is punjabi film industry better than bollywood?

shastarSingh

14 hours ago, Kaurr said:

I LOVE HORROR

But how do they read spells? And how does it effect people watching?

If you think about it movies about exorcisms and stuff like that are basically glorifying demons and evil spirits and then there we are watching it in our rooms at night lol! every movie creates a different emotion, horror movies create fear and that is obviously a very negative emotion. And demons, evil spirits are a real thing and many peoples homes are haunted and possessed by them, and imagine if these same people decide to watch a movie about demons and exorcisms, your basically inviting them lol! because these kinds of things feed on peoples fear.  Fear, anxiety is a really bad emotion.

Yeah the evil spells, so you know how in movies about exorcisms and witches etc the characters are reading things backwards or in a "made up" language that you can't understand, someone told me that those are basically spells and stuff linked to black magic. 

Years ago i watched a show called Salem on netflix and it was disturbing lol! people with bent limbs climbing walls and walking backwards, speaking backwards  etc lol  thats quite some messed up stuff to watch, especially if your trying to become a spiritual person.

Anything which creates a negative emotion like anxiety, fear, unrest etc really isn't that good to watch or be around. 

but then again the same can be said about all movies tbh .... 

13 minutes ago, puzzled said:

If you think about it movies about exorcisms and stuff like that are basically glorifying demons and evil spirits and then there we are watching it in our rooms at night lol! every movie creates a different emotion, horror movies create fear and that is obviously a very negative emotion. And demons, evil spirits are a real thing and many peoples homes are haunted and possessed by them, and imagine if these same people decide to watch a movie about demons and exorcisms, your basically inviting them lol! because these kinds of things feed on peoples fear.  Fear, anxiety is a really bad emotion.

Yeah the evil spells, so you know how in movies about exorcisms and witches etc the characters are reading things backwards or in a "made up" language that you can't understand, someone told me that those are basically spells and stuff linked to black magic. 

Years ago i watched a show called Salem on netflix and it was disturbing lol! people with bent limbs climbing walls and walking backwards, speaking backwards  etc lol  thats quite some messed up stuff to watch, especially if your trying to become a spiritual person.

Anything which creates a negative emotion like anxiety, fear, unrest etc really isn't that good to watch or be around. 

but then again the same can be said about all movies tbh .... 

Horror flicks seem to resonate more with US audiences than UK ones. 

Just like Halloween. 

10 hours ago, Premi5 said:

English and US soaps are even worse for dirty storylines though in general 

Yeah their all about having affairs and stuff like that. 

tbh Hindi movies are filth. I don't think families can watch that stuff anymore. Around 10 years ago they were appropriate but now its just rude stuff. Every other movie has adult scenes in them. I'm surprised that the Hindutva government is allowing these scenes in the movies. Considering the current governments been promoting a revival of Hindu and traditional culture you would think they would make the censor board more strict but thats not the case.

I watched a movie last year called Kabir Singh which happened to be about a Sikh female eloping with her Hindu boyfriend in Delhi and then getting pregnant, that movie was just filth! the language the adult scenes, kissing scenes everywhere, i was actually shocked because this was the first Hindi movie i watched after years and years. A lot of drug scenes as well. The movie was average! i'd give it a 5/10 probably yet Indians in India loved it, i wonder why .... 

10 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Horror flicks seem to resonate more with US audiences than UK ones. 

Just like Halloween. 

I think people like watching horror movies because people are fascinated by the unknown and you get some kind of thrill out of it. 

Yeah i'm not gnna be dressing my kids up as demons and sending them trick or treating lol! 

People do a lot of black magic around where i live. 

• 1 year later...

https://www.easterneye.biz/pehchaan-mahesh-bhatt-to-bring-stories-of-real-life-sikh-heroes-on-screen/

Pehchaan: Mahesh Bhatt to bring stories of real-life Sikh heroes on screen

image.thumb.png.18513089f9799e55caed018720bb7fbe.png

By: Mohnish Singh

Well-known Hindi filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt is set to bring stories of real-life Sikh heroes on screen with an upcoming digital show. The 16-episode docudrama series is titled Pehchaan – The Unscripted Show.

The show will feature some of the world’s most renowned Sikhs, such as Economist Montek Singh, Sant Seechewal, Sony CEO N.P Singh, Saviour Singh Oberoi Sir, Raju Chadha, Shanty Singh, and many others.

“In the times post-pandemic, we wanted for the audience to witness something real and inspirational and so we chose to bring Real heroes to your screen. we hope for it to be one of the biggest and most influential shows of the year,” shared the makers of the shows.

“What a time in the life of a world being inhabited, it was daunting, full of turmoil and fear. And yet it dazzling be full of promise, creativity, and care. These thoughts struck me when I saw brave Sikhs of my country and around the world step out during the pandemic and do what I had never imagined. The God of signs had come down on his knees and every institution imaginable had failed to help mankind through these dark times. It was they who came out and endlessly served their fellow human being. The images of their generosity are burnt in my heart and body which gave me birth to the idea of talking to this brave community that has been serving humankind for more than 500 years. I choose to interview these brave, humble, kind human beings for people around the world to get only a taste of faith but also get a glimpse of their great history. I call them the warriors of the 21st century. They only inherited from their gurus and forefathers had left a legacy with them”, shared Mahesh Bhatt.

The show will also showcase 16 heart-touching songs as a tribute to the guests. Directed by Suhrita, produced by his Prodigy Vinay Bhardwaj A Shining Sun Studios Production, Pehchaan – The Unscripted Show will soon be out on a streaming platform.