Sheesha & Sikhi - An increasing problem in our society

singhbj singh

2 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

From what I've read they only drink cannabis, not smoke it. The drink is called Sukha.

What makes smoking worse than drinking is the stench it leaves behind long after the act is done and it also infects the people around who are not taking part.

They use it as an ingredient in pakoreh and samoseh, too. 

As Sikhs we should not touch any nasha, even being in the company of someone who does nasha is wrong, which can be a bit difficult in todays but still should try to not have the company of those people. 

In Punjab everyone is chewing on thamakoo! and spitting it all over the place, i tried it when i was a mona and its horrible stuff. 

We all heard the story of Guru Sahibs horse refusing to go through the field of tobacco? 

I think any community that has serious problems with nasha should stay away from it as much as possible. 

India has a very serious problem with alcohol, its really bad. They should ban alcohol in all media. 

36 minutes ago, puzzled said:

As Sikhs we should not touch any nasha, even being in the company of someone who does nasha is wrong, which can be a bit difficult in todays but still should try to not have the company of those people. 

In Punjab everyone is chewing on thamakoo! and spitting it all over the place, i tried it when i was a mona and its horrible stuff. 

We all heard the story of Guru Sahibs horse refusing to go through the field of tobacco? 

I think any community that has serious problems with nasha should stay away from it as much as possible. 

India has a very serious problem with alcohol, its really bad. They should ban alcohol in all media. 

The alcohol lobby has a lot of clout with the government and media, so it will be very difficult to ban in advertising. Though not impossible. 

Banning Smoking advertising does not really stop people from indulging either. It just shifts it underground away from public eyes.