Sign in to follow this  
shastarSingh

Guru Nanak Sacred forest!

good stuff and its great how they are getting kids involved and making them aware of the environment and nature. 

Here in the UK the first think asians do when they buy a house is get rid of the grass and cut down all the trees and cover the garden in concrete slabs!  and leave a patch to grow thniya and palak 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, puzzled said:

good stuff and its great how they are getting kids involved and making them aware of the environment and nature. 

Here in the UK the first think asians do when they buy a house is get rid of the grass and cut down all the trees and cover the garden in concrete slabs!  and leave a patch to grow thniya and palak 

Have you been to my house ;)

18 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Have you been to my house ;)

No I haven't seen your garden lol. Is it nice and green? 

Ours is all concrete lol.

When i was a kids we had a nice garden. We had a really big plum tree, and then another tree, rose bushes, a pond at the back etc  

And then they cut all the trees down and built one of those rooms that asians have in the back of the garden and extended the house into the garden and got rid of the pond! 

I skip in the garden with a rope and iv made the concrete slabs go all wonky lol. 

Our house is slabbed up, but my parents 2nd house that they rent to students has a massive garden,  roses and cherry tree, they lucky they are next to each other

It looks a lot better when it actually looks like a garden doesn't lol. 

I can't call grey slabs a garden lol! 

My Mothers brother in Birmingham moved to a new house around 15 years back, it was a beautiful bungalow really spacious and the garden was just beautiful. They had so many trees and plants, and also those chinese/Japanese trees. Big pond as well. Part of the garden was all pebbles and there was a smaller pond and it had tadpoles swimming in it lol. They had a bench with those wooden frame things over it with vines growing on it. Everything was arranged really nicely, it looked like one of those artistic gardens. 

And they just cut down every single tree and plant and now it just looks like a field! Just a plain field. Now their planning to get rid of the pond.

The lady they got the house from would be horrified if she saw the garden now.