• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2mtYzCj4BZP9HKq9zHHYjZR/would-you-eat-chicken-grown-in-a-lab   What everyones thoughts on this? No animals are killed in the process (apparently) Would you eat it?  
    • Here is an English and Punjabi Lekh on Raag-Naad-Dhuni that should shed some light on this subject - http://brahmbungadodra.org/bookdata/bookpdf/Lekh_6_Rag_Naad_Dhuni_JKSV.pdf lmk if it helps 🙂
    • Guest Musa
      As muslim of Pakistani heritage, I have nothing but love and respect for my Sikh brothers and sisters. I have had the privilege to visit a few gurdwaras including one in Lahore. It is a shame that there are many racists in our world and that such people hold positions of influence. Opening Kartarpur is important and people  from both sides of Punjab should interact with each other more.  
    • aim big, however don't let career take over your life as it did for previous generations who migrated to the uk. They let career take over and didn't teach gurmukhi or sikhi to their children, or presevre kesh, they were too busy making money. We need to change and preserve sikhi instead of concentrating on money all the time. I want to change career as well so that I can spend more time on sikhi....
    • So I went for the link for  Kalarippayattu: The Complete Guide To Kerala's Ancient Martial Art Paperback – 1 Aug. 2016 And I can see from the legs are raised on the cover photo makes me doubt the authenticity of the book, if indeed the book talks about the techniques on the cover.   Also some videos I watched online has the same shiled bashing and hitting weapons on each other like gatka So to me it seems most of Kalarippayattu has probably been changed in the modern age, probably colonial times. I am really doubting that book due to the cover photo.  Maybe the other book is ok?

Important Information

Terms of Use