Interfaith Marriage

Guest Anon

1 hour ago, Sat1 said:

There is no religion. Dasam Granth Ji explains that the teachers of Hinduism and Islam became corrupts and became psychopaths, Mohammed circumcising his followers and the gods and goddesses were in ego making people worship them. Religion is false, there’s only the Pure Uncorrupted teachings that the Gurus taught. They added teachings of other bhagats who were born into other religions but who detached from them and practiced Truth, to show that religion is false. That Truth is One. 

That’s why Guru Nanak says to replace the Hindu and Muslim rituals with truthful actions and deeds instead, because the rituals mean Nothing. There’s only One as taught in Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Many others twisted and corrupted Gods messages and fell off the path. The Gurus came at a time where there was so much darkness, falsehood and false rituals and religion. Guru Nanak eradicated the false constraints of religions, and taught us that there’s only One All Pervading God, One pervading Truth..no Hindu, no Muslim. How can God who is all pervading be constrained to anything..to any religion, caste, culture or sect. We have Punjabi’s who are buried six feet under in culture to the extent that they believe that white, black, Chinese, reds Indians are different from us, when humans are Equal, it’s the man made constraints of religion, culture, caste, false societal levels, wealth and poverty etc that blind us to the Truth. When you’re a Sikh, ie student of Truth, you don’t constrain yourself to an illusion. You free yourself of it and realise it’s all just God and hence become all loving and fearless, Nirboah and Nirvair. 

If there is no religion how has a pillar of it been removed each yug?  

There is in fact One religion that has to be continually regifted, in this yug only the pillar of Naam remains which is why the Gurus said the hindu is blind and the muslim has one eye. The muslim knows to praise The One God but is blind to further Truth.  The Truth is timeless and universal yes, but that does not erase Khalsa Panth as you would like.  

Some humanoids can’t digest milk or comb their hair as it’s wooly or coarse etc - everyone is different 

different groups r different - i love ice cream kulfi kheer with vanilla milk panir cheeses butter clarified butter buttermilk cream etc etc prashad is great - some humanoids can’t digest wheat and some can’t digest liquor a medicine 

vhgru 108

save GopiEyes 

On 9/13/2020 at 12:09 PM, puzzled said:

I was in a similar situation a few years back. We know this Punjabi family for decades and one of their daughters decided to get married to a Gujrati guy, they did the anand karaj in the early hours somewhere in Hayes, not sure where. I was caught between telling someone or not and i didn't at the end! because i walk past these same people and when i see them i greet them and then there i was going behind their back and reporting them. It didn't feel right, and my parents wouldn't of been happy at all if i did that. 

lol they probably done it in Guru Nanak sikh Academy or at the other gurdwara the school owns down Springfield Road, called Garib Niwas. Since those places aren't public people can get away with doing interfaith Anand Karaj. The only public gurdwara in Hayes is Ramgharia gurdwara, and there would probably be protests there!

Given that Indian /eastern society tends to push the faith of the father onto the kids as the only choice , which my folks were also worried about because of relatives speaking that way I can see how an unconverted male would be an unknown quantity and there would be a huge risk of apostacy from sikhi if the female is not versed or willing to bring up her kids in sikhi . In my case, we had to talk through such future things as a couple and  in the gurdwara when we got married we made an explicit promise to bring up kids in Sikhi . Maybe it was just us because any other marriage I had seen there no granthi etc ever gave that sikhiya.

In the case of the mona punjabi , the couple should have been offered the marriage course like catholics do before the anand karaj so that they know just what they are entering, promising etc and then decide if they will try for anand Karaj by devoting themselves to Guru ji .

Being a sikh is a privilege not a right ...so let's give it the respect it deserves

As I heard in a video yesterday "these days sikhs say why do we need to have amrit , guys. Guru Gobind Singh ji begged for amrit to be worthy of being called Singh , are you more special than Guru Gobind Singh ji?"

Another pangti came up in my feed where Guru ji says you have no strength/will to keep your kesh and try to say that times have changed , this comment was made to sikh back in the time when Guru ji was in Deh form so you can see resistance has always been there  and Guru ji has given his faisla at that time

On 9/17/2020 at 4:51 AM, singhdalbir said:

You are a real psycho aren't you. do you have a real job or life. I mean you had so much time to go down vote all my previous posts. you are just a crazy psycho. I guess guru Sahib was right don't argue with fools.

If there is no religion than guru sahib wouldn't have said the following:

Dharam bina sab daley Maley hai.

Dasam Bani Uggardanti.. 'Kareh Khalsa Panth Teesar Parveesah, Jugay Singh Jodhay Turay Neel Bhaisa'

Third Panth basically is new religion. You won't acknowledge it because it doesn't find your narrative.

Below are few lines from Vaar 41 of Bhai Gurdas Ji. It basically proves that Khalsa is a third panth(religion).

Ehe Thisar Majahb Khalsa Upjeoo Pardhana

Niij Panth Chalo Khalsa Dhar Tej Karaa

Sikhism isn't some philosophy that you follow it an actual religion. I know you are an outsider trying to brain wash young kids here but that won't work.

This is it I am done arguing with fools.

kabir.PNG

moorkh.PNG

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-16 at 8.16.21 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-16 at 8.16.20 PM.jpeg

Downvote what posts? I didn’t do that, I’m not sure who did. Someone downvoted a lot of my posts in another thread, was probably the same person. 

It’s the Khalsa, it’s not a Religion. It’s the Path of Truth. Of which there is only One. You wish to confine God to a Religious sect when Guru Nanak taught otherwise. 

Many who claim to be Sikh have fallen into the ego of the external appearance and neglect the internal. They spend their time praying and then going out and doing nindya of good souls, many of the men downplay woman to lift themselves up and think that the external appearance means they are pure.

It doesn’t. The internal is just as important. That why the Gurus preached for Muslims to swap their prayer mats for Truth in Practice and Hindus to do the same. The way you write, the way you react, reflects a Mayadhari who is sitting on a high horse behind the confines of the external of a so called religion. When someone tells you what the Guru himself has taught, you boil over in anger and ego. Tell me how does accepting Guru Nanaks own words as Truth make one a psychopath?

The Khalsa are the Pure Ones. Do you claim to be a Pure One in action?

On 9/17/2020 at 12:37 PM, jkvlondon said:

Given that Indian /eastern society tends to push the faith of the father onto the kids as the only choice , which my folks were also worried about because of relatives speaking that way I can see how an unconverted male would be an unknown quantity and there would be a huge risk of apostacy from sikhi if the female is not versed or willing to bring up her kids in sikhi . In my case, we had to talk through such future things as a couple and  in the gurdwara when we got married we made an explicit promise to bring up kids in Sikhi . Maybe it was just us because any other marriage I had seen there no granthi etc ever gave that sikhiya.

In the case of the mona punjabi , the couple should have been offered the marriage course like catholics do before the anand karaj so that they know just what they are entering, promising etc and then decide if they will try for anand Karaj by devoting themselves to Guru ji .

what was your husband when you married him? 

I agree re explaining the meaning of anand karaj before marriage. Unfortunately a lot of the times it’s just about the money and getting the dates to match reception hall availability !