Sign in to follow this  
singhbj singh

Sheesha & Sikhi - An increasing problem in our society

6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah the whole macho culture can take its toll on people. Don't get be wrong, a man should be a man, know how to defend himself, and guys in Punjab are tough and sure know how to fight!

But then there is stupidity.

One of my cousin brother in Punjab who died because his liver failed. He was dared by his "friends" to drink an entire bottle of alcohol in one go with out any water. And he was stupid enough to do that, just drank the whole thing in one go and around a year later he died of liver failure ☹  was only 29. 

There are videos of men, including pubjabis drinking an entire bottle of vodka in one go within a minute. 

That is not macho but is stupidity.

Just a waste of life. 

people need to redefine their manliness by how much they can do without drugs/alcohol/steroids  .

11 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I grew up in a neighbourhood where that Ish was rife but was never convinced by the partakers as I wasn't able to connect their words about pleasure and status to what I saw around my neighbourhood . !00% the OP s example was driven by ego and misguided machismo

Well you must be a saint

34 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Well you must be a saint

no we saw what a degraded existence, with violence, disease those people would end up with ...the truth is always there  if you look around

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Yeah I think Punjabis like many other ethnicities have a addictive personality, I was thinking about addictive personalities, I think iv got one lol! 

But yeah I think the drug issue is made out to be a lot worse than it actually is, it obviously exists but which then again which country hasn't got a drug issue? 

Alcohol on the other hand is definitely a issue! I feel sorry for the wives of these alcoholics. 

Middle aged alcoholism are a result of deeper issues.

In some ways related to the mid-life crisis, and there are some deep frustrations that result in heavy drinking.

It is particular male thing at a particular age.

33 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

no we saw what a degraded existence, with violence, disease those people would end up with ...the truth is always there  if you look around

Didn't really look at life like that as a child to be honest 

14 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

No, no, lol, not random street food. They only serve them in their Gurdwareh as langar. I should've clarified that earlier. I make it sound like a joke, but it's not. There's a maryada to it even if I don't entirely agree with it.

When my cousins (who were born and lived in India) were very young they went on a jatra. They went to a Nihang Gurdwara, and unbeknownst to anyone in my family they consumed food in the langar which was full of bhang. Both of my cousins were about 13 or so at the time, and after eating they were tripping like amlis for hours. Apparently, it was hilarious. 😁

Oh. My. God.

Thankfully I've never eaten pakore at a nihung gurdwara, but I've eaten endless amounts at my local Gurudwara.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 12:09 PM, jkvlondon said:

They need a tight slap to get their heads right

HOOKAH is one of the 4 bajjar kurehits ,

HARAM is sangh of par istri /mard , also taking of another's rights

HAJAMAT is Removal of body hair

HALAL is eating rituallly killed meat  but also enslavement of captives, child/multiple  marriage etc

those are the 4 of the 5 Hahay, or the 5Hs.

I keep forgetting them, do you know the names of all 5?

On 9/19/2020 at 9:39 AM, MisterrSingh said:

So true. But when you've got Nihangs arguing they've got special dispensation to get high off smoking weed it does let the side down.

Sorry, that's a big ignorant that they do weed. You know they don't smoke and instead do Shaheedi degh and Shardai.

17 hours ago, puzzled said:

As for people from sheltered families who have grown up being told its wrong to drink and smoke, I think curiosity just gets the better of them! I think with teenagers and people in early 20s who come from Amritdhari families a lot of them have probably tried drinking, smoking or even boyfriend/girlfriend stuff.

But then again so did amritdharis during the time of the gurus, like look at bhai Joga Singhs sakhi... 

In the sakhi, Joga Singh wasn't doing any of that stuff though, he was just getting horny due to being attracted to a dancer/kotha girl. Basically his Kaam vikaar was getting the best of him, which is not exactly boyfriend/girlfriend stuff lol but more like a one-night stand or using a prostitute!!

8 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

Sorry, that's a big ignorant that they do weed. You know they don't smoke and instead fo Shaeedi degh and Sahrdai.

It's consumed either way. True, it's not puffed. I'm not knocking them because I kind of get it, but when trying to explain to the average person who doesn't have the ability to process nuance, they won't see the difference between a Nihang's use of bhang, and a normie Punjabi's use of sheesha.

4 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's consumed either way. True, it's not puffed. I'm not knocking them because I kind of get it, but when trying to explain to the average person who doesn't have the ability to process nuance, they won't see the difference between a Nihang's use of bhang, and a normie Punjabi's use of sheesha.

yeh, but then anyone who doesn't understand is just being ignorant as well!

6 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

In the sakhi, Joga Singh wasn't doing any of that stuff though, he was just getting horny due to being attracted to a dancer/kotha girl. Basically his Kaam vikaar was getting the best of him, which is not exactly boyfriend/girlfriend stuff lol but more like a one-night stand or using a prostitute!!

But its still the same stuff though if you think about it. s3x with prostitute and premartial s3x with your gf, either way its still a sin lol.  

So Sikhs committing sins today is nothing new because even during the times of the gurus they were committing sins. 

But that obviously doesn't mean its Ok to do wrong stuff. Self restrain is very important. 

• Like 1

Theres a person who is curious and does something wrong and regrets it, and then there is another person who commits the same sin again and again without actually trying to conquer their vices/temptations.  

Doing something wrong and not feeling any shame or regret after doing it is possibly the worst state one can be in. 

There are people openly engaging in adultery and feeling absolutely no shame or regret at all. There are "Sikhs" making money out of fraud, using fraud on their own people to make money, abusing the trust of their own people. There are people out there who are really envious of other peoples success and in their hearts wish for something bad to happen to them. Some people have such a huge ego!

So many different ways of sinning ... 

The sakhi of Bhai Bachittar Singh starts of with Guru Ji asking which Singh is going to tackle the Mughals and some Singh, forgot his name, egoistically said he can face the Mughals, he was huge, really tall man. He went boasting around taking pride in his size/strength that he can defeat the Mughal army. When the Mughals sent a intoxicated elephant charging towards the Sikhs, that same Singh was the first one to do a runner! everyone was like wheres he gone! and then Bhai Bachittar Singh who actually was a very short Singh and skinny volunteered to tackle the elephant. 

Once Guru ji hugged and praised a young Singh who was a teenager, one of the Singhs who was a little older than him got jealous and hit the young Singh on the face and sent him crying. That's jealousy and anger ... 

Everyone has a weakness, whether if it is greed, jealousy, lust etc   ... 

59 minutes ago, puzzled said:

But its still the same stuff though if you think about it. s3x with prostitute and premartial s3x with your gf, either way its still a sin lol.  

now here's the problem.

Pre-marital sex is what the abrahamics look at as a sin.

For apney dharmik people, we know that these non-marital girlfriend/boyfriend partnerships usually have stuff like sex.

For us the non-marital partnership is already bad enough, we don't even need to go into it being sexual or not.

That is why it was not clear what you meant...

Hookah is a bujjer kureth... 

(Side note) Unfortunately E-Cig have also come out now... End of 2012 meant an increase in Kaljug, NOT end of the world. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Singh1989 said:

Hookah is a bujjer kureth... 

(Side note) Unfortunately E-Cig have also come out now... End of 2012 meant an increase in Kaljug, NOT end of the world. 

Problem is people try getting of cigs and do e cigs, but either way you get people looking down at them as you lot are doing.