story about a good friend of mine who we potentially have lost

Harditsingh

ok i will try to keep this as short as possible.

i wanted to get something off my chest and didnt know where to put it but here goes i wont mention names for privacy reason.

my friend we will call him S. I grew up in the same street as S. We were both punjabis and sikhs and our immediate neighbourhood had quite a few punjabis and whites. I met S well playing outside when i was around 10 or 11 during grade 6. his mom and my mom became immediate friends and we would hang out. when we turned 14 he was HEAVY into khalistan movement and loved our culture and religion. he would go Gurdwara and do seva regualry at Nagar kirtan etc. stayed away from smoking drinking and girls and was a very respectable guy. Even though he was a mona he loved our community. 

Something changed during the time we turned 17 after highschool we drifted apart but still kept in touch. He started hanging out with a different crowd. These guys werent punjabi but of another group and they got him into crime. From what I hear these guys mentally destroyed him and his self esteem. He never at the gurdwara doesn't go to nagar kirtans and cant remember last time hes even hung around us or even any other apneh for that matter, His mom cries every night and i still get calls here and there from her asking if ive seen him.  I know where he is and what hes up to but i dont want to cause his mom stress.

it just hurts me so much what happened to S and i know that if he didn't fall  in with these guys he wouldn't turn out this way. I feel guilty because before this time i got way into the negative side of punjabi culture like partying, girls bhangra etc S was never into these things and I guess he started feeling isolated because I admit we stopped calling /hanging out with him because he would just act awkward around girls and we drifted apart and thats when he started hanging with these guys

Agree with learningkaur....you should really try arrange a meeting to see him. He might be feeling guilty and his ego in his way for the wrong path hes fallen into.

Think of him as your brother/son.....tell him its okay you've fallen into wrong path but its not too late to turn around and ask Guru for forgiveness and get yourself on right track..Tell him him it not too late but one day it'll be too late if you cont down dangerous path...and those guys are just 'temp friends' and will ditch you once they done with you. 

The guys he hang out with from another faith...? (Halal) 

You'll be doing seva getting back to Sikhi ....at least try ...if he's doesn't' listen then thats his choice but at least you tried....

We dont want to lose more of our youngsters. There was one video of Granthi mentioning if ppl have fallen wrong path away from Sikhi, we shouldn't shun them its our duty for those who can to help them and bring them back. 

Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh
On 8/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, Kau89r8 said:

Agree with learningkaur....you should really try arrange a meeting to see him. He might be feeling guilty and his ego in his way for the wrong path hes fallen into.

Think of him as your brother/son.....tell him its okay you've fallen into wrong path but its not too late to turn around and ask Guru for forgiveness and get yourself on right track..Tell him him it not too late but one day it'll be too late if you cont down dangerous path...and those guys are just 'temp friends' and will ditch you once they done with you. 

The guys he hang out with from another faith...? (Halal) 

You'll be doing seva getting back to Sikhi ....at least try ...if he's doesn't' listen then thats his choice but at least you tried....

We dont want to lose more of our youngsters. There was one video of Granthi mentioning if ppl have fallen wrong path away from Sikhi, we shouldn't shun them its our duty for those who can to help them and bring them back. 

Simran Kaur. You may have come back here under a different name but your general unpadhness will follow you wherever you go. You will always be Simran from sikhsangat.com

On 8/12/2020 at 1:43 AM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh said:

Simran Kaur. You may have come back here under a different name but your general unpadhness will follow you wherever you go. You will always be Simran from sikhsangat.com

Im not 'Simran' and my name starts with M and this is my first and only account i joined this year (Ask mod for conf)

Who are you?!