the British using Jinnah and Gandhi who were their stooges. 

Part of this plot included keeping Muslims in India, hence why we are facing so many problems with resources. They invariably need more and more due to their religious diktat on Ghazwe e Hind. Wake up.