Latest BS from twitter - defending sex workers!

Kau89r8

1 hour ago, DailyMail said:

That's all good and I agree with you entirely regards to the women being less traditional. However, being "twice immigrants" it's not a surprise. Today we see the same rural Sikhs, some have barely seen Chandigarh and they've changed their appearance sitting in the pind.

You are right.

My comparison really pertain to families in America whose parents left rural Punjab between the 1970s-early 2000s (but mostly from the late 1980s on) vs. families in the UK whose grandparents or great grandparents left rural Punjab in the 1950s-60s or whose parents or grandparents left East Africa in the 1960s-70s. In this comparison, the relatively recent rural roots of the American families preserved some more traditional/conservative aspects of Punjabi culture.

But in the last 10-20 years, rural Sikhs sitting in India have been moving away from traditional Punjabi culture at a highly accelerated rate. Today's Punjabis will run as fast as they can towards anything that they perceive to be western or (to use the word that they constantly use and abuse) "modern." I doubt that people who have arrived from Punjab in the last 10 years will be raising their kids in traditional environments.

1 hour ago, DailyMail said:

You mean have hair cuts and wear turbans? Really? I've literally never seen a single case. That's for your Sukshinder Shinda's, Diljit Dosanjh's of this world - and their certainly not from Nairobi. More importantly, the rural Sikhs are doing this in 2020 - not in 1955. Why? 

Yes we know many East Africans trim their beards - entirely wrong of course. But no headteacher or employer refused admission/employment based on beard length. It was the turban that was always the issue.

East African Sikhs arriving from mid-60's seemed to have little issue obtaining jobs while keeping the turban whilst a Sikh from rural Punjab arriving at the same time would consider it almost obligatory to cut his hair and blame British employers. I'm not saying there weren't any issues but we've overlooked language barriers and skill-level when looking at the turban case.

You are right that early rural Punjabi immigrants made the turban out to be a much bigger hurdle to obtaining employment than it actually was. I don't have much sympathy for their decisions to cut their kesh.

But look how far we have fallen: at least the early Sikh immigrants had some excuse they could point to and some of them legitimately felt bad to have discarded their kesh. Today's pathetic Sikhs sitting in Punjab discard their kesh routinely WITHOUT ANY EXCUSE. And they don't feel any sense of shame for having done so. They are always ready to try to justify themselves.

7 minutes ago, puzzled said:

But east african sikhs are coconuts, drugs and alcohol exist in every part of the world and have existed and will always exist. 

East African sikhs are the biggest coconuts out there! 

Whether if they became coconuts in africa or arriving in the west  I dont know ... 

Talking to an east African sikh young person feels like talking to someone from a completely different culture. 

I'd say juts in general are the biggest arse-lickers of goray that (possibly?) ever existed. I mean they even made a reputation of being docile loyal sepoys for themselves, and blindly trusted goray so much that these guys walked them into the mass murder and rape of partition - and they still haven't called out goray for that to this day - how much more dumb can you get?  

But I totally agree that E. African Sikhs seem like they are from some other planet for Panjabi Sikhs. And that isn't just based around caste - jut east Africans seem as weird as the tarkhan ones to me.  

14 minutes ago, puzzled said:

drugs and alcohol exist in every part of the world and have existed and will always exist. 

I know, but drinking seems to be an integral part of jutt culture which has spread outwards. 

The drug taking (opium and cannabis use) may well have had some original medicinal purpose in Panjabi culture, as well being used as a tool to increase stamina (however this has morphed today), but drinking and jut culture are deeply intertwined. 

'Kaahn bukray, peen sharaaban; putt juttaan dey' as the well known saying goes. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I was talking to some apnay guys from Malaysia, they told me that getting taken to hookers (by your own elders!) upon reaching a certain age to lose your virginity wasn't uncommon there. Those guys families had been over there for many generations - from the late 1800s. 

Whatever people might say about generation X, boomers and millennials seem like outright whitewashed pajamay. If challenging situations help develop character - then these lot are missing a lot of that. 

Far East has a lot of hookers, (some of them men but you'd think they are women).

But those Malaysian Sikhs are pulling your leg and you fell for it!??

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I'd say juts in general are the biggest arse-lickers of goray that (possibly?) ever existed. I mean they even made a reputation of being docile loyal sepoys for themselves, and blindly trusted goray so much that these guys walked them into the mass murder and rape of partition - and they still haven't called out goray for that to this day - how much more dumb can you get?  

Partition was the best thing to happen to Sikhs,  and it was the very weapons that they had obtained while working in the army that became useful in defending the community against muslim mobs during the partition. Had sikhs not joined the army, obtained weapons and learnt to fight, then I doubt a 5% of Sikhs would of been able to defend the community during the slaughter of the partition. 

British sources that you love reading even mention how sikhs slaughtered the muslims with the weapons they kept on after the war. 

These same people managed to drive out, and slaughter 70% Muslim population in places like Doaba. I have relatives that witnessed a tiny minority of sikhs murdering and driving out muslims from muslim majority areas. 

Had these Sikhs not joined the army, kept weapons then a couple of more million sikhs would of died

Everything happens for a reason 

Tarkhans from punjab are fine, it's the ones from Kenya that have a constant " I love borris Johnson" look on their face. 

British born children of rural sikhs are the only hope for sikhi in the uk, as majority of the young people in their 20s and teens that are keeping their kesh and taking amrit are actually from jatt background, which is great.

As for kenyan sikh youth they are too whitewashed and too fixed with their boat shaped hat on their heads and chin strap beard appearance. 

29 minutes ago, puzzled said:

But east african sikhs are coconuts, drugs and alcohol exist in every part of the world and have existed and will always exist. 

East African sikhs are the biggest coconuts out there! 

Whether if they became coconuts in africa or arriving in the west  I dont know ... 

Talking to an east African sikh young person feels like talking to someone from a completely different culture. 

That's because you are talking to them in Punjabi and they are replying back in Swahili??

9 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I know, but drinking seems to be an integral part of jutt culture which has spread outwards. 

The drug taking (opium and cannabis use) may well have had some original medicinal purpose in Panjabi culture, as well being used as a tool to increase stamina (however this has morphed today), but drinking and jut culture are deeply intertwined. 

'Kaahn bukray, peen sharaaban; putt juttaan dey' as the well known saying goes. 

You are a Cannibis user aren't you?

Just now, Ranjeet01 said:

That's because you are talking to them in Punjabi and they are replying back in Swahili??

I actually cant remember the last time I saw one who is a proper sardar and amritdhari. 

Majority of the young people in the UK who are keeping kes and taking amrit are guys from jatt families.

I think the main reason behind this is because our parents still kept us connected to our roots, whether if it was by teaching us punjabi, telling us about our ancestors way of life or by taking us india. So this made it easy to connect to sikhi. 

Kenyan sikh youth on the other hand are really whitewashed, they seem to have no love or connection for the land of their ancestors, their parents have failed to pass anything onto them!  So its no surprise it's rare to see a young kenyan Sikh as a proper sikh.  I think within a generation it will be over for them if they dont change stuff