Sign in to follow this  
SikhSeeker

Listening to Gurbani in house Ideas

WJKK WJKF

I wanted to have Gurbani playing in the house at most times, when the kids are around, so they can have it one whilst doing homework or just in general. Anyone ever done this with an alexa or Google nest? Id rather not purchase one of them as i dont like the fact that they listen to you, there anything the Sangat does or is it as simple as a bluetooth speaker and connecting a phone?

Phul Chuk Marf

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SikhSeeker said:

WJKK WJKF

I wanted to have Gurbani playing in the house at most times, when the kids are around, so they can have it one whilst doing homework or just in general. Anyone ever done this with an alexa or Google nest? Id rather not purchase one of them as i dont like the fact that they listen to you, there anything the Sangat does or is it as simple as a bluetooth speaker and connecting a phone?

Phul Chuk Marf

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh 

Veerji,you can place bluetooth speakers around your house and have it connected to a tablet or phone from which you can on Gurbani kirtan the whole day.I have seen these types of speakers in some houses they work well.

Bhul Chuk Maf 😀🙏

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SikhSeeker said:

Can you connect multiple devices to a tablet/phone via bluetooth?

Not sure about that.I think maybe wireless speakers can be connected to one device.

Edit:Just checked google there are some ways mentioned where multiple bluetooth speakers can be connected to one device😀

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, puzzled said:

You can get those Gurbani radio players 

Was thinking that as well, but would like it if it was all around the house, but might look into it!

On 9/11/2020 at 12:19 AM, SikhSeeker said:

WJKK WJKF

Phul Chuk Marf

We had an alexa. At first they gave you free my music storage. And we uploaded sukhmani sahib and 5 baniya. But now that feature is gone. So we cant add anything else. 

You can play itune radio on alexa. And on itune there is akj radio and gurbani share radio that play kirtan 24/7. 

However when we were young, my mom would always have the 44 banis by jarnail singh on CD playing in the living room on the music players with big speakers. She would start it at 7am at low volume. When we came from school, it would be on bhagat fareedh jis salok. It was a great way to automatically learn abt other banis. And very peaceful.

Now we live in a 2 story house so its harder to play something for the whole house. I would like to have sehaj paath. But now on alexa, u cant add anything to your playlists unless u get a subscription to mymusic for $7. Was gonna get it. But u have to play the music from a computer device nearby. Thats useless. Could just use a phone and bluetooth to alexa. 

On youtube the Mills family , christians have these bible speakers that play the bible all day. They installed them up high in the corners of their house on these small shelves. You could do something similar .  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

Is Bluetooth safe? 

Keep the device at least 6ft away from people, preferably in a box or shielded by clothes, else some folks develop dental issues owing to the frequency used by the Bluetooth signal that causes gum inflammation issues, hence "Blue Tooth." I don't know why they don't call it BlueGum. Probably sounds strange, tbh. 

5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Keep the device at least 6ft away from people, preferably in a box or shielded by clothes, else some folks develop dental issues owing to the frequency used by the Bluetooth signal that causes gum inflammation issues, hence "Blue Tooth." I don't know why they don't call it BlueGum. Probably sounds strange, tbh. 

No, I’m not surprised by any ‘damage’ that technology can do

• Like 1

With Google devices this is very easy to do. You can then 'group' speakers and Chromecast dongles (to play through TVs ). You create these groups in the Google home app (i.e whole house group, downstairs group, upstairs group)

You can then either play radio via tunein (sikhnet akand path, harimandir sahib, Simran ..akj radio etc ) to those speaker groups.

Or you can upload your own mp3's to Google play music and play those mp3's through the the speaker groups. (Create playlists i.e. Simran, Katha, nightime etc)

If you are familiar with the Google set up you can do as I do and create mp3 playlists that play at certain times i.e. morning path playlist to play at 4am everyday on 'downstairs' group.

Or if you have an old phone or tablet you can load your mp3's on that and leave it playing all day on airplane mode, or you can stream through it if you connect to wifi and use tunein, SoundCloud or sikhnet gurbani media centre 

Hope this helps. Wjkk wjkf