What does death feel like?

puzzled

20 hours ago, puzzled said:

Do you feel anything? 

No idea, none of us will know until get there. I've lost a fair few people close to me over the years, my Grandmother passed away recently, her last request was to pass away at home, she hated hospitals, so we bought her home and she passed away in her own bed about 15 hours later, whether she was in pain or not in the traditional sense i can't say, she was unconscious while we watched her breathing slow.

On the opposite end was my Mother-in-law, she passed away a few years ago from cancer, she was in the most horrendous pain to a point where even the painkillers didn't help, she was asking for death, the doctors had to give her a tonne of morphine which helped her sleep and then she went down hill really fast until she passed away.

My grandad dies instantly from a heart attack so he would have felt an enormous amount of pain, I lost my brother many many years ago, he was on a ventilator in an induced coma for 2 weeks, he was pretty much brain dead so he couldn't have felt pain according to the doctors.

I guess i'm rambling on a bit, point is, we like to tell ourselves "They passed away peacefully" so we can cope but we'll never really know the pain someone goes through when they pass away, i think it would be too much for us to cope with if we knew, as already mentioned, it's  different for different people, i think the lucky ones just get taken instantly so if there is pain it's immediate, those unfortunate of will have it dragged out and maybe make it all the more painful.

all the responses on this thread make me feel like going amrit chhak as soon as possible

death is very humbling aspect of life

and also a very dreadful one. even more dreadful is cycle of births and deaths