Baba Vadbhag Singh

Guest Learner Sikh

Guest Learner Sikh

What do you guys think about Baba Vadbhag Singh.  I heard he was excommunicated by the Dal Khalda for doing alot of bhoot exorcism.  His dera in Mairi is pretty popular, thousands come from Punjab to get cured.  I heard conflicting stories.  Some say he was bad, some say he was good.  What do you guys think.

https://youtu.be/I3YfGs2oscA

Baba Vadbagh Singh ji was a warrior and faught against Abdalis forces, but he decided to leave warfare and focus on bhagti and went high up in the mountains. The mountains in India have dense forests, even today if you go to Himichal you will notice a lot of forests. While up in the mountains Baba Vadbagh Singh got rid of a lot of demons and evil spirits that were haunting the area and the people. 

Today there is a lot of anti gurmat stuff happening at his Gurdwara, but that doesnt mean he did that stuff ... 

A lot of gurdware have been taken over like this...

Guest Learner Sikh
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Baba Vadbagh Singh ji was a warrior and faught against Abdalis forces, but he decided to leave warfare and focus on bhagti and went high up in the mountains. The mountains in India have dense forests, even today if you go to Himichal you will notice a lot of forests. While up in the mountains Baba Vadbagh Singh got rid of a lot of demons and evil spirits that were haunting the area and the people. 

Today there is a lot of anti gurmat stuff happening at his Gurdwara, but that doesnt mean he did that stuff ... 

A lot of gurdware have been taken over like this...

Interesting.  I heard alot of parcharaks say bad stuff, like he abandoned the khalsa and was excommunicated by the Dal Khalsa.  There is alot of manmat at his dera.  His followers call him Sodhi Satguru jee and there is a dholi dhaur where people wait for hours to get the bhoot removed by nahar singh.

Who is nahar singh anyway? He is depicted with two horns and Baba Vadbhag Singh forgave him for terrorizing villagers.  Is he a mythological character or a real person?

17 hours ago, Guest Learner Sikh said:

Interesting.  I heard alot of parcharaks say bad stuff, like he abandoned the khalsa and was excommunicated by the Dal Khalsa.  There is alot of manmat at his dera.  His followers call him Sodhi Satguru jee and there is a dholi dhaur where people wait for hours to get the bhoot removed by nahar singh.

Who is nahar singh anyway? He is depicted with two horns and Baba Vadbhag Singh forgave him for terrorizing villagers.  Is he a mythological character or a real person?

I don't know about that, I have no idea who Nahar Singh was. But yes iv been to his Gurdwara dera sahib and there was a lot of anti gurmat stuff happening there, but like i said that doesn't mean he himself promoted that stuff. The Gurdwara sahib has Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj.

I'm not sure if Dal Khalsa excommunicated him or not. Perhaps puratan granths like Panth Prakash might mention something ... 

Guest Learner Sikh

I remember listening to a katha by Gyani Thakur Singh, Sant Kartar Singh, and Sant Jarnail Singh, all have said that Vadbhag Singh ran into the hills after he got scared fighting the mughals.  He established his dera in mairi and started exorcism.  All of them said that no Sikh should go to the dera of vadbhag singh.  

On 9/6/2020 at 7:30 PM, Guest Learner Sikh said:

I remember listening to a katha by Gyani Thakur Singh, Sant Kartar Singh, and Sant Jarnail Singh, all have said that Vadbhag Singh ran into the hills after he got scared fighting the mughals.  He established his dera in mairi and started exorcism.  All of them said that no Sikh should go to the dera of vadbhag singh.  

I heard this as well. Sant Kartar Singh says those who do Nitnem don’t need to go to his Dera.