Sign in to follow this  
Singh375

Simran Guidance

6 hours ago, Singh375 said:

This is a humble gift of guidance for those wonderful people who have started their Simran journey. 

If you haven’t read the Sarab Kalaa Samrath post please read that first – https://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/86724-sarab-kalaa-samrath/

Simran means Sa Maran, meaning ‘to remember’. To remember the one we have forgotten – Vaheguru Ji, who is inside us. The mother who is remembering her child 24/7 without any effort – this is called saas ghiraas na visarai. Those who remember God in same way, 24/7 using unconscious mind, Gurbani calls them Sants.

Step 1 is saying Vaheguru and listening to it with your ears. The goal is to focus the mind and then bring dhiyan inwards. Step 2 is your mind starts chanting Vaheguru.

Unfortunately this is a common place people get stuck and can take years to realise why. You must have seen AKJ or NKJ Simran videos (shouting Vaheguru loudly again and again) where people start rocking their head back and forth like crazy? The reason why is their Surat gets trapped at the ears. Sound is the result of kinetic energy, it’s just sound waves which enter your ears. People who’s Surat gets trapped at ears eventually they reach a point where they lose their mind.

Like eating food, when you are done chewing it’s time to swallow. With Simran when your mind gets focused chanting Vaheguru it’s time to bring your dhiyan inwards and begin chanting with the mind. Listen to Vaheguru Simran recordings if you need help focusing, but once the mind is focused it’s time to switch it off and continue Simran mentally. (I’m talking about individual Simran you do at home) 

Once your mind starts saying Vaheguru your inner journey begins. Just keep dhiyan on gur-shabad. This is your personal journey. Everyone experiences different things, when you experience something don’t analyse, just enjoy it. You will see things, hear things, some people even smell things. When energy goes near to dasam duar you can start smelling beautiful scents like perfume, others around you can notice it too. Anhad jaap can be heard too. Unlike soundwaves this is different, it comes directly from God. First one is left mesmerised then they learn to enjoy it. 

On topic of dasam duar, this is a high level thing. This kirpa happens not just when you are spiritually ready, but when the circumstances in your life are right. Even though Satuguru showed daas a technique, I am unable to do it with my own will. I’m 20s and if I could do it whenever I wanted, I would lose interest in the world, and want to spend rest of my life sitting in smadhi (where body is left unconscious) enjoying anand. It’s normal to only experience such things in later stages of life once you’ve had and raised kids, once you’ve retired etc.

I mentioned on Simran Sounds post there is something higher. Here we go…

Whoever’s mantar or shabad you jap, it will take you to that person’s level. Guru Nanak’s level is the point between the eyebrows, where the power is sarab kalaa samrath. This point is a gateway to the spiritual world. Through here you can experience god while your body remains conscious and aware of its surroundings. This is incredibly special blessing anyone who does simran can recieve. When this kirpa happens one no longer needs to sit and do Simran, their Simran is 24/7 happening inside. The closest way to describe it is like living 2 lives at same time. One is in constant charan of god in anand which can’t be described, other is performing worldly duties. When this kirpa gets stronger stage comes of closing your eyes and being in sachkhand, opening them and being here. 

This kirpa is huge, which is why people hide it when it happens. Luckily it’s easy to hide kirpa because the world only sees you from outside.

Ang 384;
Sācẖ nām merā man lāgā. Logan si▫o merā ṯẖāṯẖā bāgā. ||1||
~ My mind is attached to the true naam. From outside I put on a fake show to trick the world (into not realising what kirpa I have)

Simran, reading Gurbani, listening to kirtan/katha it all contributes to raising your inner level. Until your awareness isn’t subtle enough you can’t feel what's happening. Just trust that your efforts are not going to waste.

As you progress with Simran you will start to feel a vibration/tingling feeling in the body. This is your Surat, which is distributed into every atom of the body. Slowly this vibration will begin to focus on your third eye point. It will become natural that when you close your eyes your focus is already there, it won’t waver. Slowly kirpa happens from that point.

How long does kirpa take?
With Guru’s blessing we will create another post in a few days to discuss this and share one really important thing.

Sat Sri Akal Singh Veer ji..

I am so grateful for this post of yours.. You have explained it so well.. I listen to Sant Maskeen ji on regular basis..

Sant Maskeen ji made it so clear about Naam Simran.. ''Rasna Naam Jappy.. Mann Suney...''

I am not even a proper beginner of this spiritual journey as I dont get up early for naam simran.. but I try to listen Kirtan and Kathas during the day .. Of course it is not enough...

Few days back..I posted about how I fall asleep while doing naam simran.. I feel sad about it but I am thankful to have sangat ji here who was encouraging me to continue and with Guru ji's Kirpa, it will get better...

Today after reading this post, I feel Guru ji's kirpa.. It is inspiring to read these posts and try harder to go further..

Veer ji, kindly keep posting these posts for people like me who need this motivation everyday..

Singh ji, you have explained very well..how our mind will start chanting waheguru 24/7..

Whoever’s mantar or shabad you jap, it will take you to that person’s level. Guru Nanak’s level is the point between the eyebrows, where the power is sarab kalaa samrath. This point is a gateway to the spiritual world. Through here you can experience god while your body remains conscious and aware of its surroundings. This is incredibly special blessing anyone who does simran can recieve. When this kirpa happens one no longer needs to sit and do Simran, their Simran is 24/7 happening inside.

Reading these lines was so helpful to motivate me for trying harder.. 

Waheguru mehar karey.. so we all can reach at that point..I am looking forward for more posts to guide me further..

Thanks a lot Veer ji :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Singh375 said:

Whoever’s mantar or shabad you jap, it will take you to that person’s level. Guru Nanak’s level is the point between the eyebrows, where the power is sarab kalaa samrath. This point is a gateway to the spiritual world.

Can you provide Gurbani that says Guru Nanak Dev Ji level is thenpoint between the eyebrows?  

Gurbani says focus on the Shabad Guru, which is Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.  

13 hours ago, kaur said:

I am not even a proper beginner of this spiritual journey as I dont get up early for naam simran.. but I try to listen Kirtan and Kathas during the day .. Of course it is not enough...

Few days back..I posted about how I fall asleep while doing naam simran.. I feel sad about it but I am thankful to have sangat ji here who was encouraging me to continue and with Guru ji's Kirpa, it will get better...

Sat Sri Akal Ji,

Thanks for your kind words.

Feeling sleepy during simran is normal because your mind gets calm, your body probably isn't actually tired though. When you start to feel sleepy don't fight it by trying to remain awake. Get up and walk around, do a little bit of exercise to get the blood flowing. Have a little food or drink to increase blood sugar. Then go and sit back down.

Also if you are beginner, don’t force yourself to sit too long. Do just 15 minutes daily. Day will come where your 15 mins is done, but you wish to continue sitting longer... slowly like this you can do simran for longer.

• Like 3

On 9/10/2020 at 1:39 AM, Singh375 said:

Vaheguru ji, when doing simran I start to feel a sort of vibration/ tingling feeling around my face , what is this? It starts of at the tip of nose then slowly all over my face. It’s like a tingling sensation all over. Sometimes it goes all over body through my arms and legs. It’s a bit scary as I don’t know what’s going on or if I’m doing something wrong. Also, around my ears and inside, it’s like something is moving in circles, I can’t explain the feeling. What is this? With guru Kirpa I’ve started to ignore the sounds and this has lead to a little progression. Im still young ji only 20 

could you give tips on how to sit in one Assan  for longer please, and other posts simran related? I can go around an hour and half in one assan then I have to switch legs, it’s so annoying as dhiyaan breaks lol. 

• Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 1:13 AM, Singh375 said:

Sat Sri Akal Ji,

Thanks for your kind words.

Feeling sleepy during simran is normal because your mind gets calm, your body probably isn't actually tired though. When you start to feel sleepy don't fight it by trying to remain awake. Get up and walk around, do a little bit of exercise to get the blood flowing. Have a little food or drink to increase blood sugar. Then go and sit back down.

Also if you are beginner, don’t force yourself to sit too long. Do just 15 minutes daily. Day will come where your 15 mins is done, but you wish to continue sitting longer... slowly like this you can do simran for longer.

Sat Sri Akal,

Thanks a lot for the advice. I feel better knowing it is normal to fall asleep.. It is a good idea to get up and walk around.. I will try that.. so far I was just opening my eyes and looking around...then closing again to continue Simran.. I will start with a small walk..

I am doing 15-20 mins so far.. You are right.. forcing anything won't really work.. 

Hopefully I will be able to do longer than 20 mins soon.. 

Waheguru......

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Vaheguru ji, when doing simran I start to feel a sort of vibration/ tingling feeling around my face , what is this? It starts of at the tip of nose then slowly all over my face. It’s like a tingling sensation all over. Sometimes it goes all over body through my arms and legs. It’s a bit scary as I don’t know what’s going on or if I’m doing something wrong. Also, around my ears and inside, it’s like something is moving in circles, I can’t explain the feeling. What is this? With guru Kirpa I’ve started to ignore the sounds and this has lead to a little progression. Im still young ji only 20 

Your true self is atama (soul). But mental state of being (surat) is trapped in human body with the glue of maya. 

Simran is literally breaking the glue down. Your surat is becoming aware there is more to it then this body (it’s an awakening). It's the third stage of consciousness - jagrat (awake) , supan (asleep) & skhopat (spiritually awake)

Like a bird trapped in a cage when it becomes free it can fly in the limitless sky. In Gurbani pankhi (bird) means surat and asmaan (sky) means dasam duar. There are no limits to experiences once you realise your true self (man tu jot saroop hai), but even still God's limit can't be found. Ang 14:

ਪੰਖੀ ਹੋਇ ਕੈ ਜੇ ਭਵਾ ਸੈ ਅਸਮਾਨੀ ਜਾਉ ॥
Pankẖī ho▫e kai je bẖavā sai asmānī jā▫o.
If I was a bird, soaring and flying through hundreds of heavens,

ਨਦਰੀ ਕਿਸੈ ਨ ਆਵਊ ਨਾ ਕਿਛੁ ਪੀਆ ਨ ਖਾਉ ॥
Naḏrī kisai na āv▫ū nā kicẖẖ pī▫ā na kẖā▫o.
and if I was invisible, neither eating nor drinking anything -

ਭੀ ਤੇਰੀ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਨਾ ਪਵੈ ਹਉ ਕੇਵਡੁ ਆਖਾ ਨਾਉ ॥੩॥
Bẖī ṯerī kīmaṯ nā pavai ha▫o kevad ākẖā nā▫o. ||3||
even so, I could not estimate Your Value. How can I describe the Greatness of Your Name? ||3||

It’s nothing bad, keep going. There are things where we don’t know what it is, how to move forward, or if it is even a stage at all. This is where mool mantar abhiyas helps and darshan of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. When Guru Sahib look at you with their kirpa dristhe new stages can begin anything can happen.

23 hours ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

could you give tips on how to sit in one Assan  for longer please, and other posts simran related? I can go around an hour and half in one assan then I have to switch legs, it’s so annoying as dhiyaan breaks lol. 

This is individual to you, how long you can sit for. Sitting on a cushion might help. Don’t be too harsh on the body, give it a break if it’s required. Get up and stretch your body then sit back down. But importantly also do ahbiyas of trying to ‘keep it going inside’ after you get up from sitting down for Simran. Try to continue the Simran mentally for rest of the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2020 at 7:13 PM, dharamyudh said:

Thank you for this! 

23 hours ago, learningkaur said:

Thank you so much for posting this Veer Ji 

14 hours ago, kaur said:

Thanks a lot for the advice.

The kirpa of turning a selection of letters and punctuation into gyan comes from inside you. If anything seems useful it’s a sign Parmatma ji is encouraging you inwards because he wants to meet you. Like you call your child to sit with you, he is calling you to sit with him inside your thir ghar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2