Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

Master Tara Singh hunger strike 1961

Tara Singh enemy of Sikhs.
Baba Nand Singh Nanaksar said this man would make Sikhs the Slaves of Hindu Nation.
Also when. Ambedkar wanted to embrace Sikhism along with his 60 million followers.Tara Singh along with his so called Akalis discouraged him, as his leadership and status would be threatened because Ambedkar was brilliant and well known compared to this pendu ba$tard. Tara said we cannot hand over Darbar sahib to these low caste Churey Chamars.

17 minutes ago, scali said:

Baba Nand Singh Nanaksar said this man would make Sikhs the Slaves of Hindu Nation.
Also when. Ambedkar wanted to embrace Sikhism along with his 60 million followers.Tara Singh along with his so called Akalis discouraged him, as his leadership and status would be threatened because Ambedkar was brilliant and well known compared to this pendu ba$tard. Tara said we cannot hand over Darbar sahib to these low caste Churey Chamars.

was Tara Singh a bhappaa?

15 minutes ago, scali said:

Different people have different opinions on him, i'v mostly read negative things about him, many say he was a decent man who had Sikh interests at heart. One thing for sure though he definitely was not a pendu! he actually was quite an educated man from a Khatri family born in Rawalpindi city. He also was a teacher at Amritsar Khalsa college. 

My reference to him as a Pendu was a figure of speech for his primitive ape thinking.

So your post was to glorify his hunger strike. After looking at the current state of Sikhs in India you are still looking for an opinion of him. Tara is single handley responsible for Sikh Slavery. He was told by Baba Nand Singh to keep Maharaja Patiala in the 1947 decision. Tara told kavi ( baba NAND Singh) messenger that these Chole Wale Sadhs should stay out of this since they don’t understand politics.

8 minutes ago, scali said:

My reference to him as a Pendu was a figure of speech for his primitive ape thinking.

So your post was to glorify his hunger strike. After looking at the current state of Sikhs in India you are still looking for an opinion of him. Tara is single handley responsible for Sikh Slavery. He was told by Baba Nand Singh to keep Maharaja Patiala in the 1947 decision. Tara told kavi ( baba NAND Singh) messenger that these Chole Wale Sadhs should stay out of this since they don’t understand politics.

I didn't upload it to glorify him, i don't even know anything about him other than that he was seen as our leader during the partition and that today some people see him positively while others negatively, other than that i'v never bothered reading on him. I just uploaded it because its a old video of Sikhs! ....    

I'v read that after partition he gained a lot for himself

There has been a lot of propaganda against Master Tara Singh. This propaganda was especially flamed by Sant Fateh Singh's group of Akalis who were rivals of Master Tara Singh. Pakistanis hated him because he destroyed their dream of swallowing up all of Punjab instead of getting just their demographic share. Many Khalistanis who grew close to Pakistan after 1984 took up the Pakistani narrative of Master Tara Singh of making him into some sort of Hindu agent to divide Sikhs and Muslims. If it wasn't for Master Tara Singh we would have ended up like the Sindhi Hindus.

After partition his life was a constant struggle to get Punjabi Suba created. He went to jail repeatedly. He never amassed any wealth and lived a simple life unlike today's politicians.

As for Ambedkar, I think his conversion is largely blown out of proportion. Sikhs had welcomed him to convert. A Sikh royal family even offered him the hand of their daughter to his nephew if he converted. Akalis back then opened up a Khalsa college in Maharashtra in participation that he was going to convert. And when he chose Buddhism only a few lakh followers of his converted not millions of Dalits as had been expected.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

There has been a lot of propaganda against Master Tara Singh. This propaganda was especially flamed by Sant Fateh Singh's group of Akalis who were rivals of Master Tara Singh. Pakistanis hated him because he destroyed their dream of swallowing up all of Punjab instead of getting just their demographic share. Many Khalistanis who grew close to Pakistan after 1984 took up the Pakistani narrative of Master Tara Singh of making him into some sort of Hindu agent to divide Sikhs and Muslims. If it wasn't for Master Tara Singh we would have ended up like the Sindhi Hindus.

After partition his life was a constant struggle to get Punjabi Suba created. He went to jail repeatedly. He never amassed any wealth and lived a simple life unlike today's politicians.

As for Ambedkar, I think his conversion is largely blown out of proportion. Sikhs had welcomed him to convert. A Sikh royal family even offered him the hand of their daughter to his nephew if he converted. Akalis back then opened up a Khalsa college in Maharashtra in participation that he was going to convert. And when he chose Buddhism only a few lakh followers of his converted not millions of Dalits as had been expected.

Where lucky that we have the Punjab that we have because even many districts of our Punjab were majority Muslim. I think the location of Amritsar saved many other districts from ending up in Pakistan ...

Yeah the whole Ambedkar converting 60 million dalits into Sikhi is a huge myth! i remember reading about it on the internet like 14 years ago. Buddhism today is even less then Sikhi, i don't even think they make 1% of the population. 

• Like 1

Would be interesting if there are any contemporary sources of Tara Singh and what other people at the time said about him ... 

4 hours ago, scali said:

I don't know why. But every now and again threads like this come up and people repeat the same rubbish over and over again.

And the worst thing its Sikhs saying it.

What are Sikhs doing these days ? Certainly not researching history and expanding their knowledge of they keep on repeating this same vitriol agains Master Tara Singh.

4 hours ago, scali said:

Ambedkar wanted to embrace Sikhism along with his 60 million followers.

He never had 60 million followers. The 60 million was the number of Dalits who Ambedkar claimed to lead.

4 hours ago, scali said:

Akalis discouraged him, as his leadership and status would be threatened because Ambedkar was brilliant and well known compared to this pendu ba$tard.

Only according to one source, Sirdar Kapoor Singh, who wrote about this many decades after. Nobodu else ever claimed this.

4 hours ago, scali said:

Tara said we cannot hand over Darbar sahib to these low caste Churey Chamars.

You know something. i hope that you have the heart to do your own research rather than just listen to any <banned word filter activated> and then parrot their rubbish (and that includes me!).

Master Tara Singh was part of the same Singh Sabha movement that espoused the cause of the "low-castes" and as a result of this thousands of lowcastes were brought into Sikhi.

3 hours ago, scali said:

Tara is single handley responsible for Sikh Slavery.

You are single-handedly responsible for your own stupidity. Or ignorance. Master Tara Singh never had any say in status of Sikhs in the partition. That decision had already been made months before by Baldev Singh.

3 hours ago, scali said:

He was told by Baba Nand Singh to keep Maharaja Patiala in the 1947 decision.

Maharaja Patiala? Maharaja Patiala was a sycophant of the english and opposed the Singh Sabha SGPC from the start. He never supported the Sikhs against the british in any way, whereas Master Tara Singh stood for nothing but the Panth.

And you call Master Tara Singh a ba$tard? Are you sure you aren't one yourself?

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

I'v read that after partition he gained a lot for himself

YOU'VE read? I don't know what you have been reading but its complete shite. Master Tara Singh donated most of his salary from all his life to the Khalsa College. He kept back enough for himself to feed his family and not much more.

14 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Would be interesting if there are any contemporary sources of Tara Singh and what other people at the time said about him ... 

There are many. You just have to read them and not get sucked into the mentality of Sikhs needing someone convenient to blame. Master Tara Singh was an easy target because of his hindu upbringing.

Even pakis these days keep on harping about jinnahs promise to the Sikhs that if they joined pakistan they would have an autonomous state. These offers were only made privately and after the Rape of rawalpindi. Pakis need to push this narrative because it excuses them of the heinous murder of thousands of Sikhs in Rawalpindi in March 1947. They want to be the victims and gain our sympathy rather than the truth be known of how they were the instigators. So they say Master Tara Singh cut down the muslim league flag and other lies.

But these are pakistanis. Loyal to no-one and traitors to everyone. But what is scalis excuse that he would use such derogatory words for Master Tara Singh?

• Like 1

Cha tanga is a shining example of “Good Slave”

like when the white master was sick the domestic slave would say “boss we sick”

They were called Uncle Tom Negros.

43 minutes ago, scali said:

Cha tanga is a shining example of “Good Slave”

like when the white master was sick the domestic slave would say “boss we sick”

They were called Uncle Tom Negros.

Hey, I'm not the one bending over for the muslamics across the border. I'm an Uncle Tom, fine. But I'm not a traitor to the Panth like you seem to be. Nor am I an ignoramus who doesn't know anything about their own Panth. Or an even bigger ignoramus who is prepared to listen to the mass murderers of Sikhs and accept their views without hesitation.

I bet you are ready to sacrifice your own life for pakistan aren't you.

But before you do become a pilot and destroy india, have a read of this:

https://www.sikhbookclub.com/Book/The-Valiant-Fighter-Master-Tara-Singh

PILOT!

Chatanga ji, you are correct about the Raja of Patiala. He was so loyal to the English. He was staunchly in favour of keeping India united. When it was clear that the British were leaving most of the Rajput Kings of Rajasthan had decided to band together and keep their independence. But the Raja of Patiala along with another loyal Indian Raja threatened them and ruined their aspirations. 

Patiala raja was the one leader who had the military might to form a Sikh state but he was so pro Congress and pro India that it was impossible to convince him. His son, Captain is today even a bigger Dusht than the Badals. 

• Like 1

He did some very good things for us but was out of his element as well when it came to some issues.

He encouraged us to fight back against muslim aggression during partition. He also managed to get us a state in India where we are the majority. These are two very important things. Had these two things not been done we would be speaking and writing in Urdu or Hindi today instead of Gurmukhi Punjabi. Even with his efforts Punjabi language is always under threat from Hindi due to Punjabi Hindus. You can imagine what it would be like without him.

His main negative was his education level. The likes of Jinnah, Nehru and Gandhi went to Oxford/Cambridge and UCL and had high ranking jobs. Tara Singh on the other hand was just a high school teacher. He couldn't compete with Jinnah, Nehru and Gandhi when it came to big matters.

All in all I would say that he was a great man. It's easy to be negative and criticise someone but it takes a bigger man to appreciate when someone has done good things and achieved a lot.

As for him being a Hindu agent, why would he go on hunger strike to get a Punjabi language state formed, something that infuriarated Punjabi Hindus! There were riots between Sikhs and Hindus during this movement.

This is an excerpt from Anand Chamatkar. Biography of Baba Nand Singh by his Hazori Ragi Gurmukh Singh. It is quiet detailed 5vols with loads of important information His father was the first sewadar of Baba Nand Singh. Baba ji died in 1943 before partition. He mentioned Tara Singh is misleading the Sikhs. Tara is collaborating with Gandhi and is going to destroy Sikhi. His words are true as we see the condition of Sikhs at present.

AA60C7BF-D3B2-43DF-86F3-9C7AFE21DF0E.jpeg