Latest BS from twitter - defending sex workers!

Kau89r8

2 minutes ago, DailyMail said:

You mean have hair cuts and wear turbans? Really? I've literally never seen a single case. That's for your Sukshinder Shinda's, Diljit Dosanjh's of this world - and their certainly not from Nairobi. More importantly, the rural Sikhs are doing this in 2020 - not in 1955. Why? 

Yes we know many East Africans trim their beards - entirely wrong of course. But no headteacher or employer refused admission/employment based on beard length. It was the turban that was always the issue.

East African Sikhs arriving from mid-60's seemed to have little issue obtaining jobs while keeping the turban whilst a Sikh from rural Punjab arriving at the same time would consider it almost obligatory to cut his hair and blame British employers. I'm not saying there weren't any issues but we've overlooked language barriers and skill-level when looking at the turban case.

I have a few dear uncles who do that.

The East African being educated and higher up the social hierarchy understood the system far better than the rural Sikhs. 

1 hour ago, californiasardar1 said:

You are absolutely right in making these points. I can only speak for myself, but I should have been more clear that the "westernization" that the East African Sikhs brought, in my opinion, had to do with women behaving less "traditionally" than they might in families that recently arrived from Punjabi pinds. I apologize for my mistake.

But you are right, "rural" (I'm using the term "rural" to stand in for  something else, but I'm sure you know what I mean) Sikhs are absolutely pathetic when it comes to keeping kesh. I say this as someone who comes from precisely this background.

I'm not holding any other group responsible for "corrupting" rural Sikhs. As we see in modern day Punjab, rural Sikhs are quite adept at corrupting themselves. I just was noting how the further the time-distance from India, the further various Sikh communities have moved from traditional Punjabi cultural practices in various ways.

That's all good and I agree with you entirely regards to the women being less traditional. However, being "twice immigrants" it's not a surprise. Today we see the same rural Sikhs, some have barely seen Chandigarh and they've changed their appearance sitting in the pind.

2 hours ago, DailyMail said:

It's a strange discussion thread.

The East African Sikhs are being called out as being too "westernised" and are held somehow largely responsible for corrupting rural Sikhs.

However, as the world knows, it was the same East African Sikhs who spearheaded the turban campaigns in the late '70's - early 80's all the way to the House of Lords to ensure we can wear turbans in schools and lets be honest, as part of any uniform (because had they lost the legal fight then other institutions would have implemented no turban policy too).

All this whilst these rural Sikhs from India were busy sitting in pubs with haircuts - maybe the East Africans weren't so bad after all?!

I think it's just normal pendu tactics, continually blame everyone else in the hope that your own contribution to problems will remain concealed.  

5 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Just another note, it is not only the Generation X, it is also the latter end of the Boomer generation that is impacted by this.

It was the latter Boomers were it started from and these aren't always people who came from Punjab. Some of these guys are from East Africa, Singapore/Malaysia. 

I was talking to some apnay guys from Malaysia, they told me that getting taken to hookers (by your own elders!) upon reaching a certain age to lose your virginity wasn't uncommon there. Those guys families had been over there for many generations - from the late 1800s. 

Whatever people might say about generation X, boomers and millennials seem like outright whitewashed pajamay. If challenging situations help develop character - then these lot are missing a lot of that. 

9 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I was talking to some apnay guys from Malaysia, they told me that getting taken to hookers (by your own elders!) upon reaching a certain age to lose your virginity wasn't uncommon there. Those guys families had been over there for many generations - from the late 1800s. 

Whatever people might say about generation X, boomers and millennials seem like outright whitewashed pajamay. If challenging situations help develop character - then these lot are missing a lot of that. 

sounds like they took cues from muslim majority there because I've never heard any of our people having this cultural ish

2 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

sounds like they took cues from muslim majority there because I've never heard any of our people having this cultural ish

That's because you maybe haven't realised that apnay blokes usually act very differently in front of women, than when they are just around each other. 

I mean when you're around pendus, as soon as the women are out of earshot the swearing levels and sexual jokes shoot right up! lol 

If rural people have had no problem buying girls for brides in the past (from wandering gypsies), what makes you think they wouldn't use hookers? Some do, they just aren't as open about it as sullay are. 

13 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

That's because you maybe haven't realised that apnay blokes usually act very differently in front of women, than when they are just around each other. 

I mean when you're around pendus, as soon as the women are out of earshot the swearing levels and sexual jokes shoot right up! lol 

If rural people have had no problem buying girls for brides in the past (from wandering gypsies), what makes you think they wouldn't use hookers? Some do, they just aren't as open about it as sullay are. 

by apnay i assume you mean punjabis vs sikhs.

57 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

That's not right. Rural Sikhs are the ones who've normalised the drink/bhangra paaing culture throughout the panth. Also drug taking has a long history in this section of the quom. This is from 124 years ago:

But east african sikhs are coconuts, drugs and alcohol exist in every part of the world and have existed and will always exist. 

East African sikhs are the biggest coconuts out there! 

Whether if they became coconuts in africa or arriving in the west  I dont know ... 

Talking to an east African sikh young person feels like talking to someone from a completely different culture.