Cousin wants to cut hair

Guest Singhm121

14 hours ago, Guest Shah jahan said:

You are talking plain s*** fo you even know the Sikh history? Why would you tell a Sikh to cut their hair if they want? Sikhi does not allow its followers to cut their hair, FULL STOP. He can cut his hair if he is planning to follow or look like sullehs or hindu pundits with bodhies and dhotties. Don’t bother to associate with Sikhi or Sikhs if he wanna go and cut his hair. Keep it!

Please re read my post. I never said to tell a Sikh to cut their hair. Your "straw-man" argument won't work here. I said what I meant, and my humble request is that you re-read it to see that he should encourage him to keep it, but not worry if he doesn't. No one should be forced to follow something they don't want to follow, (Guru Tegh Bahadur died for other's religious freedom) and people often come back even afterwards. Let others make their own choices and learn. They'll often see Guru was right all along.

Guest Shah jahan
3 hours ago, Fareed said:

Please re read my post. I never said to tell a Sikh to cut their hair. Your "straw-man" argument won't work here. I said what I meant, and my humble request is that you re-read it to see that he should encourage him to keep it, but not worry if he doesn't. No one should be forced to follow something they don't want to follow, (Guru Tegh Bahadur died for other's religious freedom) and people often come back even afterwards. Let others make their own choices and learn. They'll often see Guru was right all along.

No need to be so bolshie with me and learn to use “straw man” properly!  It is out of context in this particular argument.  I responded to what you wrote in the opening sentence  of your flapdoodle consisting of one short paragraph! I am not impressed at all. Read your opening line again. Of course Guru Tegh Bahadur died because of that one eyed monster Auroonga!  

If sullah religion was that liberal minded to ‘let others make their own choices and learn’ mindset, then tell us why are they so hell-bent on converting Hindustan into a soolu nation?  What happened? The Gurus were right that’s why they were driven out of the country.

On 8/22/2020 at 12:30 AM, Fareed said:

Honestly, if he wants to cut it then he should. You should try your best to inspire him to keep it, inspire him with the meaning of it. It may awaken something in him, but if it doesn't, then it doesn't. It's no big deal. He'll get it maybe next lifetime. There is no rush. We're playing an eternal game of love here. We all level up at our own pace. You can help other players, but ultimately they must play it themselves. This is between him and Guru Ji. No one can be forced to be a Sikh, no one can be forced to fall in love with the Guru so deeply that they decide to change their life and habits. Some of us do fall in love and leave our old self behind. It must be a natural thing that comes from the heart. He will learn on his own time. Go ahead and lead the horse to water, talk about the benefits. Whether or not he drinks is up to him. Don't stress over it. Maharajah has a plan and always has. It's in His hands. Everything that occurs is according to his hukam. Nothing is outside of his hukam. "Hukame antar sabh ko, bahare hukam na koi." Do what you can, encourage him to keep it, but don't stress over that which you can't control.  

Read your first line again.  As I said before, a Sikh is not allowed to cut his hair. How would it sound if you were to tell another Muslim it’s okay not to undergo circumcision but I will do my best to ‘inspire’ you with its meaning to have it, in the hope that it will awaken something in you? Well, if doesn’t, it won’t be a ‘big deal’ dear! You will get it in the next life and there is ‘no rush’ dearest!!!You are honestly a very lame person! So, Sikhi is only an ‘eternal game of love’ for you?  Do you even know what love is?  If not, let me give you a lesson in love now,!!!

It is obvious you know nothing about ‘eternal, game or love’  Love REQUIRES TOTAL HONESTY, LOYALTY, SINCERITY, PINING HEART OR LONGING 24/7, whether it is “eternal’ or NOT. Love is not love, WITHOUT THESE REQUIREMENTSTS!!  It most definitely NO A GAME EITHER!!!Do you hear me?

So, which game are you playing with the Guru? You are basically playing a fake man-made game and love is NEITHER FAKE OR  MAN-MADE!!  So long you understand all this!  

If you don’t even know what love is, how can you force it upon anyone else? The act of love, whether eternal or not, can only be carried out in this human body of ours. Have you ever seen ghosts or bodyless souls flying about proclaiming their love for God on the rooftops? I think not!

If that ‘no one’ wants to cut his hair, then that “no one” should also possess some decency not to call himself a Sikh. Not to associate with other Sikhs that wear long hair. May be, this  “no one”  should associate himself with sullehs or Hindus, and wear a bodhi and a dhotti and be circumcised!!

You are obviously not a Sikh, are you? If you were a Sikh you would be stressing how important it is not to cut his hair! You would be thoroughly stressed out at hearing about this persons’s intentions of doing what he wants to do. So, obviously you are encouraging him to cut his hair because you are not bothered. You ain’t bothered if Sikhs obey their Gurus or not! Typical sullah!  

Tell him that it’s Gurus hukam to all persons that identify themselves with Sikhi NEVER TO CUT THEIR HAIR! How we know this? We know this because if it wasn’t his hukam, he would have taken birth as an Afghanistani, pathaan da putt or some bodhi and dhotti wale’s aulaad!  If you call yourself a Sikh then take it from me that Guru’s hukam for you too,  is to force him not to cut his hair. His hukam for you is NOT to mislead him but to bring him back to the Sikh life!  

Don’t forget your hukam as a Sikh!

On 8/29/2020 at 9:07 AM, Fareed said:

Encouragement is indeed important, and force is never good. That I completely agree.

However, you would never encourage a Sikh to cut their hair if they didn't feel like keeping it. Would you "encourage" a Muslim to drink alcohol, listen to music, eat pork, and convert to another religion if he so felt like it? No one in their right mind would. I'm not saying that you've said this, however, it's important not to come across as being "okay" with it.

Hope this helps??

11 hours ago, Koi said:

Encouragement is indeed important, and force is never good. That I completely agree.

However, you would never encourage a Sikh to cut their hair if they didn't feel like keeping it. Would you "encourage" a Muslim to drink alcohol, listen to music, eat pork, and convert to another religion if he so felt like it? No one in their right mind would. I'm not saying that you've said this, however, it's important not to come across as being "okay" with it.

Hope this helps??

I mostly agree with you. I never said to encourage him to cut it. I specifically said to encourage him to keep it. But if he wants to, he should. It isn't up to us to label him as Sikh and expect Sikhi out of him if he doesn't feel that way internally and doesn't identify as a true Sikh in his heart. Simply because he is Punjabi and grew up in a family like that doesn't mean he is Sikh. Him keeping his hair because he cannot imagine living without it, because of his own undying love for Guru Ji, this is what makes him a Sikh. Not our expectations and labels that we force upon him. I would not encourage a Muslim to drink or eat pork, but lets just say because they a happen to be Arab I judge them for not being a good Muslim when in their own heart they don't even truly identify themselves with that faith and could care less about it's rules. Waheguru guides us all. He shows us the path but eventually we must walk it. We cannot force others to do so, and judging them would not entice them either. When someone makes a choice that we don't agree with, we have to be ok with it (in most reasonable circumstances) because this is what love and acceptance is. We must be patient with others because Waheguru has been so patient with us and all our mistakes, forgiving and giving countless second chances. Kesh is between that person and Guru. We have no final say or final judgement. We need to stop acting like we do.

Thank you for understanding what I was trying to say and being so respectful in your reply. I agree with almost all of what you said, and I'm not saying I'm correct. This is just my own opinion based off what I know. I appreciate your politeness and insight, as well as your Muslim analogy. It really made me think harder about this. Thank you