Sheesha & Sikhi - An increasing problem in our society

singhbj singh

6 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

In the sakhi, Joga Singh wasn't doing any of that stuff though, he was just getting horny due to being attracted to a dancer/kotha girl. Basically his Kaam vikaar was getting the best of him, which is not exactly boyfriend/girlfriend stuff lol but more like a one-night stand or using a prostitute!!

But its still the same stuff though if you think about it. s3x with prostitute and premartial s3x with your gf, either way its still a sin lol.  

So Sikhs committing sins today is nothing new because even during the times of the gurus they were committing sins. 

But that obviously doesn't mean its Ok to do wrong stuff. Self restrain is very important. 

Theres a person who is curious and does something wrong and regrets it, and then there is another person who commits the same sin again and again without actually trying to conquer their vices/temptations.  

Doing something wrong and not feeling any shame or regret after doing it is possibly the worst state one can be in. 

There are people openly engaging in adultery and feeling absolutely no shame or regret at all. There are "Sikhs" making money out of fraud, using fraud on their own people to make money, abusing the trust of their own people. There are people out there who are really envious of other peoples success and in their hearts wish for something bad to happen to them. Some people have such a huge ego!

So many different ways of sinning ... 

The sakhi of Bhai Bachittar Singh starts of with Guru Ji asking which Singh is going to tackle the Mughals and some Singh, forgot his name, egoistically said he can face the Mughals, he was huge, really tall man. He went boasting around taking pride in his size/strength that he can defeat the Mughal army. When the Mughals sent a intoxicated elephant charging towards the Sikhs, that same Singh was the first one to do a runner! everyone was like wheres he gone! and then Bhai Bachittar Singh who actually was a very short Singh and skinny volunteered to tackle the elephant. 

Once Guru ji hugged and praised a young Singh who was a teenager, one of the Singhs who was a little older than him got jealous and hit the young Singh on the face and sent him crying. That's jealousy and anger ... 

Everyone has a weakness, whether if it is greed, jealousy, lust etc   ... 

59 minutes ago, puzzled said:

But its still the same stuff though if you think about it. s3x with prostitute and premartial s3x with your gf, either way its still a sin lol.  

now here's the problem.

Pre-marital sex is what the abrahamics look at as a sin.

For apney dharmik people, we know that these non-marital girlfriend/boyfriend partnerships usually have stuff like sex.

For us the non-marital partnership is already bad enough, we don't even need to go into it being sexual or not.

That is why it was not clear what you meant...

My cousin gave up smoking all by himself without any professional help. He started smoking when he was 14 and stopped when he was around 40. He said if you really want to give it up then you can but you need to convince yourself and really try. 

If part of you wants to stop but then a part of you still wants to smoke then it ain't gnna work! 

I think a lot of people already feel defeated even before they try to stop, it's a mental thing aswell. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/21/2020 at 7:26 PM, Redoptics said:

Problem is people try getting of cigs and do e cigs, but either way you get people looking down at them as you lot are doing.

Well, yeah it's quite a conundrum with E Cigs I say we should not judge. Maybe E Cigs are 100% healthy? This post's quite old and as we grow, we age we become wise. I no longer look down on Amritdhari Sikhs committing Kureths, let alone smoke E Cigs. Not that I smoked but E cigs might be fine as long as it has no actual drugs in it. 

P.S. Old posts are popping up NOW (2022) under notifications. 

1 hour ago, Singh1989 said:

Well, yeah it's quite a conundrum with E Cigs I say we should not judge. Maybe E Cigs are 100% healthy? This post's quite old and as we grow, we age we become wise. I no longer look down on Amritdhari Sikhs committing Kureths, let alone smoke E Cigs. Not that I smoked but E cigs might be fine as long as it has no actual drugs in it. 

P.S. Old posts are popping up NOW (2022) under notifications. 

Problem im personally finding,  completely stopped smoking and drinking for around 8 months , problem with e cigs , you just keep puffing on them. So now I have to slowly drop the amount of times I smoke the thing. You can't win with this switch aroo,  you need to just stop.

On 4/14/2022 at 12:43 PM, Redoptics said:

Problem im personally finding,  completely stopped smoking and drinking for around 8 months , problem with e cigs , you just keep puffing on them. So now I have to slowly drop the amount of times I smoke the thing. You can't win with this switch aroo,  you need to just stop.

True. You can also get weaker liquid.