Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ADMIN

Takeover or Handover of SikhSangat forum

Recommended Posts

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

We think that it is now the time where SikhSangat should be passed down to the young generation who are capable of running it well. We are in thinking stage of passing it down by next year. The founders (2 of us) are now in late 30's and are busy with jobs, family and other social work. We are not like of our old generation type folks who wants to keep control of things forever. We are also willing to handover it to the capable Organization. Of course there will be some conditions such; takeover person/org must have proven good panthic record and 100% partial (ex. not exclusively belonging to one jathabandi etc..), not a missionary of course. 

Just an idea...

What are the views of forum members? No step to be taken without sangat's opinion.

Stay in Chardikala
S1ngh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could still run sikhsangat but have a person from the younger generation as well running it. That way you have control as well and make sure it still runs as well.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ADMIN said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

We think that it is now the time where SikhSangat should be passed down to the young generation who are capable of running it well. We are in thinking stage of passing it down by next year. The founders (2 of us) are now in late 30's and are busy with jobs, family and other social work. We are not like of our old generation type folks who wants to keep control of things forever. We are also willing to handover it to the capable Organization. Of course there will be some conditions such; takeover person/org must have proven good panthic record and 100% partial (ex. not exclusively belonging to one jathabandi etc..), not a missionary of course. 

Just an idea...

What are the views of forum members? No step to be taken without sangat's opinion.

Stay in Chardikala
S1ngh

Welcome back. Pls, before you hand it over to someone else, can you remove me from the restriction you’ve imposed upon me? It would be nice to be free of it. I know I am not a regulator poster here but it would be good to be free, especially now that I am stranded here due to COVID travel restrictions and have no Sikh brothers or sisters to talk to. My hormones were playing up and causing a lot of aggressive behaviour in the past but now they have settled and I have grown up since then. Thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep control of the forum Admin ji. But maybe you can give some younger ones  admin duties

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I would prefer more panthic sikhs to run the forum and less of those that are protective of jathas.BAsically, something more representative of the sikh sangat, and also more representative of the Dal Khalsa we read in our sikh history, instead of closing threads which relate to dal khalsa maryada but disagree with these "jathas".

 

Seriously why do people follow "jathas"?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

Seriously why do people follow "jathas"?

I won't derail the topic, but to answer the question, it's a human to desire to belong to something exclusive. Long-term, from a Sikh perspective, it weakens the overarching super-structure instead of strengthening it. How? Because it allows other non-benevolent factions to emerge (either organically through well-meaning albeit misguided personalities OR entities and groups with an insidious agenda designed to disrupt and fracture) who argue their legitimacy; that they are as justifiable in their existence as the earlier groups. With factions comes conflict. Job done.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No current member should be given the forum or position as admin.  If they are, this forum will go further away from gurmat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see members response. We can go with the route of us maintaining the forum in technicality and financially and having the younger generation to run it. But how do we find such youth member(s) who can run the forum and keep it aligned with panthic standpoint? Any suggestions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 4:10 AM, muscleman said:

Welcome back. Pls, before you hand it over to someone else, can you remove me from the restriction you’ve imposed upon me? It would be nice to be free of it. I know I am not a regulator poster here but it would be good to be free, especially now that I am stranded here due to COVID travel restrictions and have no Sikh brothers or sisters to talk to. My hormones were playing up and causing a lot of aggressive behaviour in the past but now they have settled and I have grown up since then. Thank you.

Sure brother. You are off moderation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ADMIN said:

Glad to see members response. We can go with the route of us maintaining the forum in technicality and financially and having the younger generation to run it. But how do we find such youth member(s) who can run the forum and keep it aligned with panthic standpoint? Any suggestions

You can open a new thread, and advertise the opportunity, or actually post on job boards,  strictly saying this is a non paid job, I'm assuming 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ADMIN said:

Glad to see members response. We can go with the route of us maintaining the forum in technicality and financially and having the younger generation to run it. But how do we find such youth member(s) who can run the forum and keep it aligned with panthic standpoint? Any suggestions

Brother Admin Jee,

Just my 2 cents. If you really want to have someone  running this forum, it would just be normal to ask if anyone is willing to do this sewa and to come forward.

Secondly if not, then the very sangat can suggest some names from the very sangat here for that purpose.

And thirdly, you can define the lines which are required to carry on this particular post, so that anybody can think for himself/herself if he or she is suitable or not, otherwise I think it could be messy and difficult.

Many may think this as an opportunity to exercise power, to gain name and fame, when the fact is one here has to be very dedicated, just and fair as main attributes.

Bhul chuk maaf.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 12:12 PM, Kaurr said:

You could still run sikhsangat but have a person from the younger generation as well running it. That way you have control as well and make sure it still runs as well.

I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 4:30 PM, Jonny101 said:

Keep control of the forum Admin ji. But maybe you can give some younger ones  admin duties

That's right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Yes Sant Waryam Singh Ji was there when it all happened. They mention the whole event. Also theres been many times when lost souls came to Rara Sahib for liberation. Even with Sant Kishan Singh ji.    All we can learn from it is to do naam simran and be good to others. That way Maharaj will look after us in this life and the next. 
    • First thing. Im not hounding u. Nor do i have any intention too.  But what do u mean I'm pushing my luck??!!??
    • Is there a footnote or addendum for Chatropokhiyan that states, "Not All Women"? Or is it something that's considered to be assumed and not worth mentioning?  You can play with words and claim others who highlight these issues are slandering all women, but nothing in what's been stated targets every single woman alive. You can lie and force through your agenda, but then that just reveals your spiritual posturing to be as hollow and meaningless as your arguments. Do you know what statistical data is? It's drawing on information and data to present an inference based on various characteristics that are a broad occurrence, with the theory of probability, that doesn't take into account outlying extremes.  It is as simple as that. And if this needs to be stated anytime a sensitive discussion occurs on this site, then you folk are in serious trouble up ahead.  
    • Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh  No veerji. Yes of course woman are capable of terrible things to like what indira gandhi but there are other woman like Mata Sahib Kaur,Bibi Nanaki,Mai Bhago and countless other shaheed Singhanis whose greatness cannot be described.But when Guru Sahib is saying this,it is to those people who have negative stereotypes against woman and claim that all woman are like that and that only a woman can do such a kartoot.This is wrong as this would be an insult to other good woman.Its like imagine saying all Man are cunning.Then this would insult all good man.Another example is that many people abort children just because the child is female.Thats why Guru Sahib says why condemn a woman whose Greatness CAN be so powerful.But this does not apply to all woman.No it is not wrong to call Indira Gandhi bad or Rajiv Gandhi bad or a person like Wazir Khan.But it is bad to give an example of evil people and judge a whole gender or religion based on that.🙏 Bhul Chuk Maf 🙏
    • It's a problem that we need to eliminate. If we don't, it's going to be a huge problem when the time comes for unifying and moving forward.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use