Latest BS from twitter - defending sex workers!

Kau89r8

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

That is because they make up the bulk of Sikhs in those places.

That is the PC culture of the west coast for you.

yes so it seems rather then a city or rural thing this could possibly be a result of living in the west for a couple of generations? most rural background ppl  i know in real life who r first generation are alot more well rounded and have there head on there shoulder but after a few generations there is a greater risk of being gorafied 

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

In one of my original posts I mentioned that it impacted both rural Sikhs and urban Sikhs. 

It probably impacted Urban Sikhs more quickly than rural Sikhs because they had better education and command of English and were able to fit in better but with that comes other caveats. 

But of course, if you live in an area for multiple generations, your descendents are going to be more adapted into the culture and environment that you are going to live in and you are going to pick up habits of the host community. 

The habits from your Punjab you retain are going to be from when you left.

Many years ago when I was visiting Canada, a bunch of relatives was watching a wedding from UK. They were laughing at some of the traditions because these Sikhs from Canada were more recent arrivals and there are traditions that are not done anymore. 

That is one of things people tend to forget,  Punjab has changed.

A Sikh in Malaysia retains Punjabi culture from 1905 which a Sikh who has moved to Australia in 2009 from Punjab will find old and quaint. 

There are a whole heap of factors to take into consideration and there are other dynamics at play.

within the old and quaint is counted sikh values which are supposed to be central to life like keeping kesh , wearing dastar, doing paat daily including monthly sehaj paat , visiting Gurdwara daily , learning to do kirtan properly with raag

9 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

within the old and quaint is counted sikh values which are supposed to be central to life like keeping kesh , wearing dastar, doing paat daily including monthly sehaj paat , visiting Gurdwara daily , learning to do kirtan properly with raag

This is one of the things these "modern " types don't realise. 

Modernity lacks structure and discipline. Doing paat daily, going to gurdwara daily brings structure, discipline and good routine. 

Doing these things brings real freedom.

It frees you from things that you don't need.

Modern people who are into hedonist life and uber material life are trapped in their maya. They are not free. 

1 minute ago, Ranjeet01 said:

This is one of the things these "modern " types don't realise. 

Modernity lacks structure and discipline. Doing paat daily, going to gurdwara daily brings structure, discipline and good routine. 

Doing these things brings real freedom.

It frees you from things that you don't need.

Modern people who are into hedonist life and uber material life are trapped in their maya. They are not free. 

they seriously need to read brave new world to realise just how they are being manipulated for the coming totalitarian regimes , else they'll lose all true freedoms and rights (over own body, children, movement, life)

6 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

they seriously need to read brave new world to realise just how they are being manipulated for the coming totalitarian regimes , else they'll lose all true freedoms and rights (over own body, children, movement, life)

You see it, I see it, other posters on this forum can see what is happening.

No matter how much you try to warn people, they won't listen.

It becomes like triage. You can help to save the ones you can and the let go of the ones you cannot. 

Realistically speaking from them peoples point of view, how relevant and appealing is god and religion in today's time? Obviously it's different for us, but for vast majority, why would they find God and the rules of religion appealing when they are living the whole yolo lifestyle. Why give up party, s3x and alcohol and everything else that is pleasing and pleasurable to the senses, for a lifestyle of strict rules and refraining from everything "fun" and that the senses enjoy. 

It's easy to say that these people should stop it, but why would they lol! ? 

On 9/9/2020 at 11:41 AM, puzzled said:

Realistically speaking from them peoples point of view, how relevant and appealing is god and religion in today's time? Obviously it's different for us, but for vast majority, why would they find God and the rules of religion appealing when they are living the whole yolo lifestyle. Why give up party, s3x and alcohol and everything else that is pleasing and pleasurable to the senses, for a lifestyle of strict rules and refraining from everything "fun" and that the senses enjoy. 

It's easy to say that these people should stop it, but why would they lol! ? 

People are starting to. There are people out there who do it so much and fall down that spiral (alcohol, drugs, sleeping around etc) and when they’ve gone so deep and almost lose it, they begin to walk to towards the light- rising from the dark hell they create for themselves. They realise that life isn’t what the media says it is. It’s like being in hell and seeing a tiny ray of light and grabbing it for dear life.

You see it with alcoholics. I know people who have battled alcoholism, (mostly from influence of Punjabi alcohol culture) have almost died from it, and now live a Sikh lifestyle. People I would never have ever imagined would pick up a Gutka or do naam simran. 

Dont forget that Guru Nanak taught a lot of people who had fallen deep into Maya. Sajjan Thug and the like. He didn’t judge, he guided and taught by example. And many people recognized the Truth he lived and wanted to live it too.