Singh375

3 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Every Singh I've seen just ties a black parna around their lower face. Nobody bats an eyelid. I do the same. Most people just want to get on with their life without hassle whether they believe all this is a hoax or not.

online I saw some Hospital Doctor Singhs showing to tie a cloth like a thatha over the regular face mask or protector/

4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Every Singh I've seen just ties a black parna around their lower face. Nobody bats an eyelid. I do the same. Most people just want to get on with their life without hassle whether they believe all this is a hoax or not.

I dis try that but I can't breath with that, I get really hot and my head gets hot, I cant have anything covering my face. It just feels suffocating. 

On 9/8/2020 at 9:35 PM, Singh375 said:

Someone has taken initiative to design and offer turban friendly facemasks

A nice play on words too with Social DistanSingh and Kaurantine

https://www.sikhtreats.com/collections/all

Annotation 2020-09-08 213057.jpg

this is braindead you are making a mockery of the goth Guru ji bestowed on us ... besides the masks are a fail on fit

I've made over 40 turban friendly masks which have nosewire/band , which are 600 thread count cotton lined and patterned cotton on the outside  in adult to kids sizes  , in my experimentation I tried two ways

one was thin 3mm elastic which loop through top of mask to pass on top of dastar whilst the ends of elastic pass through the side channels into a two cord toggle so you can adjust the fit to be snug around jawline without making the person lose space near the nostrils and mouth so easier to breathe

the other is same two layer construction with nosebandand  a button sewn on either side , then it is fastened to adjustable fit by using 'buttonhole elastic' like the the one you get in kiddies trouser/skirt waistbands to tighten fit .

Both systems avoid messing with ears and fit well around face and turban , in fact I have done custom mask sizing too for family and friends based on face dimensions .

I reckon the masks above are overpriced gimmicks they will not give you adequate protection and if that is the case then might as well go without . It is very simple to make and use high quality rewashable masks at home.

12 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I think you are being harsh 

She has a point. It's a fine line but certain types of UK Sikhs tend to disarm non-Sikhs by making themselves a figure of fun and ridicule. Then the majority assumes we're all clownish, and a Sikh that doesn't live-up to this type of image is arrogant or extreme. Unfortunately, we aren't good at judging limits, so most of these efforts overstep the mark.

5 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

anyway face masks don't seem yo make any diff really except keep your spittle to yourself, btw stay away from any places where people are vaping you'll deffo get their germs into your system ,mask or not . I've told my lot to wash face as well as hands after travelling on public transport .

100% this face masks issue is just a load of nonsense and fear driven by the media. There didn't have to be fear or compulsory masks. For more than 20 years research has pointed that face masks don't have a significant impact on reduction of flu. This is becoming politics. Recommend people follow Ivor Cummins on twitter he's exposing the media's lies. Vaheguru ji didn't create us to be scared and wear masks!

1 hour ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

100% this face masks issue is just a load of nonsense and fear driven by the media. There didn't have to be fear or compulsory masks. For more than 20 years research has pointed that face masks don't have a significant impact on reduction of flu. This is becoming politics. Recommend people follow Ivor Cummins on twitter he's exposing the media's lies. Vaheguru ji didn't create us to be scared and wear masks!

as soon as they said you need to cover your face in darbar , my gut wrenched thinking on the disrespect to Guru Amar Das ji's sikhiya.