Another kidnapping of granthi's daughter in Pakistan

jkvlondon

On 10/18/2020 at 2:18 AM, justasking said:

living abroad though i dont think apneh really face any problems from suls as we can hold our own with the exception of the uk where we r a very small minority wherever the numbers r even u never see this  ie Canada, usa,N.Z

I don't think you can tell what happens in these other countries, especially with the way elements of our community like to bury their heads, what usually happens is that we only find out about such things afterwards, and then we find out the problem was bigger than we thought in the first place. 

In england successive governments, and police and social services scattered around the country as well as mainstream media seem to have quietly conspired to undermine Sikh concerns in this area (and factor in the effects of our own cowardly, ostrich-like conservatives who don't like facing issues). That explains why even raising awareness was an uphill struggle. Thankfully social media gave a way to communicate directly with the masses and circumvent these obstacles. 

On 10/21/2020 at 12:47 AM, dallysingh101 said:

I don't think you can tell what happens in these other countries, especially with the way elements of our community like to bury their heads, what usually happens is that we only find out about such things afterwards, and then we find out the problem was bigger than we thought in the first place. 

In england successive governments, and police and social services scattered around the country as well as mainstream media seem to have quietly conspired to undermine Sikh concerns in this area (and factor in the effects of our own cowardly, ostrich-like conservatives who don't like facing issues). That explains why even raising awareness was an uphill struggle. Thankfully social media gave a way to communicate directly with the masses and circumvent these obstacles. 

The thing is in America we didnt get the mirpurie and coupled with the fact that the population of sikhs and ppl in general are spread apart you dont really hear about it. Also alot of newer immigrants to usa are educated. The early immigrants to uk were laborers and that just exacerbated the problem of communication. In usa you hear of kids doing stuff but theres no word of organized grooming because most pakistanis here are punjabi and educated. 

3 hours ago, H908 said:

The thing is in America we didnt get the mirpurie and coupled with the fact that the population of sikhs and ppl in general are spread apart you dont really hear about it.

Two things:

I think it's a complete fabrication that such things are limited to mirpuris. There have been plenty of sullay punjabis involved, as well as pathaans. Remember once the girls are 'turned' they can be sold off to others too - like eastern european pimps. These people offer the 'service' in 'stables' and having a mix of ethnicities is like having a wider range of 'product'. 

Also, being spread apart can work against us - as the perpetrators rely on isolation. 

43 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Two things:

I think it's a complete fabrication that such things are limited to mirpuris. There have been plenty of sullay punjabis involved, as well as pathaans. Remember once the girls are 'turned' they can be sold off to others too - like eastern european pimps. These people offer the 'service' in 'stables' and having a mix of ethnicities is like having a wider range of 'product'. 

Also, being spread apart can work against us - as the perpetrators rely on isolation. 

The thing is the muslim population outside of michigan, east coast and san diego is not much. And america encourages blending in so our cultures arent that divided. Theres more middle easterners in america than pakistanis. And theyre usually more educated 

Look, Punjabi Pakistani Muslims, Indian Muslims are not really any different from Mirpuri and Afghanistan Muslims. Get that in your heads people.

Who are the dodgy-est people in Europe? The Albanians, Bosnians and Chechens.

There are North African grooming gangs in France, Holland, Belgium. Turkish ones in Germany. Lebanese ones in Australia. Only one thing links these people together.

17 hours ago, H908 said:

The thing is the muslim population outside of michigan, east coast and san diego is not much. And america encourages blending in so our cultures arent that divided. Theres more middle easterners in america than pakistanis. And theyre usually more educated 

You want to be careful that rose-tinted glasses don't inadvertently open up our community to devious predators who already see us as gullible and easily trusting. What pendu backgrounded folks like me used to refer to as being a bit of a 'lulloo'. That's exactly what happened in the 80s in the UK. 

One thing I will say about the yanks though is that they don't really eff about when it comes to dealing with 'chomos'. Instead of giving them lenient sentences and then protecting them in prison (like in the UK) - they give them long sentences and the other cons have KOS (kill on sight) policy with such people. 

Also please remember the grooming thing often goes hand in hand with supplying hard drugs these days (like heroin - and we all know who's at the forefront of that 'global enterprise'). So it seems to have moved on from groups of opportunistic sleazy, p@k minicab driving perverts, to actual organised crime with national and global structure. Remember that pimps can make a massive fortune from girls and if they get a dimwitted one the risks and overheads are miniscule compared to moving hard drugs around.   Being from 'educated' backgrounds don't mean a thing as such people can be higher up the criminal hierarchy and have more contacts in high up places to cover up their gundh. The networks mean that they can whisk girls away to another locations hundreds of miles away at a moments notice. That's why it's often called people trafficking.

Be street-smart people - don't be a lulloo.   As well meaning as the poster above might be, these people rely on such 'innocence' to target us.