What does death feel like?

puzzled

Iv listened to Sulimans tapes. He seemed really lonely and sad. He said they scavage on dead animals and rot. 

If I remember correctly I think he said people who commit suicide become ghosts. Why is it wrong to take your own life? If someone is fed up and just wants to go then why is it wrong? Also what if someone is suffering from a painful illness and a slow death then why is it wrong for them to get a family member to assist them with death?

How can suicide be against gods will when everything we do is under gods will? 

My mum works in a hospital and sees a lot of death. It's hard to translate it into English but she says how sometimes the old man/woman are on their death bed but death doesnt come, they are dying but death isnt coming, they are on the fence, so because of this they wail in pain, throwing their hands in the air, twisting their bodies, making noises, but death just doesnt come, it's like they are hanging on, trying to let go but they just cant let go. She said this continues for a week or longer sometimes. Their families can't do much so they get a tape of naam simran and put that on next to the dying relatives bed. They really suffer, throw their legs and arms into the air, scream and shout, make noises and it goes on and on but death doesnt come It instead leaves them hanging. And then eventually they die after a few days or longer. 

I mean it sounds like excruciating pain/suffering! 

My nani passed away a few years ago, she died in my nanas arms. He said she woke him up in the middle of the night and said that her throat is feeling dry and that she wants to drink milk, my nana then went to get some milk, she drank it, gave him the empty cup and then just fell into his arms, and that was it...   no pain, no suffering,  she just felt her throat feeling dry. 

It's different for different people.

20 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Iv listened to Sulimans tapes. He seemed really lonely and sad. He said they scavage on dead animals and rot. 

If I remember correctly I think he said people who commit suicide become ghosts. Why is it wrong to take your own life? If someone is fed up and just wants to go then why is it wrong? Also what if someone is suffering from a painful illness and a slow death then why is it wrong for them to get a family member to assist them with death?

My mum works in a hospital and sees a lot of death. It's hard to translate it into English but she says how sometimes the old man/woman are on their death bed but death doesnt come, they are dying but death isnt coming, they are on the fence, so because of this they wail in pain, throwing their hands in the air, twisting their bodies, making noises, but death just doesnt come, it's like they are hanging on, trying to let go but they just cant let go. She said this continues for a week or longer sometimes. Their families can't do much so they get a tape of naam simran and put that on next to the dying relatives bed. They really suffer, throw their legs and arms into the air, scream and shout, make noises and it goes on and on but death doesnt come It instead leaves them hanging. And then eventually they die after a few days or longer. 

I mean it sounds like excruciating pain/suffering! 

My nani passed away a few years ago, she died in my nanas arms. He said she woke him up in the middle of the night and said that her throat is feeling dry and that she wants to drink milk, my nana then went to get some milk, she drank it, gave him the empty cup and then just fell into his arms, and that was it...   no pain, no suffering,  she just felt her throat feeling dry. 

It's different for different people.

Because nothing is yours, your body was given to you, your mind was given to you, your joyt was given to you, heck even your name was given to you, if you really think about what is really yours? Even your worldy treasures, they are not yours either cant take them with you after you die,  so how can you take the life of something that is not yours?

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

Cause they're suffering. They're old and are filled with illness and want to go but can't go because they've still got some time left.

6 hours ago, puzzled said:

Do you feel anything? 

My mum once told me it feels like soul is literally coming out your body (extremely painful) for people that do a lot of paath. For those who have met with waheguru, they don't experiance any pain.

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

If someone is fed up, they should turn to waheguru, not take their own lives. I think that is where it is wrong. Assisted suicide is complicated. I personally am not against it. But, if you have done enough naam simran, then they don't suffer.

I don't remember about listening the becoming ghost part after commiting suicide but I could have forgotten. This is what it says in sggs:

http://beta.igurbani.com/shabad/2012?verseId=23533

I can't get the shabad up here but here's the meanings:

Goojaree:

At the very last moment, one who thinks of wealth, and dies in such thoughts,

Shall be reincarnated over and over again, in the form of serpents. ||1||

O sister, do not forget the Name of the Lord of the Universe. ||Pause||

At the very last moment, he who thinks of women, and dies in such thoughts,

Shall be reincarnated over and over again as a prostitute. ||2||

At the very last moment, one who thinks of his children, and dies in such thoughts,

Shall be reincarnated over and over again as a pig. ||3||

At the very last moment, one who thinks of mansions, and dies in such thoughts,

Shall be reincarnated over and over again as a goblin. ||4||

At the very last moment, one who thinks of the Lord, and dies in such thoughts,

Says Trilochan, that man shall be liberated; the Lord shall abide in his heart. ||5||2||

Governments want to push this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51620021

Canada opens door to expanding assisted dying

24 February 2020

Politicians will be asked to support changing the law to allow assisted dying

The Canadian government has put forward a bill to make medically-assisted death available to people who are not terminally ill.

The bill opens the door to allowing Canadians with degenerative illnesses like cerebral palsy to seek medically-assisted death.

Health minister Patty Hajdu said the proposal would protect vulnerable people while giving Canadians autonomy.

It was introduced in parliament on Monday and has cross-party support.

The legislation was precipitated by a 2019 Quebec Superior Court decision that struck down the requirement for patients to prove their natural death was "reasonably foreseeable" in order to seek to terminate their life.

Justice Christine Baudouin said the requirement infringed on the "life, liberty and security of the person" and was thus unconstitutional.

She sided with the plaintiffs, Nicole Gladu, 74, and Jean Truchon, 51, in the high profile case last autumn.

Both plaintiffs had degenerative illnesses that had worsened to the point that they had lost all their autonomy. They experienced persistent and irremediable suffering, their lawyer Jean-Pierre Ménard argued.

Mr Truchon had cerebral palsy, and Ms Gladu had post-polio syndrome, and both wanted medical assistance to end their lives.

However, advocates for people with disabilities, including the Council of Canadians with Disabilities, have said the court decision sent the message that "having a disability is a fate worse than death".

They urged the government to appeal the Quebec court ruling, which it declined to do.

On Monday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's Liberal government brought forward the assisted death bill.

It would create a two-track system for determining a person's eligibility. One track for people who are terminally ill, and one track for people who are not.

Patients in both tracks must prove they are facing "intolerable" suffering.

The bill would explicitly exclude eligibility for individuals suffering solely from mental illness.

The minority government will need the support of parliamentarians from other parties to pass the bill. NDP leader Jagmeet Singh has previously signalled support for expanding assisted dying.

Should people with a mental illness be helped to die?

Canada made medically-assisted death legal in September 2016, becoming one of the few places in the world where it is legal to help sick people die.

More than 13,000 Canadians have been given a medically-assisted death, according to data provide by the justice department. Two-thirds of patients receiving an assisted death cited cancer as the underlying reason, followed by neurological conditions and cardiovascular or respiratory conditions.

Wife's 'awful' journey to husband's assisted death

Legalising assisted dying could 'put vulnerable at risk'

Medically assisted deaths counted for 1.89% of all deaths in Canada in 2019.

The bill's proposed changes also ease some safeguards previously put in place for people who are terminally ill, such as allowing advanced consent for people who are dying but may lose capacity for consent.

Under Canadian law, patients with diseases like dementia were eligible for a medically assisted death, but had to have it administered before they lost their capacity to legally give their consent.

The government said this criteria led people to end their lives earlier, "robbing them of time".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-51837337

Assisted dying law 'lacks compassion', Lord Falconer says

16 March 2020

Lord Falconer attempted to legalise euthanasia by proposing an Assisted Dying Bill in 2013

A terminally ill man who campaigned to change the law on assisted dying has won the support of the former head of the judiciary.

Phil Newby, 49, from Rutland, was diagnosed with motor neurone disease in 2014 and cannot walk or use his hands.

He lost a High Court case to legalise assisted dying last year and his appeal for a judicial review was also refused.

Lord Falconer, Lord Chancellor in Tony Blair's Cabinet, said the law lacked compassion and needed urgent change.

Assisting a suicide is a crime England and Wales, punishable by up to 14 years in jail.

Lord Falconer, a Labour peer, who also served as solicitor general and was the first secretary of state for justice, attempted to legalise euthanasia in 2013 by proposing an Assisted Dying Bill for people with less than six months to live.

It was rejected in the House of Commons.

"The law is an absolute mess and totally lacks compassion," he said in support of Mr Newby.

"It is so urgently time for a change."

Phil Newby took his campaign for an assisted dying law to the High Court

Parts of the US, Canada and Australia have legalised assisted dying and Mr Newby wants UK judges to examine evidence from these countries.

"I'd like to see a law for what I would call people like me, people with a terminal and incurable illness who are nearing the end of their lives or incurably suffering and in constant pain."

But Dr Mark Houghton, a retired GP whose own chronic pain left him contemplating ending his life, said he believed the current law protected people.

"We don't need to end life early, we just don't need to," he said.

"There's always hard cases but hard cases make dreadful law."

5 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Governments want to push this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51620021

Canada opens door to expanding assisted dying

24 February 2020

Politicians will be asked to support changing the law to allow assisted dying

The Canadian government has put forward a bill to make medically-assisted death available to people who are not terminally ill.

The bill opens the door to allowing Canadians with degenerative illnesses like cerebral palsy to seek medically-assisted death.

Health minister Patty Hajdu said the proposal would protect vulnerable people while giving Canadians autonomy.

It was introduced in parliament on Monday and has cross-party support.

The legislation was precipitated by a 2019 Quebec Superior Court decision that struck down the requirement for patients to prove their natural death was "reasonably foreseeable" in order to seek to terminate their life.

Justice Christine Baudouin said the requirement infringed on the "life, liberty and security of the person" and was thus unconstitutional.

She sided with the plaintiffs, Nicole Gladu, 74, and Jean Truchon, 51, in the high profile case last autumn.

Both plaintiffs had degenerative illnesses that had worsened to the point that they had lost all their autonomy. They experienced persistent and irremediable suffering, their lawyer Jean-Pierre Ménard argued.

Mr Truchon had cerebral palsy, and Ms Gladu had post-polio syndrome, and both wanted medical assistance to end their lives.

However, advocates for people with disabilities, including the Council of Canadians with Disabilities, have said the court decision sent the message that "having a disability is a fate worse than death".

They urged the government to appeal the Quebec court ruling, which it declined to do.

On Monday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's Liberal government brought forward the assisted death bill.

It would create a two-track system for determining a person's eligibility. One track for people who are terminally ill, and one track for people who are not.

Patients in both tracks must prove they are facing "intolerable" suffering.

The bill would explicitly exclude eligibility for individuals suffering solely from mental illness.

The minority government will need the support of parliamentarians from other parties to pass the bill. NDP leader Jagmeet Singh has previously signalled support for expanding assisted dying.

Should people with a mental illness be helped to die?

Canada made medically-assisted death legal in September 2016, becoming one of the few places in the world where it is legal to help sick people die.

More than 13,000 Canadians have been given a medically-assisted death, according to data provide by the justice department. Two-thirds of patients receiving an assisted death cited cancer as the underlying reason, followed by neurological conditions and cardiovascular or respiratory conditions.

Wife's 'awful' journey to husband's assisted death

Legalising assisted dying could 'put vulnerable at risk'

Medically assisted deaths counted for 1.89% of all deaths in Canada in 2019.

The bill's proposed changes also ease some safeguards previously put in place for people who are terminally ill, such as allowing advanced consent for people who are dying but may lose capacity for consent.

Under Canadian law, patients with diseases like dementia were eligible for a medically assisted death, but had to have it administered before they lost their capacity to legally give their consent.

The government said this criteria led people to end their lives earlier, "robbing them of time".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-51837337

Assisted dying law 'lacks compassion', Lord Falconer says

16 March 2020

Lord Falconer attempted to legalise euthanasia by proposing an Assisted Dying Bill in 2013

A terminally ill man who campaigned to change the law on assisted dying has won the support of the former head of the judiciary.

Phil Newby, 49, from Rutland, was diagnosed with motor neurone disease in 2014 and cannot walk or use his hands.

He lost a High Court case to legalise assisted dying last year and his appeal for a judicial review was also refused.

Lord Falconer, Lord Chancellor in Tony Blair's Cabinet, said the law lacked compassion and needed urgent change.

Assisting a suicide is a crime England and Wales, punishable by up to 14 years in jail.

Lord Falconer, a Labour peer, who also served as solicitor general and was the first secretary of state for justice, attempted to legalise euthanasia in 2013 by proposing an Assisted Dying Bill for people with less than six months to live.

It was rejected in the House of Commons.

"The law is an absolute mess and totally lacks compassion," he said in support of Mr Newby.

"It is so urgently time for a change."

Phil Newby took his campaign for an assisted dying law to the High Court

Parts of the US, Canada and Australia have legalised assisted dying and Mr Newby wants UK judges to examine evidence from these countries.

"I'd like to see a law for what I would call people like me, people with a terminal and incurable illness who are nearing the end of their lives or incurably suffering and in constant pain."

But Dr Mark Houghton, a retired GP whose own chronic pain left him contemplating ending his life, said he believed the current law protected people.

"We don't need to end life early, we just don't need to," he said.

"There's always hard cases but hard cases make dreadful law."

this out of the nazi playbook , get rid of disabled , old , mentally incapable  just tied up in pretty images of compassion...